Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I will spin the wheel and play what build sounds fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Mustached Demon posted:

I will spin the wheel and play what build sounds fun.

That's not a wheel. It's a giant bear!!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ball lighting will be good since you don’t have to wait to level 89 or whatever to finally find the affix that enables the build

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I was deadset on starting Rogue this season (even had a name picked out) - but it's looking like the class has had the least attention of the lot, and even Noted Rogue Stan Wudijo believes it's going to be the weakest class this season.

I played sorc at launch, and at the start of S1 and 3 so spose I should try druid or necro

Edit: Okay so it looks like Barrage Rogue is actually going to be a pretty good season starter after all, but drops down to "B-tier" in the end game. Probably will join team Minion Necro regardless.

Don Dongington fucked around with this message at 08:38 on May 9, 2024

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

How TF are you supposed to get a group for this dumb game? I can’t quite kill the bosses solo so I’d just like someone to tag along but I guess that’s not a thing?

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

MarcusSA posted:

How TF are you supposed to get a group for this dumb game? I can’t quite kill the bosses solo so I’d just like someone to tag along but I guess that’s not a thing?

not easily. what platform are you? hc or sc? i can probably clear what you want

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

harrygomm posted:

not easily. what platform are you? hc or sc? i can probably clear what you want

I’m on PC sc I logged into the discord but lol it’s dead dead

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

yeah theres not really going to be any activity on the discord until season 4 starts. everyone finished season 3 awhile ago.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Well I got an Uber unique ring for my necro and it appears I can do bosses infinity easier now lol

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

Well I got an Uber unique ring for my necro and it appears I can do bosses infinity easier now lol

this might be peak 'complaining on the internet' right here

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

euphronius posted:

Ball lighting will be good since you don’t have to wait to level 89 or whatever to finally find the affix that enables the build

Are they giving it as part of the season journey?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Idk but afaict every affix is in your book to start. The only thing you have to find is better ranks . I might be wrong

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

You still have to unlock them by completing dungeons, and there are still drop-only aspects

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hmm the YouTube I watched was wrong then. Thanks. Drop only ones suck. I thought those had been removed

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I think people got confused by a couple of things:

1) on the PTR if you boosted a character to 100 I believe that added all aspects to your codex
2) the patch notes have a weirdly worded sentence "All Aspects now exist in the Codex of Power", which could be read as you starting with all aspects unlocked. What it actually means is that an extracted aspect as an item no longer exists, they just go straight from being on an item to being in the Codex

Sorry to disappoint

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think 1) is what confused the YouTuber and me

Making me rethink a Bear start. Maybe not. Pulverize is still good even without the affix

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

euphronius posted:

I think 1) is what confused the YouTuber and me

Making me rethink a Bear start. Maybe not. Pulverize is still good even without the affix

I believe pulverize is the free affixes you get while leveling this time so it should be good

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Looks like Maxroll has released its S4 build guides and tier lists.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

This screenshot is making me want to try to recreate my crit strike => attack speed Barb from S2 with the aspect that increases your attack speed based on your movement speed.

chird
Sep 26, 2004

A lot of the builds as written assume you can get +x to the same skills on many gear pieces (which you could on the PTR). But some people think that was a mistake that will be shadow nerfed to only have +x to specific skills on specific gear when S4 is live. That could lower the damage on some of the insane builds by about 50% (though still very strong). But it would probably be more interesting to build with than sticking +x to a single skill on everything.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

chird posted:

Looks like Maxroll has released its S4 build guides and tier lists.

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Lol yeah I played a "c-tier" shadow summoner in S3 (and D3/LE), reckon I'll have a lot of company in S4.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

chird posted:

A lot of the builds as written assume you can get +x to the same skills on many gear pieces (which you could on the PTR). But some people think that was a mistake that will be shadow nerfed to only have +x to specific skills on specific gear when S4 is live. That could lower the damage on some of the insane builds by about 50% (though still very strong). But it would probably be more interesting to build with than sticking +x to a single skill on everything.

Yeah I can see arguments both ways. Like in the specific case of necro summon mastery ranks, the summon skills are already different to every skill in the game because they don't have ranks and you can't spend points on the skills themselves. So on the face of it 25+ ranks to golem mastery seems crazy, but a typical build focused on a core skill can have 5 points in the skill, +ranks to core skills, +ranks to that specific skill, +ranks to passives that directly buff that skill. Bone spirit, for example, can hit rank 23 but that happens across 3 or 4 affixes with different names.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Just took a look at some of the aspect changes for the first time and hell yeah at putting both warriors and mages on occult dominion. That means 6 extra skellies if it’s on your amulet. I don’t care if the build guides never put it there, more buddies is more fun.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

im happy for all y'all minion loverz, those builds never did it for me but it's a good archetype to have

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

season of the minion but companion druid is somehow still poo poo tier

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Kaysette posted:

season of the minion but companion druid is somehow still poo poo tier

Can't even pet your own dogs

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
But nobody else can become a dog

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Excitedly scanning the tier list, looking for Companion Druid. Scrolling, scrolling...scrolling.

Well, poo poo.

Still gonna give it a go. With the new Codex system it will be easier to change over to something else when I hit a wall / get frustrated. And I'm thinking Frozen Orb Sorc for HC, but maybe I'll just join the minion Necro hordes.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Curious to see what’s up with the minion-focused battle pass legendaries, seeing as how consensus is that minion necro is already OP.

Same deal with dust devil barbarians suddenly being OP sorcerers and battle pass pushing that build.

Could be fun.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

A necromancer is just a healer who showed up late. Probably got off on the wrong exit near Jersey and had to turn around a few times.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

where does the dusty barbarian rank?

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Wrex Ruckus posted:

where does the dusty barbarian rank?
If it’s not changed since PTR, it’s possibly the most OP build.

perpetualdejavu
Sep 14, 2007

It's slightly nerfed there's a cap on the number of dust devils and size. Still should be ridiculous

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

victrix posted:

this might be peak 'complaining on the internet' right here

Yeah getting the corpse explosion necro ring is next level awesome.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Paying2Lurk posted:

With the new Codex system it will be easier to change over to something else when I hit a wall / get frustrated.

It's great how many issues the new codex fixes. No more losing a good aspect roll because you thought it was for a build you didn't want to play

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Tarnop posted:

It's great how many issues the new codex fixes. No more losing a good aspect roll because you thought it was for a build you didn't want to play
Yeah that change alone would have brought me back. Some of the other changes on top of that are just extra icing on the cake.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

now make the codex account-wide

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The ptr dust devils was insane and was rightfully nerfed

From what I saw on the tubes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
You still have to either find and extract a drop only aspect or clear a dungeon for non drop aspects to get access right?