Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

41) dragon ball z budokai 3 (ps2, cleared dragon universe mode with all default characters)

this is the only one of these that doesn't suck. i still don't think it's particularly incredible but you can play this and have a fine time, it controls well enough, looks good for the time, and you get to do a bunch of stupid dbz crap rather than it just feeling like a really stilted normal fighting game with goku in it. the story mode is completely schizophrenic it jumps around and omits/doesn't omit/makes up things in insane ways and is full of optional dialogue scenes that are mostly incomprehensible, it does not feel crafted by humans and it kinda owns for that lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Genesis) -- Not much to say, just more Sonic.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
14. Assassin's Creed 3 for the Playstation 3 (85% Synchronization)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Mamkute posted:

Can't blame ya for not being into the flag collecting

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Mamkute posted:

Thank god you're here.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

absolutely anything posted:

41) dragon ball z budokai 3 (ps2, cleared dragon universe mode with all default characters)

this is the only one of these that doesn't suck. i still don't think it's particularly incredible but you can play this and have a fine time, it controls well enough, looks good for the time, and you get to do a bunch of stupid dbz crap rather than it just feeling like a really stilted normal fighting game with goku in it. the story mode is completely schizophrenic it jumps around and omits/doesn't omit/makes up things in insane ways and is full of optional dialogue scenes that are mostly incomprehensible, it does not feel crafted by humans and it kinda owns for that lol

3 ruled and was a big step up

are you gonna play the tenkaichi games?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Budokai 1 and 2 were how I learned the story of Dragonball Z.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Farming Mr Popo feels…

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Try that in the stuffies aisle.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

You sick son of a bitch.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

"Never watched Toonami. I'd rather devour ancient literary texts and tomes." gently caress you dude.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

You sick son of a bitch.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

"Never watched Toonami. I'd rather devour ancient literary texts and tomes." gently caress you dude.

Lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Whenever I got home it was always Yu Yu Hakusho and Full Metal Alchemist that was on so I avoided it like the plague. I thought those things were too whack because the only people I knew who liked them were, and I was mistaken at the time of course, but weirdos.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i liked fullmetal alchemist back in the aughts, lol. in college in an "evil characters" d&d campaign, i played the hosed up dad.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

i liked fullmetal alchemist back in the aughts, lol. in college in an "evil characters" d&d campaign, i played the hosed up dad.

Now you play one in real life :D

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kongming posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kongming posted:

lol

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Kongming posted:

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Kongming posted:

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

you either die a (whatever their mom's name was) or you live long enough to become a Hohenheim.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

extremebuff posted:

3 ruled and was a big step up

are you gonna play the tenkaichi games?

not any time soon but i wanna eventually yeah

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

steamworld dig 2, 100%

awesome

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
1) Hogwarts Legacy
2) Aliens: Fireteam Elite
3) Styx: Master of Shadows
4) Starfield
5) Battlefield Hardline
6) Styx: Shards of Darkness
7) Metro 2033
8) Intravenous 2: Mercenarism
9) Metro: Last Light
10) The Bunker
11) Who Pressed Mute on Uncle Marcus?
12) She Sees Red
13) Metro Exodus
14) The Gallery
15) Blade Runner
16) The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker
17) The Isle Tide Hotel
18) LEGO The Incredibles

Finished it, in coop with my partner. Definitely the weakest Lego game I've played so far, tbh. We could NOT be bothered 100%ing all the random side activities, despite planning to do so originally. Hopefully the next one we play will be back to being good like PotC

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Animal Well

Cool little metroidvania, without much combat. You play as a little bouncy ball and get four macguffins and then end the game. The plot is, if you couldn't tell, a little sparse. What makes it neat is that none of the upgrades are standard metroidvania fare- there's no double jump for instance. The game has great aesthetics and music, though I found the music during the final boss a little grating. Apparently the game had an ARG that I will be looking up the solution for post-haste. I also got roughly 1/4 of the secret eggs, so there's way more left for me to do.

Probably a bit expensive for what it is. If you can get it for 25% off then do so.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Finished Final Fantasy X for the first time last night. Great game, the combat system was fun and I loved that you can freely swap out party members without spending a turn so your whole team can participate in battles--a character like Rikku never would have been in my party in an RPG without that feature because I'd rather have someone who could hit harder or tank more damage, but in this one you can just swap her in when you need something stolen or bribed etc and then back out with a damage-dealer after, for example, so no one really ends up as a bench-warmer (except Kimahri). The sphere grid was pretty cool too, part of me kind of missed traditional level-ups and getting a bunch of stats and skills when you get one, but moments where you move to a node that lets you unlock a bunch of stuff at once or jump over to another character's grid are really great. Neat story and I liked the characters a lot. The world especially is really cool, I liked the whole South Pacific-inspired setting and would love to see more games do that. The stuff I've heard about X-2 isn't great but I'll probably at least give it a shot shortly and keep an open mind until I see it for myself.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

X-2 pwns and you've been lied to about it your entire life.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You play as an all-girl rock band with magic clothes bro.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

In Training posted:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

Woah…

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Any further nonsense flung at X-2 will be dealt with swiftly and accordingly.

- FaZe Winston

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Also the main villain is sssssssmokin.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

You play as an all-girl rock band with magic clothes bro.

☝️

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Me & The Boys when we pop in Final Fantasy X-2.