Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

she gave him the sword in the first place so its impossible to say if she's good or bad.

she's so good tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Rainbow in the Dark

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/YeWiseWizard

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Captainicus posted:

Rikyu when he needs to insult someone with tea: turns cracked bamboo vase towards guest
Date when he needs to insult someone with tea: I USED 5 TIMES AS MUCH POWDER, IDIOT, proceeds to fistfight

Maybe he has a better grasp of simplicity than seems obvious, looks pretty simple to me!

Simple and elegant vs simple but definitely not elegant. Young Date still has much to learn.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Hell yeah

SOUBOUTEI
MUST
BE
DESTROYED

Souboutei Must Be Destroyed: 60 (+1)

Kit Walker has a new favorite as of 02:58 on May 11, 2024

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

One Day Outing Foreman chapter 50: Messiah

Maigius posted:

Yanauchi is going to get in trouble for doing this isn't he.:(

Not if he continues to be as frugal as this. Also look it him, it'd be a brave manager to take on "Iron" Yanauchi for doing his job too well.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If he comes back the same time every year he's going to be their Persephone figure.

TAKE THAT LORE OLYMPUS

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Kit Walker posted:

Most fan service isn’t particularly gratuitous and is fine for that reason but frankly more authors need to be more equal opportunity about that kind of thing. More man rear end and hot shirtless dudes, tia. Tiger, Tiger is pretty good about that and I gotta respect it

This is why Dungeon Meshi is so popular.

Also, seconding the query over Lavender Jack's whereabouts.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate posted:

MS Paint Masterpieces
605: Value Of Life - Freeze Tag

#607: Value Of Life - Flash Krakoom

#608: Value Of Life - Stupid Old Man

MS Paint Masterpieces
#609: Value Of Life - Life's Work

#610: Value Of Life - Fweeee Pling

#612: Value Of Life - Maybe Victory

I like that the robot eyes are glow-in-the-dark, it's a nice little touch

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Tiger, Tiger

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Ooh those kidnappers are so asking for the doom that is coming to them.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

By popular demand posted:

Ooh those kidnappers are so asking for the doom that is coming to them.

I agree with this statement.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

By popular demand posted:

Ooh those kidnappers are so asking for the doom that is coming to them absolutely everyone.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I think that doom may need capitalising at this point.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
And a few extra O's in the middle there.

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
This has been published in English, but it's out of print, so it should be okay.

From 2010, so it predates For All Mankind by nearly a decade.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Color me intrigued, I also completely missed For All Mankind so I don't have anything particular to judge it against.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 79: The Rising Sun's Crybaby

Remember that Hideyoshi is particularly a devotee of Amaterasu, the sun goddess. Anyway, I thought I'd post this negotiation scene in one go - looks like it didn't go too well, huh?

The Dragon, the Hero and the Courier Episode 40: The Smoke, the Crystal and the Courier part 2

I wonder how many broom she goes through in a day?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Emzedoh posted:

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 79: The Rising Sun's Crybaby

Remember that Hideyoshi is particularly a devotee of Amaterasu, the sun goddess. Anyway, I thought I'd post this negotiation scene in one go - looks like it didn't go too well, huh?

The emissaries judging Hideyoshi by their own cultural norms is one of those things that's super frustrating and yet timeless. Even nowadays I'll hear people disparage other cultures for doing things differently and I want to shake every one of these people and shout at them, "the world doesn't revolve around you!"

Different Country Diary

Bonus end of chapter page:

Kit Walker has a new favorite as of 21:39 on May 9, 2024

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Kit Walker posted:

The emissaries judging Hideyoshi by their own cultural norms is one of those things that's super frustrating and yet timeless. Even nowadays I'll hear people disparage other cultures for doing things differently and I want to shake every one of these people and shout at them, "the world doesn't revolve around you!"

Different Country Diary

completely lost in the sauce :allears:

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

quick and easy let's go

this sets up for a mecha axolotl sequel that i'm not sure i am ready to tackle yet. have a good day or night!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Super cute!

