Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Still remembering when he broke the internet by being right about Twilight Princess, the most 8.8/10 game ever created.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Kevyn posted:

I’m holding out for the Colecovision 2. Hope Donkey Kong is the pack-in again.

I only found out this week that it actually stands for Connecticut Leather Company. I'd love a set of saddle brown joycons.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I have been kind of done with GTA for a while

Take a look at the trailer for GTA6, what a fun and wonderful world they have created there, it's full of boisterous characters loving life. Seems great. Except, the game is going to ask you to shoot and kill all these characters. I don't wanna do that.

they respawn op

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
bring me wind waker hd for switch this fall, nintendo

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

weird I don't see you crying in the mirror about all the koopas you've stomped over the course of your life. racist.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Wonder if they'll mention metroid prime 4, it's become the new silksong

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mega64 posted:

That's why Double Dash isn't a real Mario Kart game.

I guess using disc based media is how they could fit two characters on each vehicle in Mario Disc - Double Dash :D

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
If ever there were video game people in need of a killin’, it’s the folks in the GTA6 trailer

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Soul Glo posted:

bring me wind waker hd for switch this fall, nintendo

Don't you dare make demands of Nintendo, punk!

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Mega64 posted:

Still remembering when he broke the internet by being right about Twilight Princess, the most 8.8/10 game ever created.

At that point why not just round it up to a 9 or down to an 8.75 is my issue?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

doomrider7 posted:

Gamespot started rounding their reviews to .5ths because of that review.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I still remember reading all the 10/10 reviews of loving Skyward Sword

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

doomrider7 posted:

Gamespot fed their individual criteria score values into a spreadsheet that spat out the final value rounded like that.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Mega64 posted:

That was generous too, in the cold light of day.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I think 8.8 was spot on. For a Zelda, TP is pretty mid, but a mid Zelda is still pretty drat good. It has a couple spectacle moments and some unique dungeons, but otherwise was a bit too safe and bloated.

Gertsmann was also right in that Link being left-handed is worth 0.1 extra point. That's the only reason why BotW and TotK aren't 10.1/10 games.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.

The Maroon Hawk posted:

The rumored AR camera

Yeah, why hasn't there ever been a motion-tracking camera peripheral?

I bet it'd sell GANGBUSTERS and be totally well-implemented and not busted or buggy at all...

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Best buys got the nes thing

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Twilight Princess, lose the wolf parts and I'm more interested. After that and SS I don't want to see Dig verbs in Zelda again

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Bug Squash posted:

That was generous too, in the cold light of day.

The art style and writing decisions definitely knock down for me, but I still think it was a solid 9 for me same with Skyward.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

You never built a pool without a ladder?

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Mega64 posted:

I think 8.8 was spot on. For a Zelda, TP is pretty mid, but a mid Zelda is still pretty drat good. It has a couple spectacle moments and some unique dungeons, but otherwise was a bit too safe and bloated.
i remember this game owning, but the only part i remember specifically is the old west town where some knockoff morricone music plays while you walk down the main street and wreck some bozos. if you shoot the guys on the balcony they'll crash through the railings when they die which was a nice touch

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

doomrider7 posted:

The art style and writing decisions definitely knock down for me, but I still think it was a solid 9 for me same with Skyward.

hmm, that's only a 0.2 variance from Jeff.. I'll allow it

48 Hour Boner
May 26, 2005

I think something's wrong with this thing

DLC Inc posted:

I still remember reading all the 10/10 reviews of loving Skyward Sword

And they were right!

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Spacebump posted:

You never built a pool without a ladder?

This guy knows what’s up.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Red Warrior posted:

Technically no delay since there's never been an announced launch date but actual reputable journalists have talked to third party devs who have said they were told the launch window was now around March next year instead of these holidays.

This whole list of 'leaks' is just existing well sourced information with some random 'there's going to be other directs! with games! it's going to have RAM!' mixed in.

Reputable like Bloomberg who has been predicting the Switch Pro every couple months for years?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

48 Hour Boner posted:

And they were right!

They were loving wrong

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Animal Well is really dope so far
Only played a couple hours tonight but I’m really digging it

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 45 minutes!

Cartoon Man posted:

Forgot to include this in my post:

Fake.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

SilkyP posted:

Animal Well is really dope so far
Only played a couple hours tonight but I’m really digging it

Yeah I've played about an hour. The first power up lets you go so many places by chaining it off of itself. It makes everything feel really non linear, like I can explore in any direction I want

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.engadget.com/nintendo-is-done-paying-elon-musk-for-x-integration-165704399.html

quote:

Nintendo says integrated Facebook sharing is still enabled but warns that it could be discontinued later.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 12:16 on May 10, 2024

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

I actually got banned years ago from Twitter or X for botting by having a private account with 0 followers/0 following to upload Nintendo screenshots. It was a great day. :waycool:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Mega64 posted:

Gertsmann was also right in that Link being left-handed is worth 0.1 extra point. That's the only reason why BotW and TotK aren't 10.1/10 games.

Does anyone other than me remember when Aonuma made some sort of claim about TP's land size, saying that it was so much bigger than OoT that would take 45 minutes to get from one end of Hyrule to the other on horseback?

Man, I was so disappointed.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Does anyone other than me remember when Aonuma made some sort of claim about TP's land size, saying that it was so much bigger than OoT that would take 45 minutes to get from one end of Hyrule to the other on horseback?

Man, I was so disappointed.

I don’t even think it takes that long to cross Breath of the Wild on foot from corner to corner.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I remember an old vg magazine that told me you could spend days lost in OoT's Lost Woods if you didn't know what you were doing. Well, that was technically true.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Argue posted:

I remember an old vg magazine that told me you could spend days lost in OoT's Lost Woods if you didn't know what you were doing. Well, that was technically true.

:yeah:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cartoon Man posted:

I don’t even think it takes that long to cross Breath of the Wild on foot from corner to corner.

It takes that long in Twilight Princess because you have to stop for a lot of cutscenes and get sucked into the a Twilight realm a couple times

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
twilight princess is a 7 at best

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Looper posted:

twilight princess is a 7 at best

you're a 7 at best

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
7 ain't bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Welp. There goes my last reason to have a Twitter! I'll have to think of a creative way to get myself banned.

Now bring back Miiverse!