Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Raider collectron is in the shop now. It's my second favorite one next to the communist collectron. Oh looks like they are in a bundle together too for 50% off.

Both of them are pretty funny and I like having them around my camp. Just FYI you can set your collectron to 'collect' anything you've unlocked and keep whichever one you like the best active (so you can have your raider collectron collecting nuka colas or whatever).

Can you have multiple collectrons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Nope, 1 Collectron, 1 Ally. That's it.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Since Bethesda are adding a hyper OP Bloodied Railway gun in the upcoming content expansion I decided to try to play a low health build. Trying it with pistol (pistol really kind of needs it tbh) and I guess it's OK. Bear traps and other corny poo poo kills me
e: doing this so far

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 22:38 on May 9, 2024

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Yeah there's the Penn and whatever the other place is called that have NPCs, but you can't choose to go there and just walk around like with the AC places. If you're on a Pitt map, you're doing an expedition.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Kaddish posted:

Can you have multiple collectrons?

You can have one at each workshop, so if you take over every workshop on the map you can have a whole buttload of collectrons

Sadly they all disappear when you leave the server.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
If I wanted to try for some unyielding gear, what would be the best bang for my buck? I’m still working on unlocking secret service.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Man Tax Evasion really is infinitely better than the other couple expeditions I tried out for daily quests.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

So, I did a restart with the Gunslinger Commando build and haven't really kept my klepto tendencies in check. Is 20 fully charged fusion cores and 2 suits of power armor too much? I did pick up the fusion charger doohickie and, after hooking it up to power, it's topped everything off.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Ninurta posted:

So, I did a restart with the Gunslinger Commando build and haven't really kept my klepto tendencies in check. Is 20 fully charged fusion cores and 2 suits of power armor too much? I did pick up the fusion charger doohickie and, after hooking it up to power, it's topped everything off.

Two power armor frames isn’t nearly enough tbh - the game shits so many legendary power armor chunks at you that all weigh 15+ unless you stick em on a frame, which always weighs a flat 10. Then just pop it out and rip all the bits off when you’re ready to melt some more scrip.

20 fusion cores is probably excessive unless you’re running a Gatling laser or something though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

lol I only have 5 fusion cores. I’d like 30 pls

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I have been all set to switch to a bloodied build for a long time now. I have an unyielding SS armor piece for every spot and a quad railway gun (not a god roll on one of the stars). I just never bother because loading up my union armor and killing everything with a holy fire flamer and cremator is just too fun.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Kaddish posted:

If I wanted to try for some unyielding gear, what would be the best bang for my buck? I’m still working on unlocking secret service.

My opinion, on the best bang for your buck:

You'd only be wasting your modules trying to roll, say Heavy Combat Armor pieces. Sure it'd be tradeable, but Secret Service is top notch. You craft Secret Service armor pieces using 1 legendary module, which spits out a piece with a random legendary roll, 1-3 stars. I reroll'd any 1 star non-Unyielding pieces once, and turned everything else non-Unyielding into scrip. (Unless it was a troll piece with Rad Regen, of which I rolled way too many.)

This way you're getting some return on your crafting (scrip = more modules = more crafting) rather than rerolling the same piece of armor time after time spending modules and getting nothing extra in return.

Be mindful of the daily scrip limit - it's very easy to find yourself with 40 bad rolls, no stash space, and 0 scrip left until tomorrow.

You don't even need especially great rolls! Just 4-5 pieces of even 1* Unyielding SS armor are all you need - any other stars beyond UNY are just icing on the cake. Don't worry about needing to roll the absolute perfect set right from the get go.

Otacon fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 9, 2024

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Thanks, that's what I figured. I have a couple pieces unlocked, I'll start on those.

The daily gold limit is a bummer!

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Kaddish posted:

Thanks, that's what I figured. I have a couple pieces unlocked, I'll start on those.

The daily gold limit is a bummer!

To add a personal experience of mine, and this is extremely contentious among FO76 vets and statisticians:

I'm pretty sure legendary rolls are based on a server seed.

While rolling you'll notice trends and hotstreaks, while rarely seeing some other effects. If you're saving up a lot of modules to roll a bunch of armor at once, I don't recommend spending everything in a single server if you're not seeing any Unyielding rolls after ~10-15 crafts. If you go to an event and get an Unyielding piece, definitely try rolling a few times on that server!

I have no proof to back this up except for personal experience. Feel free to take it with a grain of salt. On my second character's set, I spent about two weeks getting my first couple pieces, and then finished the entire rest of my set on a single server after getting some Unyielding armor to drop from Eviction Notice.

Good luck!