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Kit Walker posted:

On the other hand, Hideyoshi also made a surprise opening offer of 'i'm totally gonna conquer half the world and this is your chance to agree to be my first crop of flunky armies' so this diplomatic exchange is something of a land of contrasts from all involved.
The baby was merely the final person in that room to poo poo themselves.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Yeah, what Drakyn said. This bird was never going to fly.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Have some more Blind Alley:

And that's the end of year 2. Picking up with year 3 tomorrow.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

7c Nickel posted:

The mangaka behind Dragon, Hero and Courier, Gregorius Yamada aka @Yamadieval, also made an authentic surcoat with the UNIQLO logo as a crest.

https://twitter.com/yamadieval/status/1523268394794897410

lmao

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Drakyn posted:

On the other hand, Hideyoshi also made a surprise opening offer of 'i'm totally gonna conquer half the world and this is your chance to agree to be my first crop of flunky armies' so this diplomatic exchange is something of a land of contrasts from all involved.
The baby was merely the final person in that room to poo poo themselves.

Yeah, the guys who live next door to China are not keen to sign up for Operation Attack China. The Chief Advisor is good at shuffling nobles around to lessen their power, but his plans for invading a nation ten times bigger than his own seems to consist of daydreaming about his sigil across a bunch of maps.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Tall Penguin

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate posted:

MS Paint Masterpieces
#609: Value Of Life - Life's Work

#610: Value Of Life - Fweeee Pling

#612: Value Of Life - Maybe Victory

I like that the robot eyes are glow-in-the-dark, it's a nice little touch

MS Paint Masterpieces
#613: Heavy Metal - Optimist Prime

#614: Heavy Metal - Weird Eyes

#615: Heavy Metal - Bomb Man Sucks

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Samovar posted:

This is why Dungeon Meshi is so popular.

Dungeon Meshi is incredibly good and the only reason I'm not posting it in this thread is because it's way too popular and the mod I checked in with said it could be an issue

Hahaha, gently caress yes

SOUBOUTEI
MUST
BE
DESTROYED

Time for some art shenanigans

Souboutei Must Be Destroyed: 61 (+1)

Kit Walker has a new favorite as of 02:59 on May 11, 2024

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

thank you, i'm having a lot of fun making them :)

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Russians on the Moon!

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Kit Walker posted:

Dungeon Meshi is incredibly good and the only reason I'm not posting it in this thread is because it's way too popular and the mod I checked in with said it could be an issue

It's also straight up available for sale in a fine translation which is the line, afaik, unrelated to popularity.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Osmosisch posted:

It's also straight up available for sale in a fine translation which is the line, afaik, unrelated to popularity.

Yeah that's the more important part, haha

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

I'm slightly doubtful the Mujahideen were using elephants against the Soviets in Afghanistan but ah well.

Oh poo poo, I went looking for this when I started posting Dragon/Hero/Courier and couldn't find it - thanks!

One Day Outing Foreman chapter 50: Messiah

A happy ending! For now!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

SimonChris posted:

Russians on the Moon!

This looks super interesting, but I'm finding the text really difficult to read. Anyone else getting that problem?

7c Nickel posted:

The mangaka behind Dragon, Hero and Courier, Gregorius Yamada aka @Yamadieval, also made an authentic surcoat with the UNIQLO logo as a crest.

I can't read the name GREGORIUS YAMADA without smiling.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tree Bucket posted:

This looks super interesting, but I'm finding the text really difficult to read. Anyone else getting that problem?

I'm afraid the problem is with the source and not some kind of compression I could try to fix. I am trying to find a higher-res version, but no luck so far. I thought it was sufficiently legible to be worth posting.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Tree Bucket posted:

Yeah, I'm having to squint a bit. So it goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

詹一猫 at http://mcmeao.com

Lately I've Been Thinking A Lot About Death