Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

500excf type r posted:

Good luck with your racism and all the other bullshit living in Alabama brings lol roll tide

good place to live if you have hot relatives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

biceps crimes posted:

good place to live if you have hot relatives

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

connecticut (not racist)

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

i say swears online posted:

connecticut (not racist)

(Impossible challenge)

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

i say swears online posted:

connecticut (not racist)

I kinda feel like any place that's reasonably close to Boston has it rub off on them.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Everybody knows that a tornado does not strike the same place twice so I would just buy my home in a place that was recently ravaged by a tornado and would be safe forever.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Fun game with my weather app now is watching a two-day forecast climb 15-20F degrees over the following 48 hours

Tomorrow is up 10 degrees from the forecast yesterday so far. I'm thinking it'll hit that beautiful +20F actual again

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Red Baron posted:

holy poo poo

from the replies

quote:

@wyvern_ren6558
2 days ago (edited)
I got sent a link to this and did not think first about how it would make me feel man. My dad was in there. I knew he was lucky to have such little damage, but see it this close? Jesus. Ik what he meant by "the power went out and then the roof was gone a few seconds later." Only three injured and none dead atm. Im worried the physical healing will be easier than mental at this point. Especially since seeing this

quote:

@catpoke9557
1 day ago
Absolutely horrifying thing he went through. Is he doing ok?

quote:

@wyvern_ren6558
1 day ago
@catpoke9557 physically? Yeah, for the most part. Mentally? No. Found out a b7nch of people got layed off, including my dad ig. Very harsh and sudden change. Hopefully my parents can adapt

America, gently caress yea!

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Confirming the layoffs,
https://www.1011now.com/2024/05/06/garner-industries-lays-off-62-people-after-tornado-wipes-out-plant-lincoln/

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

i hate this goddamn place so loving much

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

lmao death to America

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I mean yes I absolutely agree but also it's a company whose entire — and only — facility just got obliterated, what are they gonna do that doesn't result in lots of folks losing their jobs

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Toaster Beef posted:

I mean yes I absolutely agree but also it's a company whose entire — and only — facility just got obliterated, what are they gonna do that doesn't result in lots of folks losing their jobs

not just gently caress off into retirement with the giant insurance checks, and instead use it to rebuild the company as it's meant to be used

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
After finally getting an employment contract to a company in the EU, I will never work for an American company again. If I want to quit I have to give a two week notice. In exchange, if the company wants me gone, they have to give me a two month notice. If they want to lay me off they have to prove they have a financial need to lay me off.

The feeling of never having to wonder if I will be randomly let go is an enormous amount of stress that is no longer there.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
yeah employment here is a loving nightmare and it's wild that so many people who stand to benefit immensely from massive changes are dead set on keeping the status quo

i am currently on a twelve-week paternity leave and I'm immensely grateful for it because of how much better twelve weeks is than what like 90% of other people in the US get, but at the same time it's horrifyingly stupid that I'm grateful for what would in any reasonable society be considered below the bare minimum

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
sweet lord we just had a tornado roll by EXTREMELY CLOSE to my house. power is out, there is debris falling in my yard. holy poo poo

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGM43B_kyxk

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
cheese and crackers i think there is another one

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Just whatever you do, don't stop posting!!

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Demon Of The Fall posted:

cheese and crackers i think there is another one

stay safe tornado goon

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
posting prevents the tornados from getting you!

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

sweet lord we just had a tornado roll by EXTREMELY CLOSE to my house. power is out, there is debris falling in my yard. holy poo poo

Vaxxed?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
we're safe for now, but WOW. I got some good videos, i'll try to post them if I survive the night

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

stay safe goon

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

don't worry if you die posting maybe you'll become famous like vilerat

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

maybe the plateau will break it up before it gets here

ImInDanger.gif

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Just whatever you do, don't stop posting!!
this goes without saying

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

I got some good videos

Oh thank God

But seriously I'm glad you're safe goon, and hoping you stay that way. Hope it doesn't impact you too much

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

been sitting in my hallway for the last hour watching coverage, learning that one of my local stations has a 2 hour delay on livestreams so you can be warned about the tornado 2 hours after it hits you

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Rubellavator posted:

been sitting in my hallway for the last hour watching coverage, learning that one of my local stations has a 2 hour delay on livestreams so you can be warned about the tornado 2 hours after it hits you

lmfao

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Rubellavator posted:

just set your posts on a 2 hour delay so they sync up bing bong

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Toaster Beef posted:

Use the insurance money to pay their workers for at the loving least a few months while they figure out if rebuilding the facility is doable. Not loving fire them 2 days after the goddamn tornado nearly killed some of them while callously calling them "family." Even here in loving hellworld america, this indeed does happen and people are not loving fired days after an act of god destroys a building in a flood or tornado or hurricane.

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can your precious science explains this? Didn't think so :colbert:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

lol at finding out over a day later that a tornado manifested literally two minutes from my house

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Chard posted:

stay safe tornado goon

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Use the insurance money to pay their workers for at the loving least a few months while they figure out if rebuilding the facility is doable. Not loving fire them 2 days after the goddamn tornado nearly killed some of them while callously calling them "family." Even here in loving hellworld america, this indeed does happen and people are not loving fired days after an act of god destroys a building in a flood or tornado or hurricane.

According to the Lincoln Nebraska subreddit (so take with a grain of salt) the employees only get regular pay until the 24th plus any owed vacation pay, and their insurance will run to the end of the month. Apparently the company sent layoff notices and then locked all employee accounts without a thank you or apology. Given the state of business in the US I see no reason to doubt this. Too bad the tornado couldn't have just hit the boardroom when it was filled with executives, and left the rest of the plant standing

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
Exciting news, Reed Timmer is at the diner next to our house. Also one of my coworkers lost her roof last night, and her neighbor died too.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Flambeau posted:

Exciting news, Reed Timmer is at the diner next to our house. Also one of my coworkers lost her roof last night, and her neighbor died too.

what’s up with his car

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Space weather is a fit for this thread.

https://twitter.com/NWSSWPC/status/1788641891908534279

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

rip demon of the fall, may he post forever in heaven