Otacon fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 10, 2024

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I just rolled like 8 garbage cremators in a row so maybe I'll try out your strategy next time.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
Did they quietly bump up the daily legendary scrip cap or is there something else going on? Yesterday it was 500 but today I was able to get 1000.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

also don't sleep on just vendor hopping to throw together a set of less desirable one or two star unyielding drops someone got but didn't throw away. I'd stay away from wooden or robot but the rest are plenty good enough to carry you

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Perhaps a double scrip weekend?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Russian Remoulade posted:

Did they quietly bump up the daily legendary scrip cap or is there something else going on? Yesterday it was 500 but today I was able to get 1000.

double scrip weekend I've been eviction notice hunting all evening managed to find three so hopefully I'm good until Sunday

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

the paradigm shift posted:

double scrip weekend I've been eviction notice hunting all evening managed to find three so hopefully I'm good until Sunday

Fantastic. Radiation Rumble has been my drug of choice for XP and scrip; I switched off commando to a cremator build and it's so easy to tag everything.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Cremator with slow burning mod and grenadier just melts the aliens and drones. One shot will kill a whole group.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Cremator with slow burning mod and grenadier just melts the aliens and drones. One shot will kill a whole group.

Yeah, as a melee player it kinda sucks! At least lemme tag something.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

As an also primarily melee player I always keep an SMG/a bunch of molotovs or something on me for public events filled with people rocking AoE, solely for tagging lol

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ugh, I spent way too long building a stupid house in my camp, and I log back in and I can't place it even though it's blue and I should be able to. I guess I just won't engage in that whole part of this game

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Log out and log back in.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I now think that since my house has two lightbulbs, I need power to place it. But of course my generator is gone since my camp moved, and it doesn't even refund the materials it took to buy it. That is dumb

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Chronojam posted:

V7M6YDXF44CWF7QXVJF93WPCZ

This should get you Fallout 76 on xbox, please quote it if you use it

Used. Thanks.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

AndrewP posted:

I now think that since my house has two lightbulbs, I need power to place it. But of course my generator is gone since my camp moved, and it doesn't even refund the materials it took to buy it. That is dumb

Stuff like that is not dependent when re-placing your camp.

It's the blueprint system that is buggy as poo poo.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Otacon posted:

Be mindful of the daily scrip limit - it's very easy to find yourself with 40 bad rolls, no stash space, and 0 scrip left until tomorrow.

note that since legendary modules are awarded directly from expeditions, and are not throttled, you may want to just spend your scrip on vault steel rather than modules.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
i spent too much time making this dumb warehouse barn camp, most of it spent dealing with todd howard's vision of a build mode

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I now know how important frequent quicksaves are in FO4. Had a quest to go into the glowing sea to some army dudes, ran the whole way, got to the place, killed my way through, and then I had to take an elevator up. The moment I open the door, there are three power armour dudes there, who splatter me instantly. I tried drugs, being invisible, waiting until they walk away - it's impossible. Last save was an hour ago, so there goes that progress...

I was under-leveled though I think, so will cut my losses and come back later to kick their asses.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Booty Pageant posted:

i spent too much time making this dumb warehouse barn camp, most of it spent dealing with todd howard's vision of a build mode

It looks great though. I love how you have that weird four angles roof on there that's a thing on warehouses irl and I have no idea why. It must have been an absolute nightmare to replicate in-game.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Yeah why are they shaped like that

Edit:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saw-tooth_roof

Huh. They were windowed, faced away from direct sunlight so it would let in daylight but not get too hot. Pre-air conditioning.

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 08:00 on May 10, 2024

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s so the mothman can’t perch

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

Books On Tape posted:

Are the FO76 season rewards generally 100% doable if you're getting all your daily and weekly SCORE things done? Or is it bullshit where you have to spend atoms to get it all? I havent been able to find when the current season will end.

I've only been playing for two weeks or so and I'm on level 74 for the season. That is with a weekend of double xp but other than that I've just been doing my dailies and weeklies. It seems really really easy to finish compared to other games.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

so within the reality of fallout 76 are you building the windows and then breaking them or

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

henpod posted:

I now know how important frequent quicksaves are in FO4. Had a quest to go into the glowing sea to some army dudes, ran the whole way, got to the place, killed my way through, and then I had to take an elevator up. The moment I open the door, there are three power armour dudes there, who splatter me instantly. I tried drugs, being invisible, waiting until they walk away - it's impossible. Last save was an hour ago, so there goes that progress...

I was under-leveled though I think, so will cut my losses and come back later to kick their asses.

sounds like those dudes need some Fat Man lovin'

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

henpod posted:

Thats the new Enclave "mod" that was added with the nextgen update, it is very much endgame stuff.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the bug that makes the brightness randomly dim all the time like your virtual eyes are adjusting makes the new patch on xbox basically unplayable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

This is more fun than I was expecting. At level 5 and found a legendary short stock hunting rifle with +50% damage against humans, just in time for me to decide how to handle the mission with the free radicals so.. it was an easy choice. Glad my gamepass sub isn't going to complete waste.