Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: loquacius)

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Its a stutter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Nichael posted:

price of a banana

There's always votes in the banana stand ;)

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

silicone thrills posted:

Even if it were the single issue of genocide - ITS A REALLY BIG IMPORTANT AND KEY ISSUE AND NO ONE SHOULD loving SUPPORT GENOCIDE!

But its also like, he's a racist. Hes a rapist. He hates migrants. He loves war. He loves destroying the environment. He's loving senile. He was a key creator of the student loan situation and has done nothing to fix it. You still can't declare bankruptcy on student loans. He's against universal healthcare. He's just watching as millions of people in america are priced out of housing. He's anti abortion.

I could go on.

Edit: He's a key reason why the USPS is struggling and refuses to replace the people who are running it into the ground like a lovely business.

TRUMP 👏WOULD👏BE👏WORSE👏

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

Lol biden gonna be left off the Ohio ballot. Incredible. Democrat needs to be careful they don't intentionally throw this election too hard, there's a genuine risk they blow the entire fundraising game if it becomes so apparent even the rubes can't keep the faith.

He'd lose OH anyway but it's gonna gently caress with sherrod brown & likely the balance of the senate.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

KaptainKrunk posted:

biden will lose arizona, georgia, and nevada and probably therefore the election. the 269-269 outcome must happenb

biden could still win if he sweeps PA, WI & MI tho, I think.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

KaptainKrunk posted:

biden will lose arizona, georgia, and nevada and probably therefore the election. the 269-269 outcome must happenb
in theory, this could result in donald trump as president with kamala as vice president

lmao

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Willa Rogers posted:

He'd lose OH anyway but it's gonna gently caress with sherrod brown & likely the balance of the senate.

Democrats purposely losing the senate so they can't do anything? :allears:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

comedyblissoption posted:

in theory, this could result in donald trump as president with kamala as vice president

lmao

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

Democrats purposely losing the senate so they can't do anything? :allears:

I'd swear I remember obama saying in 2010 that it wouldn't be the end of the world if the gop captured congress that year but I was never able to find the quote so maybe I dreamt it.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

most important vote of our votetimes

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/mdubowitz/status/1788391720784121968
https://twitter.com/juliaioffe/status/1788652513715011720

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The Oldest Man posted:

most important vote of our votetimes

right after january 6th lmao

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

How many people are replying with the Richard Spencer pic

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

fuckin lmao

Orbis Tertius
Feb 13, 2007

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Can I just vote for the worm?

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

Eliza:
Thank you for all your service.

Hamilton:
Well if takes fighting a war for us to meet, it will have well been worth it.

Angelica:
I'll leave you to it
I know my sister like I know my own mind
You will never find anyone as trusting or as kind.
If I tell her that I love him, she'd be silently resigned,
He'd be mine.
She would say I'm fine.
She'd be lying.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

how long does it take for this loving guy to get assassinate by burr? literally been months of this.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nichael posted:

how long does it take for this loving guy to get assassinate by burr? literally been months of this.

It's important we know how much women wanted to gently caress Lin Manuel MirandaHamilton. That is core to his story and, dare I say, the history of our nation.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
did Hamilton even have a message that made it particularly suited for being anti-Trump, or was it just a coincidence of timing that it became a liberal rallying point

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Presidential cummies

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

gradenko_2000 posted:

did Hamilton even have a message that made it particularly suited for being anti-Trump, or was it just a coincidence of timing that it became a liberal rallying point

“Those then, who resist a confirmation of public order, are the true Artificers of monarchy—not that this is the intention of the generality of them. Yet it would not be difficult to lay the finger upon some of their party who may justly be suspected. When a man unprincipled in private life desperate in his fortune, bold in his temper, possessed of considerable talents, having the advantage of military habits—despotic in his ordinary demeanour—known to have scoffed in private at the principles of liberty—when such a man is seen to mount the hobby horse of popularity—to join in the cry of danger to liberty—to take every opportunity of embarrassing the General Government & bringing it under suspicion—to flatter and fall in with all the non sense of the zealots of the day—It may justly be suspected that his object is to throw things into confusion that he may “ride the storm and direct the whirlwind.”

“Of those men who have overturned the liberties of republics the greatest number have begun their career, by paying an obsequious court to the people; commencing Demagogues, and ending Tyrants.”
― Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers

Being popular is bad

“When occasions present themselves in which the interests of the people are at variance with their inclinations, it is the duty of the persons whom they have appointed to be the guardians of those interests to withstand the temporary delusion in order to give them time and opportunity for more cool and sedate reflection. Instances might be cited in which a conduct of this kind has saved the people from very fatal consequences of their own mistakes, and has procured lasting monuments of their gratitude to the men who had courage and magnanimity enough to serve them at the peril of their displeasure.”

Democracy is bad

“A strong body makes the mind strong... I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind.”

