Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Tea Party Crasher posted:

So either way that one of us would have voted, it would have still been a noexe without another vote, right?

no if you had voted binus then cube could have moved off of salad and hammered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I think something cool will happen if we vote Obama

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

So I'm not entirely understanding why this is on me. It seems like the only thing that would have prevented noexe as if someone else had Entered the thread to vote alongside me

I mean yeah it would've been better for Maug to have voted and for OA to operate in a different time zone and for FoS to skip the gym and for YPM or somber to have shown up.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I’m going to assume the most active players are town

Obama
Ypm
Somber

Let’s get rid of these people and see what happens

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

fool of sound posted:

Welp, Guess I was too busy using eenie meeny miny moe to decide my vote to realize that. I can't say I'm terribly torn up about it because I didn't think either candidate was scum, but my bad nonetheless

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

CubicalSucrose posted:

I mean yeah it would've been better for Maug to have voted and for OA to operate in a different time zone and for FoS to skip the gym and for YPM or somber to have shown up.

Imagine the hottest person you've ever seen. Now imagine them blowing a raspberry and presenting to you the middle finger for a prolonged time. That's me right now

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Yeah it’s binus

First post since I voted for him:

b-minus1 posted:

Why am I the vote leader

Im town

Lol

Over an hour later following Timor’s read on me he suddenly notices I’ve voted for him? This seems like an opportunistic and blatant attempt to +1 TMor to move the vote off himself (or maybe even cause a no elim)

Tired Moritz posted:

Obama is scum

b-minus1 posted:

Holy poo poo this vote is awful

Tm I think you’re right about obama

Then his one town read (who also happened to have a scum read on me) dies N1. This a classic scum frame up

##vote binus

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Yeah it’s binus

Over an hour later following Timor’s read on me he suddenly notices I’ve voted for him? This seems like an opportunistic and blatant attempt to +1 TMor to move the vote off himself (or maybe even cause a no elim)

Then his one town read (who also happened to have a scum read on me) dies N1. This a classic scum frame up

##vote binus

I'd be willing to bet a buck 50 that this is scum effort posting ##vote Obama

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

b-minus1 posted:

Obama
Ypm
Somber

Binus has very few actual reads that don’t involve +1ing TMor. Now he’s pushing this lazy lurker elim poo poo. This is ain’t town binus

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Lurkers are scum/effort posting is scum. Seriously this is lazy scum hunting guys.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

b-minus1 posted:

##vote salad

This is essentially a scum claim in the first post of the game. Lmao

Seriously this is binus’s other ‘read’. As far as I’m aware it was a joke vote that turned real later on somehow?

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Did anybody actually say lurkers are scum. I'm sticking with my theory that scum want to get into the thick of conversation and control the narrative, and usually they do it with a heavy lean which is the vibe I'm getting from you right now

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Did anybody actually say lurkers are scum. I'm sticking with my theory that scum want to get into the thick of conversation and control the narrative, and usually they do it with a heavy lean which is the vibe I'm getting from you right now

Literally the post I just quoted from binus is implying we should ignore top posters and eliminate lurkers (and me)

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

fool of sound posted:

binus (and salad) are still on the board today for obvious reasons but a couple other observations

---cube's weird misvote at the end of d1 immediately after tpc's last second swap. not super sure what to make of that motion but it feels off
---tpc's play felt more normal towards the end of day 1 on the whole, barring the instance above
---binus feeling the need to point out their correct call on tmor feels like fishing for cred

Agreed heavily on the first and third points. Cube is one of my top priorities for a vote today, the other being binus. Still pretty sus of Obama but I think I'd like to flip one of Cube/binus first.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Do you seriously think binus is posting like town right now?

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

A puzzle- why would Obama keep going for binus when there is already Material in the thread suggesting it was because of me They didn't get eliminated, as well as momentum behind voting me already

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

fool of sound posted:

Timestamp suggest you forgot to f5 before posting that first vote

tbf everyone i had every intention of self-hammering if I needed to, but unfortunately i was eating a burrito

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

fool of sound posted:

i think it would be really funny if tpc was feigning not being able to do basic arithmetic

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

A puzzle- why would Obama keep going for binus when there is already Material in the thread suggesting it was because of me They didn't get eliminated, as well as momentum behind voting me already

Because I’m incredibly convinced he’s scum? Riddle me this, why wouldn’t I just take the easy bait and go for you instead?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

this stuff is why i'm not interested in doing TPC, i think this is scattershot town posting

##vote binus that post he made after learning there was a wagon on him d1 is exactly like his scum behavior in at least keats's disney mafia, the one with the scum masonries

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Literally the post I just quoted from binus is implying we should ignore top posters and eliminate lurkers (and me)

They said they are assuming top posters are town, which is a pretty standard Mafia heuristic from my experience. What you are suggesting, to quote a great Twitter post, "That's a whole new sentence"

