Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Yeah the whole comment on people figuring this out confuses me because figure what out. I don't understand this page at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I’m sure this will make sense eventually but for now it’s just Things Happening.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Glagha posted:

Yeah the whole comment on people figuring this out confuses me because figure what out. I don't understand this page at all

People didn't only just figure it out, there are apparently people in the comics discord who can pull up quotes of themselves calling this actual years ago. Incredible levels of lore mastery.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
The person riding that lion looks like Tirna? But yeah, I also don't know what there is to figure out here: that Sette would pull a lion cub out of her chest and then be greeted by an really rad looking spirit lion ridden by a goddess?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I’m also not sure what going on with dark sette but I like how she’s spoiling the moment somewhat by stepping on the lion’s face. “sis, do you loving mind”

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I don't think that's dark sette. based on the way he's talking, I think that's Murkoph.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
all panels on the trio focus on their identical bright green eyes so I really doubt it

that one line is only about 75% as flowery as murk’s average anyway

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I'm assuming the little gremlin there is Sette's sacrificed twin brother?
And they both have lion spirits attached to them in some way, which is presumably how Sette is the way she is.

Actually looking at it, the bigger lion isn't attached to the boy. I think Sette and the lion spirit might both have had sacrificed twins to manufacture this.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Ahhh that makes more sense. I don't know how anyone would see this coming though??

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

GunnerJ posted:

The person riding that lion looks like Tirna? But yeah, I also don't know what there is to figure out here: that Sette would pull a lion cub out of her chest and then be greeted by an really rad looking spirit lion ridden by a goddess?

I'm assuming it's the "Sette == Tirna" theory that's been floating for a while prior this arc.

- Sette is a Younger Twin.
- Gefendur faith describes the Youngest Sister Tirna as a reckless, imperfect goddess, far more human-like than her celestial siblings.
- Myth also states that she's been banished to the mortal realm, sometimes possessing twins, granting them the gift of prophecy.

As more and more of Sette's strange Khert/ghost powers have been revealed, and with tittybird's plan seemingly being to gain a new mortal body, the idea that Sette is some kind of incarnated deity herself has gained some pretty good legs to stand on. And now Sette is face-to-face with a bizarre Khert creature that looks both like Tirna and herself, in a place where time has no meaning thus the past can mingle with the future.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Glagha posted:

To be clear I'm totally in the "I don't know wtf is going on" group.

Like:

Flavahbeast posted:

thats exactly what I expected would happen

Twenty Four posted:

*nervous laugh* heh, me too...

100% "uh, wtf?" jokes at least on my end

Twenty Four posted:

This is probably one of those times that reading a chapter at a time in a big chunk would work much better, but like hell I'm going to put it down and wait right now.

I fear all this might be too big a set up to end satisfyingly. Maybe the most nervous I have been about where the story goes to date.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
The lion has shown up in a few places in the comic before. It has looked like it has a tail in most of them, but the reveal here is that it never has; the tail belongs to this other Sette who has been riding it. You also have this:

You can see a lion and a Sette off in the distance, but the lion's butt is obscured by a lens flare (okay, luminous mist) so it's not clear that it doesn't have a tail. Presumably we were meant to think the person walking next to him was Sette Prime, but actually it's this other Sette that's just now shown up.

That's really about it in terms of what we know for sure. The idea of additional Settes existing has come up a few times (Minnow, for instance, mentioned knowing Sette but not this particular Sette). We just don't know why or how.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Squishes can come in the form of a happy little whale! :3:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

isndl posted:

Squishes can come in the form of a happy little whale! :3:

who helped out

anyway I feel like this is *almost* making sense, time to see what Jacaranda presumably says next week

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
"Ship-Builders"??

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

GunnerJ posted:

"Ship-Builders"??

The place sette came from seems pretty coastal. I imagine they have a robust ship building industry

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
could also refer to humans/the corporeal. the ocean is anathema to the khert so “ship-builder” would be an exclusionary term

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Ashley, on Patreon posted:

"Shipbuilder" is a very, very old-fashioned thing to call a Sharteshanian. Even Sette doesn't know what the turd means by it. Sharteshane was founded by seafaring raiders and they still have a strong maritime culture.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Jacaranda is such a sweetie but I wonder what he did to get punished with two Sette even while dead

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
took his shoes, and socks, off on the airplane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
lion jesus and his two sisters, crumbum and shithead