Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Szyznyk posted:

l Hulk Hogan is leading other wrestlers to Jesus

I thought he was married to a Scientologist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Bonzo posted:

I thought he was married to a Scientologist?

the hulkster knows a work when he sees one and he wants in

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Yes Roddy Piper contacted Hulk Hogan from the horry netherworld via text message

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Szyznyk posted:

So now Ric Flair’s the bad guy and the immortal Hulk Hogan is leading other wrestlers to Jesus and literally got a message from Heaven from Rowdy Roddy Piper. How the worm has turned.

Both can be the bad guy

Though neither are the real Bad Guy, that’s Scott Hall

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Yes Roddy Piper contacted Hulk Hogan from the horry netherworld via text message

i believe

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
It was da maniac,he wanted hogan in on a pyramid scheme.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hulk Hogan talking on Christian TV about briefly dying and going to Hell but it's just him retelling the time he met the Dungeon of Doom, complete with not hot water.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Andre the Giant was 815 lbs when I lifted him over my head at WM 3. So I know what it must have felt like for Jesus to carry that cross down that aisle, on his way to the ultimate retirement match, brother.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

The Hulkster will try anything to get over. The Evangelical reformed sinner route makes perfect sense.

I guess the question is, what is he getting out of this? Is it for money, or is he just that consumed with own image? Like I don't see the money in this. It's not like he can launch his own weed gummy brand appearing on the 700 club.

He can probably get people to donate to a church, but does he see any of that? Is he selling Hulkser themed Christian paraphernalia now?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I thought he already was heavily evangelical

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

well he always wore the cross and talked about saying your prayers and was vaguely christian, but I don't think he went all in like this before.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

The Hulkster will try anything to get over. The Evangelical reformed sinner route makes perfect sense.

I guess the question is, what is he getting out of this? Is it for money, or is he just that consumed with own image? Like I don't see the money in this. It's not like he can launch his own weed gummy brand appearing on the 700 club.

He can probably get people to donate to a church, but does he see any of that? Is he selling Hulkser themed Christian paraphernalia now?

Given the Hulkster's pattern of behavior, it's fair to assume that he's looking to be the Top Draw (brother!)

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Bonzo posted:

Andre the Giant was 815 lbs when I lifted him over my head at WM 3. So I know what it must have felt like for Jesus to carry that cross down that aisle, on his way to the ultimate retirement match, brother.

I SPLIT THE EARTH IN TWAIN WITH THE POWER OF MY HOGANGELICALS BROTHER

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Wingnut welfare is money and all.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

The Hulkster will try anything to get over.

Except sell.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Jesus worked himself into a shoot

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Verne Gagne wanted Jesus to remain a carpenter, but Jesus saw the big picture.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Cannot wait for Hot Rod to embrace the Hulkster at the pearly gates, and then turn on him by hitting him with the book of life.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Hogan isn't going to be up there...

He's gonna be down therrrrrreeeee!!!!

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

lol if you think the second any southern state legalizes weed every mega church in that state wont have t heir own weed gummy. and hogan can easily become a mega church pastor.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Jesus is being affixed to that, that, that horrible SYMBOL of the Undertaker!

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Nah, he was so good he nailed it beforehand.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Our main event is a handicap match. Jesus vs. The Money Changers

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

bah god that's judas' music

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

This capacity crowd in Gethsemane Gardens is going wild!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
*sound of earthenware jugs being smashed*

*crowd goes wild*

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

AlmightyBob posted:

bah god that's judas' music

https://youtu.be/3azQuNL2LIM?feature=shared

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

welcome to good friday night smackdown! it's been three nights since jesus suffered a devasting beatdown the likes of which...what's this?!?

*lights in the arena mysteriously go out*

*a bell begins to ring ominously*

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
He’s hit im’ with a slap on the cheek! And another! Now he’s got im’ in the crucifix crippler!

Kurash
May 12, 2008

Cornwind Evil posted:

I think about reading Flair's autobiography, published in 2002, when things seemed to be on an upswing into a long, slow, quiet trip into history. He talked about how his treatment in WCW once Bischoff came in slowly tore away at his confidence and basically rendered him a mass of self-doubt and other neurosis. It seemed like a story of troubles overcome, but in reality, it was just a warning sign that he was prone to such things, and what he needed was help.

But people like Ric Flair don't get help, and sadly he's fallen into a much deeper pit of such feelings. You do get the feeling from Flair recounting his darkest moments then that he wanted to die because he felt he had no worth. Now, with his horrible finances, three ruined marriages since the book was released, the loss of his son due to a drug overdose (and I'd bet money that Ric thinks that his son might have either been trying to escape his shadow or was trying his own version of 'stylin' and profilin' and unlike his father, the genetics didn't line up), his darn last match giving him a literal heart attack, I really have to wonder if he's subconsciously trying to kill himself and that he thinks that's the best solution; as Michael Jackson shows, death makes a lot of people forgive and forget your sins.

Insane reaches like this is what makes your posts a chore to read.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Kurash posted:

Insane reaches like this is what makes your posts a chore to read.

I fully admit I don't know an actual anything about the man Richard Fliehr (Edit: Not Felair, thank you Timby) and that all I'm doing is armchair psychology and theorizing. Can't help you with the rest, that's on you.

Also this talk about Jesus Wrestling makes me think of this Robot Chicken bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGjlo9iMHYc

Cornwind Evil fucked around with this message at 23:53 on May 10, 2024

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!
It’s Me, Job! It was Me all along!

AW, SONUVABITCH!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Cornwind Evil posted:

I fully admit I don't know an actual anything about the man Richard Felair

His birth surname is Fliehr.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I know he has a really bad credit score and he likes to show people his dick

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
A true Goon.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

AlmightyBob posted:

tony clifton might as well have been a heel manager

In the indies, there's Sidney Bakabella, whose gimmick is that he's basically Tony Clifton as a time-displaced 1980's manager who keeps talking about Vince Jr. and the territories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H37TKrD7l8A

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gavok posted:

In the indies, there's Sidney Bakabella, whose gimmick is that he's basically Tony Clifton as a time-displaced 1980's manager who keeps talking about Vince Jr. and the territories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H37TKrD7l8A

Is or was? I have been vaguely wondering what happened to him and the devastation corporation, who became instantly over to my novice wrestling fan friends because of their look and how fun it is to say their name when we saw them once live

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

rotinaj posted:

Is or was? I have been vaguely wondering what happened to him and the devastation corporation, who became instantly over to my novice wrestling fan friends because of their look and how fun it is to say their name when we saw them once live

Bakabella's still active, even in a post-Chikara world. Wrestles the occasional comedy match, including one against Hornswoggle from a year or two ago. Two of the DevCorp guys still wrestle, but they're doing their own things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Ric Flair issued a sort of apology but not apology to the restaraunt in Gainesville. He insists he wasn't drunk. He had "maybe two cocktails" and "michelob ultras" of an unspecified count...he cited his health issues with his intestines as the reason he got so upset about the bathroom thing. So he was fixin to poop and that's what made things so tense. Welp that's the story.