Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't recall them reciting specific information as if they're experts without there being implied time where they could look it up and bring it up on a hologram in the accent where they actually talk about it. They know as much about the last 900 years as TNG crew tend to know about Those Old Scientists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

RIP L'ok. Died as he lived. A massive dumbass.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
"I never asked for this"

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

When did Mol and Loc get captured? I've completely checked out of this season, I can barely pay attention anymore. Finding clues, literally just called clues, is so unimaginably dull, even if there have been some highlights along the way.

Also don't care what happens to Mol, she could have made a deal with the Federation at any time and she's hosed everyone for absolutely no good reason. "The Breen will destroy everything" "we'll be long gone by then" girl you could have been long gone at literally any time what the hell are you talking about.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cronenburgs real paper is going to be important so when they have all the clues they can write them down in their handy... Dandy... NOTEBOOK!

Then sit down in their thinking chair and think, think, think

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

When did Mol and Loc get captured?

Starfleet assigned tracing the warp pod to another ship while Discovery went to Halemno, and at the end of the last episode the other ship reported finding the pod

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Good job other ship

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Love the star fleet leather jacket security mooks with actual uniformed security just outside lmao

There's no ELEMENTS in that clue from all those planets? What the poo poo is it made of

I love that this is the most important mission in the entire federation and we have to beg one lieutenant to help the one ensign that's assigned to it

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Big green ship was cool though

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
So its 100% that they find the Progenitor tech and use it to resurrect Lok, who then takes control of the Breen as Breen Jesus and ushers in a new era of peace and cooperation with the Federation, right? Oh and it conveniently gets destroyed immediately after, or only has enough magic juice for a single use.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

swickles posted:

So its 100% that they find the Progenitor tech and use it to resurrect Lok, who then takes control of the Breen as Breen Jesus and ushers in a new era of peace and cooperation with the Federation, right? Oh and it conveniently gets destroyed immediately after, or only has enough magic juice for a single use.

P much yeah

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

swickles posted:

... And then everyone claps for Burnham and she gets a promotion.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

swickles posted:

So its 100% that

Sorry but this is the Micheal and Booker show.
Unless one of them is giving a tearful message to the big bad baddie that changes its mind, it won't happen.

But yeah, seems that that will happen

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 21:15 on May 9, 2024

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Michael might mutiny again to save the uberverse then run off with Book, Mol, And nuLok and form a coven

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
wild prediction: the finale involves Moll and the Breen guys bringing back L'ok but he comes back wrong Pet Semetary style

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Everyone resurrected by progenitor tech comes back as a progenitor, and the same one

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I think Michael is going to realize she still has residual red angel powers and blip around throughout the season setting everything right so they catch em from the start and have a peaceful resolution with the breen and form a new breen-fed alliance.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rubber Chicken posted:

Everyone resurrected by progenitor tech comes back as a progenitor, and the same one

Modern Star Trek: Pretending DS9 doesn't exist and getting Salome Jens back on TV are not mutually exclusive ideas.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Khanstant posted:

"I never asked for this"

He was especially Jenseny this episode.

Progenitor tech brings back the Klingons. And the Iconians.

I actually liked this episode. Book is very much inserting himself into stuff he’s not really suited for, but sure. Also the little holding cell right in the main Federation conference room made me chuckle.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Rubber Chicken posted:

Haha, Gary!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Seriously though I expect that at the end the progenitor device will fire off targeted at currently non-life-bearing worlds and Genesis device them and then ending will be them beholding the thousands of new worlds to explore right on their doorstep. (Even though the whole point of star trek is that there's always limitless new worlds to explore anyway)

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
I get that Moll is a villain/anti-hero this season, but the makeup department is really doing her a disservice. Every other character in this show is immaculate, but she's got somewhat frizzy hair and eye makeup/shadow-lighting that makes her look like she hasn't slept in 200 hours. They made her look like a crackhead.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Rubber Chicken posted:

There's no ELEMENTS in that clue from all those planets? What the poo poo is it made of

Not elements, alloys.

e. Specifically, alloys that aren't found naturally occurring and in quantity.

mllaneza fucked around with this message at 06:50 on May 10, 2024

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
First it's eliminate worlds with no alloys or minerals in common

Then

"the clue has no trace elements from Betazed"

I know it's just sloppy writing

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

delightful posted:

I get that Moll is a villain/anti-hero this season, but the makeup department is really doing her a disservice. Every other character in this show is immaculate, but she's got somewhat frizzy hair and eye makeup/shadow-lighting that makes her look like she hasn't slept in 200 hours. They made her look like a crackhead.

With all the dumb plans she has, she might as well be a crackhead.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Once Moll was like "I'll go" everybody else should have been like "whew that solves that" and high-fived

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
"I can help you get a great technology that will make your king of the breens"
"You can? She can?"
"Uhhh, yeah, she can sure, you can have her"
*Everyone leaves*
"Well, we got the diary from her and she doesn't know anything. So... Problem solved?"

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Not only should they have gleefully handed her over, but we should’ve never seen or heard about her character again for the rest of the season.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

delightful posted:

All I can see is the knockoff of the look of the woman in Blade Runner

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

MikeJF posted:

Seriously though I expect that at the end the progenitor device will fire off targeted at currently non-life-bearing worlds and Genesis device them and then ending will be them beholding the thousands of new worlds to explore right on their doorstep. (Even though the whole point of star trek is that there's always limitless new worlds to explore anyway)
Oh, The Expanse portal season ender, that led us to uhh... *counts on fingers* two planets to discover.

Drink-Mix Man posted:

All I can see is the knockoff of the look of the woman in Blade Runner
Yep, this.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

MikeJF posted:

Or that life doesn't always appear in the way that we would expect it to.

Or that the real journey of exploration is the boundaries of existence.

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

At least we know Discovery isn't going to be revealed as Riker's holodeck program in the finale. It's not horny enough.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Alchenar posted:

Or that the real journey of exploration is the boundaries of existence.

Like that one TNG episode where they were flung so far away from known space they ended up in a region where imagination became reality?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Cojawfee posted:

"I can help you get a great technology that will make your king of the breens"
"You can? She can?"
"Uhhh, yeah, she can sure, you can have her"
*Everyone leaves*
"Well, we got the diary from her and she doesn't know anything. So... Problem solved?"

She'll still show up at the next clue without any explanation

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

delightful posted:

It's easy to be a saint in paradise

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I haven't seen this show but they literally called the evil crime lady Moll? lol

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
It's a pseudonym she gave herself

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Actual Satan posted:

At least we know Discovery isn't going to be revealed as Riker's holodeck program in the finale. It's not horny enough.

The last scene is Captain Boimler's voice coming over the comms, asking Ensign Burnham to report the bridge.

Michael: Computer, end program.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

I think Moll looks hot but that probably says more about me than anything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
During one closeupshot, Moll was doing this weird continuous head shake/wobble thing and it was really distracting.