Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"Let me get this straight. You learned how to create monsters..."
"From the twin children who live in my head, yes."
"Your imaginary friends..."
"Oh, oh no. They're not friends. They constantly berate me and insult me and tell me how much I suck."
"Are you going for an insanity plea?"
"What? No! The children are real! Just like the big-nosed deep-voiced man who tells me secrets!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

"Let me get this straight. You learned how to create monsters..."
"From the twin children who live in my head, yes."
"Your imaginary friends..."
"Oh, oh no. They're not friends. They constantly berate me and insult me and tell me how much I suck."
"Are you going for an insanity plea?"
"What? No! The children are real! Just like the big-nosed deep-voiced man who tells me secrets!"

Sae: I'm not your lawyer but please, for your own sake, shut the gently caress up about your imaginary child friends.:stare:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I like to think that if you date Makoto the interrogation gets real awkward real fast as Sae tries to just push past it

Hoffadoff
Sep 27, 2008

I Wanna Rock Your Body
(till the break of dawn)
I had never played any variation of p3 before but I just finished p3r and Holy gently caress. What the gently caress was that. I mean after everyone was shooting themselves in the head to use a persona I assumed this game was gonna be a lot darker than 4 or 5 but god drat.

Hoffadoff fucked around with this message at 08:32 on May 10, 2024

Through The Decade
Mar 3, 2010

BANANA?!?!?

Hoffadoff posted:

I had never played any variation of p3 before but I just finished p3r and Holy gently caress. What the gently caress was that. I mean after everyone was shooting themselves in the head to use a persona I assumed this game was gonna be a lot darker than 4 or 5 but god drat.

I rolled credits on it last night and yeah, final scene is pretty shocking. I’ve beaten P5R and some of the beats are pretty similar so I thought I knew how everything was going to go, and then the curtain closed.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

If the creators had known how big the series would get, surviving even the publisher's bankruptcy, I wonder if the ending might have been happier. It's in keeping with the tone of the mother franchise, while the sequels offer much happer endings for their heroes. It also makes spinoffs easier.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Since we were just talking about the P5 framing device, I was wondering. Does it ever specify who's actually putting in the reports that Joker does sweet flips and knows how to toy gun really well? Is it Akechi or something? Who else could have even seen Joker doing all that stuff in the metaverse? I guess that'd make sense right, especially with the extra scenes added for Royale?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Weird Pumpkin posted:

Since we were just talking about the P5 framing device, I was wondering. Does it ever specify who's actually putting in the reports that Joker does sweet flips and knows how to toy gun really well? Is it Akechi or something? Who else could have even seen Joker doing all that stuff in the metaverse? I guess that'd make sense right, especially with the extra scenes added for Royale?

He is seen by a bunch of people doing sweet flips when arrested at least

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That Midori leaker is reporting Sega wants Persona and Like a Dragon to be yearly franchises, including spinoffs, lmao

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Well, Like a Dragon has been pretty close to that for a while. Ishin was 2014, Y0 was 2015, Y6 was 2016, Kiwami 2 was 2017, Judgment in 2018, two remasters in 2019, Y7 was 2020, Lost Judgment 2021, then both the Ishin remake and Gaiden in 2023 (so not quite annual but close), and IW in 2024.

Now, Persona on the other hand…

Harrow fucked around with this message at 14:21 on May 10, 2024

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arist posted:

That Midori leaker is reporting Sega wants Persona and Like a Dragon to be yearly franchises, including spinoffs, lmao

That is pretty close to what they already are if you count ports/remakes

2021/2022 was the only recent non Persona years and that is more on Covid

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Arist posted:

if we're going to be going hard on spin offs with the series, give me another fighting game!!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Weird Pumpkin posted:

if we're going to be going hard on spin offs with the series, give me another fighting game!!

frankly, this

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
I would love another Persona Arena, I actually would really like to see the Persona 4 cast come back a few years older like the P3 cast.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Another fighting game would be cool yeah. I could imagine some P5 characters being fun fighting game characters, too. I'd have to main my boy Yusuke

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
Yusuke would totally have a move set modeled after Jin Kisaragi.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Imagining a college-aged Nanako showing up with a Persona

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Id take a Persona Q3 since Etrian Odyssey is dormant though id rather see yearly SMT spinoffs like a new Devil Survivor

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Inspector Gesicht posted:

If the creators had known how big the series would get, surviving even the publisher's bankruptcy, I wonder if the ending might have been happier. It's in keeping with the tone of the mother franchise, while the sequels offer much happer endings for their heroes. It also makes spinoffs easier.