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

They said they are assuming top posters are town, which is a pretty standard Mafia heuristic from my experience. What you are suggesting, to quote a great Twitter post, "That's a whole new sentence"

what? no it's not, binus literally said let's vote in somber/ypm/obama today

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

saladscooper posted:

this stuff is why i'm not interested in doing TPC, i think this is scattershot town posting

##vote binus that post he made after learning there was a wagon on him d1 is exactly like his scum behavior in at least keats's disney mafia, the one with the scum masonries

See salad understands that I have a variable 50 IQ points depending on if I am town or scum

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

He listed the bottom two posters and said we should eliminate them after me. What does that suggest to you?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Maugrim posted:

I'm feeling Obama's reads more than the salad/binus thing at this point. ##vote TPC

I've also changed my mind, TM could be scum.

oh hm. hm. hmmm

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

b-minus1 posted:

This is an insane post to make.

I know I’m town and I have a decent feeling about tpc being town.

Binus clearly trying to pocket TPC here now he knows they’re an ally in the effort to eliminate me.

I suppose they could be scumbros too but that’s a thought for another day.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

ObamaAkbar. posted:

He listed the bottom two posters and said we should eliminate them after me. What does that suggest to you?

It suggests to me that I can be somewhat of a literal reader. I hadn't checked the post counts to see those two were on the bottom, I would have assumed Maugrim I was at the bottom just off the top of my head.

Still though, doesn't really ping me. Cookfia is proof that people usually want to eliminate lurkers, we got to win as scum because town was instantly willing to bump two of their own when given the chance

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

I haven't played much with them, but binus' behavior on the chopping block did not read as caught scum, so I'm just not feeling it there

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Your Personal Muse posted:

Explain to me the binus case like I’m sleep deprived

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Cube somehow has less content than me. More like scube

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Welp, Guess I was too busy using eenie meeny miny moe to decide my vote to realize that. I can't say I'm terribly torn up about it because I didn't think either candidate was scum, but my bad nonetheless

Well if only there were a way to understand who was voting for whom, and how much time there was until the deadline.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

CubicalSucrose posted:

Well if only there were a way to understand who was voting for whom, and how much time there was until the deadline.

Allow me to reiterate

Imagine the hottest person you've ever seen. Now imagine them blowing a raspberry and presenting to you the middle finger for a prolonged time. That's me right now

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Yeah it’s binus

##vote binus

Nice vote

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Binus clearly trying to pocket TPC here now he knows they’re an ally in the effort to eliminate me.

I suppose they could be scumbros too but that’s a thought for another day.

Im glad you agree that tpc is town

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

saladscooper posted:

oh hm. hm. hmmm

Yikes that’s a bad post by maugrim

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

I think the new scum meta is to overact about how pinged you are about somebody, that way you can throw a lot of low content vibe-based shade at them. Then they will respond which starts a tar baby situation in which The conversation becomes more and more about them, leading to them likely becoming the vote leader.

Once the target flips town, The scum is then lightly shielded by their "willingness to scum hunt". This works best if You let a townie get bad vibes first, and then you fan their flames as a kind of proxy pocket.

Anyway that's what I believe fool might be doing right now. Obama got bad vibes from me and now fool has to provide some empty meta read on me. ##vote fool of sound

reread through the thread after catching up and this post stands out to me. i don't buy into the rationale and i don't think it's the kind of argument town make naturally. basing your read off a specific scum perspective feels like a bit of a tell?

Maugrim's voting pattern stands out to me.

obama -> [agrees with the binus vote early but doesn't pursue it] tpc -> no one -> binus

Really feels like Maug was never invested in finding scum.

failure to launch binus yesterday just makes me think that scum rallied around their buddy. scum benefit the most from a NL. not having voting records at eod makes it way harder to tell.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

b-minus1 posted:

Obama
Ypm
Somber

obama is 2 posts behind you and he probably has 2x the word count per post.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Your Personal Muse posted:

Explain to me the binus case like I’m sleep deprived

the binus vote is like jazz. it's all about the posts you don't make.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

reread through the thread after catching up and this post stands out to me. i don't buy into the rationale and i don't think it's the kind of argument town make naturally. basing your read off a specific scum perspective feels like a bit of a tell?

Maugrim's voting pattern stands out to me.

obama -> [agrees with the binus vote early but doesn't pursue it] tpc -> no one -> binus

Really feels like Maug was never invested in finding scum.

failure to launch binus yesterday just makes me think that scum rallied around their buddy. scum benefit the most from a NL. not having voting records at eod makes it way harder to tell.

I posted VF at all the relevant points except for like 5 minutes to go, and that detail has been discussed in thread today. Vote TPC for a better future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Somberbrero posted:

obama is 2 posts behind you and he probably has 2x the word count per post.

That’s interesting