TFR is good.

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

I think it was sort of lightning in a bottle. The liberal love of America and it’s accomplished founding fathers, and the rags-to-riches story of the most meritorious , tragic, and sexy founder of them all combined with the excitement of the electric moment of the appearance of most qualified candidate in American herstory.

It showed that the true patriots, those who love their country’s the most, and who are closest to the founders are the liberals, and the boorish Republican lies of them hating freedom and America could be forever put to rest.

Daringly, these revolutionary American figures were portrayed by a stellar multiethnic cast, opening up American history and belonging to all, in a stunning rebuke of Xenophobia and racism.

Add all that up to some of the best drat lyrics and beats you have ever heard in your life? You have got yourselves a certified timeless sensation with a record-breaking 16 Tony nominations and 11 wins, not to mention taking home the Pulitzer Prize for Drama.

Shockingly, It is just as good now as it was then, and if anything even more relevant.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

bedpan posted:

I thought we were supposed to vote for someone based on their policies?

No, you're supposed to vote based on the letter in parentheses that comes after their name.

But also that's why the libs keep doing the RedMAGA thing of trying to gaslight everyone into thinking Biden has done all of these good things that he hasn't.

RedMAGA: "Trump built the wall and drained the swamp!"

BlueMAGA: "Biden relieved student loan debts and ISN'T actively supporting a genocide!"

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Nichael posted:

When the thread got restarted, so did the lyrics.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
can we just skip to burr blasting him away

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Hamilton is like history

It rhymes

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Burr shooting rope all over Hamilton. Huge blasts.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

the_steve posted:

No, you're supposed to vote based on the letter in parentheses that comes after their name.

But also that's why the libs keep doing the RedMAGA thing of trying to gaslight everyone into thinking Biden has done all of these good things that he hasn't.

RedMAGA: "Trump built the wall and drained the swamp!"

BlueMAGA: "Biden relieved student loan debts and ISN'T actively supporting a genocide!"

Biden built Trump's wall for him

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Joe Biden is like the trump who gets things done

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://x.com/AOC/status/1788589645413937402

Part of me has to admire her canny in securing her spot, still a snake but impressive

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
gonna be a bit awkward when israel crosses the red line and biden does jack poo poo about it though

or at least it would be if shitlibs had the capability to form actual memories

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
They'll just say it was his stutter and he was really talking about the bread line for israle.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Honest Thief posted:

https://x.com/AOC/status/1788589645413937402

Part of me has to admire her canny in securing her spot, still a snake but impressive

let's vote in progressives to drag the party lef-
oh my they were immediately co-opted

who could have imagined

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

gonna be a bit awkward when israel crosses the red line and biden does jack poo poo about it though

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

they're already arguing technicalities after israel bombing rafah, it's so fuckin bad

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/mattyglesias/status/1788888664849752325

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Lin-Manuel Turtle posted:

“Those then, who resist a confirmation of public order, are the true Artificers of monarchy—not that this is the intention of the generality of them. Yet it would not be difficult to lay the finger upon some of their party who may justly be suspected. When a man unprincipled in private life desperate in his fortune, bold in his temper, possessed of considerable talents, having the advantage of military habits—despotic in his ordinary demeanour—known to have scoffed in private at the principles of liberty—when such a man is seen to mount the hobby horse of popularity—to join in the cry of danger to liberty—to take every opportunity of embarrassing the General Government & bringing it under suspicion—to flatter and fall in with all the non sense of the zealots of the day—It may justly be suspected that his object is to throw things into confusion that he may “ride the storm and direct the whirlwind.”

“Of those men who have overturned the liberties of republics the greatest number have begun their career, by paying an obsequious court to the people; commencing Demagogues, and ending Tyrants.”
― Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers

Being popular is bad

“When occasions present themselves in which the interests of the people are at variance with their inclinations, it is the duty of the persons whom they have appointed to be the guardians of those interests to withstand the temporary delusion in order to give them time and opportunity for more cool and sedate reflection. Instances might be cited in which a conduct of this kind has saved the people from very fatal consequences of their own mistakes, and has procured lasting monuments of their gratitude to the men who had courage and magnanimity enough to serve them at the peril of their displeasure.”

Democracy is bad

“A strong body makes the mind strong... I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind.”

TFR is good.

Hamilton sucked so much, but what's interesting about him is how he sucks in a way that's not easily analogous to the politics of today, which is what makes the Founders interesting to me, how alien they are to our present mode. Which is a big part of why the musical fails, is finding a thoroughfare where there is none. That John Adams miniseries may have tried too hard to show the Founders as prescient, but at least it accepted them as experimenters in a stew of Greco-Roman theorycrafting instead of parties you have to "root" for. The musical goes the route of Last Jedi, thinking Star Wars politics are domestic analogies when they were historical internationalist ones. 21st Century liberalism can't help but shrink the scale.