Nah, I think it's a good ending for a game whose entire theme is accepting death.

And it's not like they haven't gone on to eventually make spinoffs with Makoto anyway with PQ and Dancing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think Persona 3 was going to end the way it does always. To their credit they've passed up multiple chances to undo it. The Answer poo poo is the close enough and even that is just more of a save yourself from hell thing

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The closest they've actually come is probably Elizabeth's story in Persona 4 Arena where she says she's on a journey to see if she can free MC from their fate (without y'know dooming the world in the process).

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I guess The Answer Reload could still undo it and the protagonist comes back to life and marries Aigis and they have a bunch of half-robot kids but it seems unlikely.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Weird Pumpkin posted:

I'm pretty sure the official answer is that they didn't really think about the fact that no one ever witnessed the Phantom Thieves in action until a couple minutes before Joker was arrested, which means that the canon answer is that Akechi is the only one who could possibly have written them. There is a more boring case that Sae is barging in with a bunch of notes hastily written by the arresting officers, but it doesn't work because Royal adds a reference to the grappling hook in Kasumi's confidant, and none of the cops ever saw Joker use it.

Harrow posted:

Angry hockey Nanako is canon as far as I'm concerned.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
Is there a science to fusion in 3R? I just kind of do it to get low level personas out, raise the level up, and try to have a variety of elementals with some buffs or debuffs. Should I prioritize the one or the other or the passives? Should I do it to min/max friendship points?

I felt like I never knew what I was doing or why with SMT IV, either.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Harrow posted:

I think you mean the Magical Detective Love Line!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0cdhLtYjgY

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Chump Farts posted:

Is there a science to fusion in 3R? I just kind of do it to get low level personas out, raise the level up, and try to have a variety of elementals with some buffs or debuffs. Should I prioritize the one or the other or the passives? Should I do it to min/max friendship points?

I felt like I never knew what I was doing or why with SMT IV, either.

You want to fuse persona of the social links you are doing as you can bonus exp from doing it and can rank the links up faster with them in your party. Outside of that just try to build ones that fit well together and don't worry about it too much.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Guess we're finally gonna see P1/P2 characters in the spinoff titles.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Let's think positive :pray:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I want the return of the one character I would most identify with in the current age: a 45 year old chainsmoking, "Through The Looking Glass" a dozen times over Maki/Mary from Persona 1 and she's kicking rear end

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

Harrow posted:

I would be totally down with Nanjo and Makoto being Bike Pals.

Mitsuru can come too I guess

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Nephrite posted:

I would be totally down with Nanjo and Makoto being Bike Pals.

Mitsuru can come too I guess

I didn't know I wanted a Persona racing game until now

Obviously we gotta throw in the Mona Bus

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Makoto on Johanna, the P4 cast on their scooters, you've got a basic 8-character race game going.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Harrow posted:

it would be sick to get remakes/remaster of 1-2

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

anakha posted:

Makoto on Johanna, the P4 cast on their scooters, you've got a basic 8-character race game going.

Jose in his egg kart...yeah, legitimately how have they not made this spinoff yet? You're leaving a fortune on the table, Atlus!

e: Aigis could sprout wheels, Koromaru could probably just run really fast...

Majorian fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 11, 2024

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

anakha posted:

Mara or bust

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Cloacamazing! posted:

Mara or bust

Mara's an item you can use that works like the Bullet Bill in Mario Kart. Your character hops on the dick chariot and just charges through the competition for a while, sending them flying every which way

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

Cloacamazing! posted:

Mara or bust

Only if it's censored Mara.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Nephrite posted:

Only if it's censored Mara.

this makes it more obscene somehow

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Majorian posted:

Jose in his egg kart...yeah, legitimately how have they not made this spinoff yet? You're leaving a fortune on the table, Atlus!

e: Aigis could sprout wheels, Koromaru could probably just run really fast...

Honestly I think it's because for (non-collab) content, they actually put a lot of work into any Persona-related game. Like even the lazy cash-grabs of the dancing games had considerable amount of work put into them.

A racing game would be 'easy money' but they'd still chunk a lot of work into it with custom remixed tracks, somehow add Persona abilities as power-ups, put Carolne and Justine in a clown car...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

Honestly I think it's because for (non-collab) content, they actually put a lot of work into any Persona-related game. Like even the lazy cash-grabs of the dancing games had considerable amount of work put into them.

A racing game would be 'easy money' but they'd still chunk a lot of work into it with custom remixed tracks, somehow add Persona abilities as power-ups, put Carolne and Justine in a clown car...

lol, Maruki in his shitbox taxi, but powered by Azathoth.