Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Hasturtium posted:

I know I’m getting old and my flame is dimming, but people could just ignore these things…? And then they’d go away.

But then how would I share them to juice my own engagement :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
yeah, this engagement bait stuff gets translated into algorithm points which then in turn get used to do political disinformation or scams or whatever

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Data Graham posted:

Seemed too opaque, more like hollandaise or something.

Nah, it is clarified butter. I've checked some other videos and they are unmistakably Eastern European. In Russian clarified butter is "топленое масло", which can be easily mistranslated as 'melted butter'.

E: and I suppose the fact that it's Eastern European gives some credence to the hypothesis that in a couple of months the channel will start posting recipes for stop the steal cutlets. However, the channel started posting videos in 2020 and so far they are all just nightmarish/fake food with no politics.

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 16:11 on May 7, 2024

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://i.imgur.com/tcC9Tdd.mp4

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
brought to you by the same people that tried to claim people were eating bbq'd ice, and cooking everything with river rocks.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
they got stunt for-the-douyin food in the prc too

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Rubber Chicken posted:

That seems entirely unnecessary

I understand the pain of surprise ingredients that weren't on the menu ruining a dish, but a surprise pork chop?

No cheese, no tomatoes. That's very easy without a dang full page letter

Eh, you'd think so, but I can't count the number of times I've gotten raw tomatoes on something when I've asked for none (mild intolerance). A buddy of mine is severely lactose intolerant and has to be exceptionally careful, explaining that no, he can't even have clarified butter. When we eat out, it's mostly at Chinese/Korean/Thai restaurants where dairy is simply never used in the first place.

At least for me, raw tomatoes are usually easy to pull off.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I didn't even think raw tomato intolerance is a thing but yeah, sucks to get any type of raw salad or sandwich.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Yeah, if I'm ordering out, I can't get literally anything that has whole tomato or onion on it, because it's a coin flip at best whether they'll honor the removal. I threw that coin last weekend and lost, in fact.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Freaquency posted:

But then how would I share them to juice my own engagement :confused:

I’m past the point of hoping people will want better or fight against stupid on principle. Most of the internet’s worth ignoring in 2024.

Seconding difficult ingredient woes - my wife is allergic to coconut. poo poo is everywhere, especially in vegetarian/vegan options.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Hasturtium posted:

I’m past the point of hoping people will want better or fight against stupid on principle. Most of the internet’s worth ignoring in 2024.

Seconding difficult ingredient woes - my wife is allergic to coconut. poo poo is everywhere, especially in vegetarian/vegan options.

A buddy's wife is allergic to xantham gum. It doesn't affect them cooking from scratch, but holy hell does it make grocery shopping for anything more than raw ingredients a challenge. It's amazing how many sauces and prepared foods have that stuff added.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Shooting Blanks posted:

A buddy's wife is allergic to xantham gum. It doesn't affect them cooking from scratch, but holy hell does it make grocery shopping for anything more than raw ingredients a challenge. It's amazing how many sauces and prepared foods have that stuff added.

:stonk:

Ya, that one is rough.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
https://twitter.com/mualphaxi/status/1787658007028924754

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

:chloe:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/TaranzasWig/status/1787870553904210365?t=BAiOXH6qPDmVuU4IJxbmDQ&s=19

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

GUESS THE DISH

Omelette

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Cat food.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

.........................how?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

3D Megadoodoo posted:

GUESS THE DISH

Omelette

What. How. Why.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Samovar posted:

What. How. Why.

IDK. It was posted by an 18-year-old on Facebook with the caption: "I made an omelette." I think they acknowledged it could have gone better.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

3D Megadoodoo posted:

GUESS THE DISH

Omelette

That's just a bowl of ärtsoppa med fläsk.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

axolotl farmer posted:

That's just a bowl of ärtsoppa med fläsk.

That's exactly what I thought - split pea and ham soup

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

IDK. It was posted by an 18-year-old on Facebook with the caption: "I made an omelette." I think they acknowledged it could have gone better.

They got the "things mixed in ---eggs---" part but not the "cook the loving thing" part.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Mmmm, delicious egg tartare

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

GUESS THE DISH

Omelette

The venn diagram between best finnish food and the horrible food thread is a circle.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It was a different time...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OF7_Qpphmk

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Okay those croc heads at 00:32 are legit.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

By popular demand posted:

Okay those croc heads at 00:32 are legit.

:lmao: yes.

That whole thing is incredible, it feels like such a perfect modern parody of dated food videos that I had to double check the channel to make sure it was real.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4IGB_-pELY

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I remember that fucko being on a video with that Ashens goober and some lady, and both of the men would just constantly start talking over her whenever she tried to say something. Anyway he's also deeply uncharismatic so he can gently caress off.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I remember that fucko being on a video with that Ashens goober and some lady, and both of the men would just constantly start talking over her whenever she tried to say something. Anyway he's also deeply uncharismatic so he can gently caress off.

He can't help it, he's British

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

He can't help it, he's British

What the gently caress that's terrible. But he deserves it tho.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

This is making me nervous in ways I cannot quite elaborate on.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
that shrimp wants to gently caress

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

3D Megadoodoo posted:

What the gently caress that's terrible. But he deserves it tho.

And that ashen guy is now British AND bald. God's justice catches up with all

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

Regular Wario posted:

that shrimp wants to gently caress

Wonderful ways with shrimp

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
who took my shrimp
who found my shrimp

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I think he looks quite dapper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
The store had some Mettwurst and Landwurst with extra mouth on sale.

Quite overpriced, though so I didn't buy any.