Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

when was the last time the lotto was straight chalk

yay sharks, celibrini has to pay bay area rent lol

His dad is a medical director for the Warriors, so Bay Area rent will not come as a surprise.

e: I imagine this changes the coach search landscape somewhat; plenty of coaches who would not consider the rebuilding Sharks who might consider the rebuilding Sharks + Celebrini. Suppose similar thing could be said for free agent talent.

Habibi fucked around with this message at 01:39 on May 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Celebrini and Will Smith is gonna be a nasty little centre core to build around, and Quentin Musty is an all-time hockey name

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Good move dumping Quinn before he could ruin Celebrini

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

WeaponX posted:

gently caress Chicago

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

As a Red Wings fan, I'd love to see Toronto simultaneously get rid of a three-time Stanley Cup champion Red Wing while also extending the one guy dumb enough to not get vaccinated, not sign when he could have, get traded at the deadline because he didn't sign, and who was then sad and confused on why he got dealt.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The Dirty Burger posted:

Celebrini and Will Smith is gonna be a nasty little centre core to build around, and Quentin Musty is an all-time hockey name

They shall be called the fresh princes of... San Jose

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

The Dirty Burger posted:

Will the Sharks immediately put Celebrini into the fire at the NHL level or keep him in Jr for another season while they build around him?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

trilljester posted:

Will the Sharks immediately put Celebrini into the fire at the NHL level or keep him in Jr for another season while they build around him?
NHL

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

When is the last time 1OA didn't immediately play in the NHL? Owen Power says the internet, and before that Erik Johnson

I reckon forwards have an easier go starting out

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

trilljester posted:

Celebrini won the Hobey Baker as a 17-18 yo freshman

hes way too good for college

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

I figured, justas wondering if he'd get his soul broken playing for such a crap team.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Given how bad the Sharks roster is, it isn't like playing him (even if he has a Calder winning season) is going to put them out of lottery range next season - but it might help sell a few tickets.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

trilljester posted:

When was the last time this happened? I remember MAF got sent back to the QMJHL in 03-04, but goalies are weird.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

lol leafs

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

I'm wondering what kind of trade for an underperforming/underappreciated forward Hughes will do with his extra 1st rounder this year. He has to go 3-for-3.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

WeaponX posted:

lol leafs

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

:hellyeah: sharks winning is pretty much ideal, that org sure as poo poo needs a talent injection.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

When is the last time 1OA didn't immediately play in the NHL? Owen Power says the internet, and before that Erik Johnson

OP went back to college right away but when he finished his season there he played in the final 7 or 8 games for the Sabres in 21-22. So it isnt like he didnt play any NHL games that year.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

So, other than Ovechkin, who doesn't count, Lindros was the last forward who didn't join the NHL. But, that was just because he didn't want to play for Quebec.

Sundin played another year in Sweden. Modano played in the WHL, but joined Minnesota for the playoffs. Joe Murphy was drafted in 1986 and went back-and-forth between the AHL/NHL until 89-90.

I am sure you can go back further and further.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Hart nominees are as expected, Kuch, MacKinnon, and McDavid. Ted Lindsay replaces McDavid with Matthews. Wasnt expecting that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Twin Cinema posted:

Hart nominees are as expected, Kuch, MacKinnon, and McDavid. Ted Lindsay replaces McDavid with Matthews. Wasnt expecting that.

Other players are tired of Connor.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah Connor's got 4 of those, which ties Lemieux for second behind Gretzky who got 5 (back when they were named after Lester B. Pearson). It's kind of unprecedented how many of those Connor has won so quickly so I imagine the players will be looking to spread it around

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
It might actually be a "it would be disrespectful to give anyone as many as Gretzky won" thing

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
It's probably just a "69 goals is really impressive and Kucherov and Mackinnon had more points than McDavid" thing. Can't imagine he's going to be frozen out of winning them for the rest of his career.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I thought we all agreed that the players are idiots why are we posting more proof???

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

neoaxd posted:

I'm wondering what kind of trade for an underperforming/underappreciated forward Hughes will do with his extra 1st rounder this year. He has to go 3-for-3.

If Hughes wanted to get the other Xhekaj last draft, he can get the other Hutson as well.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Stiev Awt posted:

If Hughes wanted to get the other Xhekaj last draft, he can get the other Hutson as well.

Two Hutsons?! In this economy!?

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Montreal has had enough injuries than getting two of each player is the best strategy to ensure enough spare parts for the long term

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Holtz got cut from Sweden in favor of three guys not playing in the NHL :stare:

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
has to learn how to play The Right Way

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1788570969201635437

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Awwwwww

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”
Come on, Mike Keenan...

(Does anyone know why he was eager to leave the Stanley Cup winning Rangers in 1994?)

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Years Ive been waiting for this to happen

New guy might suck too but still glad Ill never have to see another Keefe press conference

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Wonder why they made him sweat it out all week

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They waited until Florida had a win, because if Boston swept they were going to keep him.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/SoCalAvsFan/status/1788395466813825265

I like how the Great Salt Lake makes it look like his head is smoking.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

The Dirty Burger posted:

Wonder why they made him sweat it out all week

They were negotiating with Hakstol to replace him?

I don't think this is true, but it sure would make it worse.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
So berube to the leafs and woodcroft/sullivan to the devils?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alizee
Mar 2, 2006

"Heaven"
Is there any situation where Toronto actually gets a good coach that will help them win in the playoffs?