Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Rageaholic posted:

Not yet, but I'm going to see it tomorrow. I love that last Apes trilogy that Serkis was in, but he's not in the new one, so I'm apprehensive about it because Serkis' character was the main reason I liked the last few.

please report in tomorrow. I liked how sincere the trailer was despite being based on a completely bonkers concept

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I was just thinking about that scene in twin peaks the return when freddy punches bob with his green hulk hand, and bob explodes, but then floats upward through the ceiling

I wonder what that could have meant

SeenYourPoopypants
Mar 10, 2024
Im super pumped for Despicable Me 4

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
keeping up with the mcu went from a ~4 hour yearly investment of your time, to 9, to 35

don't worry though, they're going to pare it back down to about 20

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
"disney+ wasn't a mistake" chuckled bob the ruinous imbecile, "it wasn't, okay? it wasn't. it wasn't. it wasn't. it wasn't. it wasn't."

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
money wise tho it wasnt. money get back im alright jack keep your hands off of myyyyyyy stack

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJGAq1L3q9o

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

JediTalentAgent posted:

Did they ever talk about doing a Twilight prequel yet? Or some spin-off series?

"Up To Bat" It's a series about a secret vampire baseball league through history.

This is way too clever and interesting sorry.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
whens the disney + series about indiana jones getting his iconic name

or his iconic hat or iconic whip

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Regular Wario posted:

whens the disney + series about indiana jones getting his iconic name

or his iconic hat or iconic whip

That all happened in the first ten minutes of Indiana Jones’s and the last crusade. The warning signs about George and prequels were there all along…

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
The Furiosa movie got the Kojima seal of approval so maybe I shouldn't be bitching about some of the wonky looking effects in the trailers?
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1788859151319507304

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Kojima liked it? drat, that movie gonna be baaaaaad.

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Kojima liked it? drat, that movie gonna be baaaaaad.

the kiss of death

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Barudak posted:

Theres an entire Silmarillion to do, but lets do a m needless middle film poo poo about finding a character who provided corroborating evidence in the main story loving hell what a tedious tale to tell when we have a spider older than time that eats sunlight and god so thoroughly destroying the world they make it curved instead of flat.

That sounds expensive, while Aragorn and Gandalf wandering across New Zealand for several hours is nice and cheap.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Aragorn: Members of the council, it took years of search but we finally caught Gollum. Let me tell you an epic tale...
Legolas: Uh we let him go outside to climb trees and he escaped.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Cassian of Imola posted:

the kiss of death

Kojima likes most movies

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
kojima's only reliable in the opposite direction. a "watched" post is like getting 20% on rotten tomatoes

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
I've reached a verdict on Fallout; entertaining garbage

Currently in a state of Mike-like serenity

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"He is my God" lol

I have absolutely loved some of George Miller's movies, but that's taking it a little far Kojima

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Rageaholic posted:

"He is my God" lol

I have absolutely loved some of George Miller's movies, but that's taking it a little far Kojima

Nah, let him start a George Miller cult. I wanna see where this goes...

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Rageaholic posted:

"He is my God" lol

Kojima all made sense for me when I realized he's just the Japanese mirror image of a western weeb.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Rageaholic posted:

"He is my God" lol

Babe was a life defining experience for Kojima

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Rageaholic posted:

"He is my God" lol

That's like an 8/10 review for Kojima

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Mordja posted:

A real post, from CD.

2028, watching a film where a visibly dispirited Daniel Day Lewis has a tense conversation with his wife, played by an unshaded cgi cube that speaks with the weird TikTok speech to text lady voice

ME: Thank god I'm not middlebrow, otherwise I might have a problem with this.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

kalel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fin_5EdUoMk

I like this trailer a lot. feels like a refreshingly unique hook. my heart kind of sank when the director's name finally showed up

this was posted 100 years ago in rlm thread time, but holy poo poo i knew immediately who directed this before they even said the name. a character goes up to some random guy who is very busily working and calls him over. they both introduce themselves by name as if they will become best friends and repeatedly say each others names. then the 180 degree rule is broken so severely that it becomes hard to look at. there is a premise that, though insanely improbable and stupid, could be fun (but will be unintentionally funny instead). its my boy, m night

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Hackers film 1995 posted:

this was posted 100 years ago in rlm thread time, but holy poo poo i knew immediately who directed this before they even said the name. a character goes up to some random guy who is very busily working and calls him over. they both introduce themselves by name as if they will become best friends and repeatedly say each others names. then the 180 degree rule is broken so severely that it becomes hard to look at. there is a premise that, though insanely improbable and stupid, could be fun (but will be unintentionally funny instead). its my boy, m night

Coward shoulda stuck with the scripted "Crazy-rear end white people" ending to The Village.

Anyway, well done to Josh Harnett for seemingly aging like a normal person.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I liked Josh Hartnett on Penny Dreadful. That was a cool show although the first season was definitely the best.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Movies with bad/low budget special effects can be good

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Rewatching the second scavenger hunt BotW, they really should do another one of those and/or another Monique Gabrielle movie.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Failson posted:

Anyway, well done to Josh Harnett for seemingly aging like a normal person.

What he's still much better looking than the average schlub lol

maybe not rich evans

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Mega64 posted:

Rewatching the second scavenger hunt BotW, they really should do another one of those and/or another Monique Gabrielle movie.

RLM.. after dark

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

MacheteZombie posted:

Movies with bad/low budget special effects can be good

Oh yeah? Name 50 examples.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
a little hot take that I've been cooking up is that I think movies with good/high budget special effects? they can be bad. Do not adjust your screen or blink your eyes yes I said bad

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

pangstrom posted:

a little hot take that I've been cooking up is that I think movies with good/high budget special effects? they can be bad. Do not adjust your screen or blink your eyes yes I said bad

Real heady stuff

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gripweed posted:

Oh yeah? Name 50 examples.

*links koji shiraishis filmography*

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

hey mod clown. tell them how i'm right about michelle yeoh kristen schaaling

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

horsey sauce

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Don't you mean horse-radish???

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

MacheteZombie posted:

*links koji shiraishis filmography*

Occult cost 60 million dollars. That final shot took 8 months to animate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

That DICK! posted:

hey mod clown. tell them how i'm right about michelle yeoh kristen schaaling

Lol I don't know about all that. It's a funny comparison tho