Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

no lovely gardens and murdered teenagers? pathetic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/thedailynu/status/1783985104076820915?t=iD_yek7vMVrN2NUObV2d0A&s=19

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

cool barricade

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

barricades are so 19th century. this is the century of the tunnel

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
They're too NUMTOTs to own cars to sacrifice to the barricade

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
https://www.reddit.com/r/FolkPunk/comments/1bvxwmt/my_battle_jacket_washed_after_like_45_years_and/

croup....

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

wb

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

Back from Gaza already?

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

Holy poo poo...

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

This is the third most disgusting tube I've seen online

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
crust pants

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Those cops hosed around and rhey're about to find out...

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

Dr. Killjoy posted:

crust pants

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Dr. Killjoy posted:

crust pants

only a month unwashed

copy
Jul 26, 2007

for sale: crust pants, never washed

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/derJamesJackson/status/1785399265424032178

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

copy posted:

for sale: crust pants, never washed

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

it’s not too late

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/LAPDHQ/status/1785815645604704627?t=9InJghpMMlVzlfCo1mlsFA&s=19

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Mutual aid ftw. Thank you for building community resilience, Los Angeles Police Department

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

DaysBefore posted:

Mutual aid ftw. Thank you for building community resilience, Los Angeles Police Department

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

DaysBefore posted:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

seems like the aid is p one-sided in this instance

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/CaptainKowloon/status/1786985170521776189?t=bIK8F2WN6wqpF23giNDU5g&s=19

https://twitter.com/ThetaNought/status/1786782769323946035?t=L7gqE78CWMON-KrqFkD5cA&s=19

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

yep

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Went to see a doc showing about a anarchist colony in 19th century brasil, coupled with a book presentation with the author.

It was interesting, an Italian doctor bought some land in brasil, formed a colony all for self autonomy, amounted to around three hundred people and lasted four years. He kept extensive records about it and his conclusion was that if if weren't for the tirany of the Family and external pressures of the government anarchism could succeed. Which just makes it sound like today a PhD trying to argue for his thesis.
The author in the showing also argued that any experiment like this is a success because it doesn't need to lead to a massive societal change since that would be a nation state. Part of me understands the argument but it sounds like coping and not a persuasive one.
Holding out to these small community experiments, with their own constraints and issues, as proof against a capitalism system that failed and when I look around I still have to wake up to go to work doesn't sound like it.

Honest Thief has issued a correction as of 17:30 on May 5, 2024

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

if only there were some kind of authority that could abolish the tyranny of the family. oh well.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
It does. Join me in the anarchist child free movement

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
It's called Voluntary Human Extinction Movement not Mandatory Human Extinction Movement.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Weka posted:

It does. Join me in the anarchist child free movement

Ah no, you still have kids, u just don't discipline them or smth, or tell them to go to bed I dunno, one of the examples of the preconfiguration the Italian doctor was working from was that u wouldn't need to control someone who didn't go to the fields to work because they would eventually feel shame over it. And that sounds like someone did went and told them to shape up or some latent morals from being told not to be lazy as a kid

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/paranoid97__/status/1787441625062371826

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
quoting this from the asia thread because i really like this gramsci quote.

quote:

Anarchism is not a concept proper to the working class and to the working class alone: this is precisely the reason for the permanent “triumph” and permanent “rightness” of anarchists. Anarchism is the elementary subversive position of any oppressed class, and is also the widespread conscience of any dominant class. Since every class oppression has taken form in a State, anarchism is the elementary subversive position that understands the State in and of itself as the cause of all the miseries suffered by the oppressed class. Every class, therefore, as it becomes a ruling class, realizes its own concept of anarchy — because it realizes its own freedom. The bourgeois was anarchic before his class seized political power and imposed on society the ideal State regime suitable to safeguard the capitalist mode of production. The bourgeois continues to be anarchic after his revolution because the laws of his State do not bind him: they are his laws. Therefore the bourgeois can claim to live lawlessly, he can claim that the he lives as a libertarian. The bourgeois will become an anarchist again after the proletarian revolution: he will once again become aware of the existence of a State; of the existence of laws foreign to his will, hostile to his interests, to his habits, to his freedom. He will realize that “State” is synonymous with “compulsion” because the workers’ State will take away the bourgeoisie’s freedom to exploit the proletariat, because the workers’ State will be the bulwark of a new mode of production which, as it develops, will destroy every trace of capitalist ownership and any possibility of its revival.

But the concept proper to the bourgeois class has not been anarchism, it has been the doctrine of liberalism; just as the concept proper to the working class is not anarchism, but Marxist communism. Every specific class has its own specific ideology, which belongs to that class and to no other. Anarchism has been the “fringe” position of every oppressed class, whereas Marxist communism is the specific ideology of the modern working class, and of that class alone. The revolutionary theses of Marxism become a Kabbalistic cipher if interpreted outside of the context of the modern proletariat and the capitalist mode of production (of which the modern proletariat is the consequence). The proletariat is no more an enemy of the State in and of itself than the bourgeoisie was an enemy of the State in and of itself. The bourgeoisie was an enemy of the despotic State, of aristocratic power, but looked favourably towards the bourgeois State, to liberal democracy; the proletariat is an enemy of the bourgeois State, is an enemy of power in the hands of capitalists and bankers, but looks favourably to proletarian dictatorship, to power in the hands of workers and peasants. The proletariat is in favor of the workers’ State as a stage of class struggle, the highest stage, in which the proletariat has the upper hand as an organized political force, but classes continue to exist. Society is still divided into classes, and thus the State, the proper form of every class-divided society, now in the hands of the working class and the peasantry, persists. But this State is used by the working class and peasantry to guarantee their own freedom of development, to completely eliminate the bourgeoisie from history, and to consolidate the material conditions in which class oppression can no longer be brought about.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Cafeteria leftovers feels a judgemental way to call meals, she's not eating straight from the trash
Edit: rethinking it, prob my bad translating leftovers in my head to a different meaning but still, free food is free food! Auntie owns

Honest Thief has issued a correction as of 10:29 on May 9, 2024

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
I worked as a lunch lady (male) for a little bit a few years ago and lmao the food is not going to taste any different or lose nutrients whether it's served to you because you paid for it or because there was too much made so you can have some for free.

always do pack your own lunch so you don't have to eat disgusting slop on the day there is disgusting slop on the menu, little pro tip from me to you

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Ah, but Chinese school lunches aren't slop. It's actually real food.

This *cheapest possible processed food* thing in an American invention.

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
it might come as a shock but I'm not actually american

Food was still slop though, but ever so slightly above base level slop because at least once a week there was an attempt at giving the kids something local/organic and also once a week there was something vegetarian. Might happen on the same day, might not.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

crepeface posted:

quoting this from the asia thread because i really like this gramsci quote.

this is really good. I need to read more Gramsci than just his evergreen Newspapers and the Workers

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
The worst thing about china? Not having to do your taxes yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
it's wild how taxes in america are also a business, here I just click a button on a goverment site and it autofills, i only had to fill out stuff if I have stuff to declare like rents or sold real estate