Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
The Amazon show did it's job I guess BC a bunch of workmates have been wondering if we should give this a second chance after launch and we already have a group chat set up

Any good advice for someone who would rather cut his dick off and feed it to a dog than pay money for a Bethesda MMO?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

My main aim is to kill or become mothman I think

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah you should probably just not play FO76 if you feel that strongly about it. If you're still being coerced into it despite preferring to literally cut your own dick off you can get it from Amazon for free right now if you have Prime or it's also playable on Gamepass.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Any good advice for someone who would rather cut his dick off and feed it to a dog than pay money for a Bethesda MMO?

it's included with gamepass right now if you're in on that.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

It's on PSN too, they clearly want people to play it, I more mean is there any serious real world money sinks in the game to be weary off

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

It's on PSN too, they clearly want people to play it, I more mean is there any serious real world money sinks in the game to be weary off

No, just about everything in the shop is cosmetic. The new content like the new Atlantic City stuff is all included in the base game. There are some additional niceities locked behind the subscription service and there are things like extra loadout slots that you can buy in the shop but none of it is required. Imo it's quite fair and easy to ignore.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

I have been playing a buncha this since it was free and I haven’t felt like I needed to pay money for anything. Also the game gives you free MTX currency for doing stuff. Mine’s piling up bc I haven’t been like oh drat I need X. It’s surprisingly chill in that regard.

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
You also get a few thousand atoms from regular play/achievements and from seasons to buy basic QOL stuff if you wish.

E: ^what they said

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Communist collectron is great for quotes like these:

"This camp's dialectical materialism rating is insufficient. Filing report. You must work harder, comrade."
and:
"This land is filled with the filth of the bourgeoisie. It must be cleansed."

There are a lot of atom shop things that give you some resources, but really it is just a minor convenience and most of the 'best' camp stuff is purchased with gold bullion (earned in game currency). Loadout slots are handy if you like to switch around a lot, but switching manually really isn't THAT bad. I'm a hoarder who can't help loot every typewriter and desk fan I see so fallout 1st is pretty important for me.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is that because of the material shredder? I have first and use that quite a bit but I figured without 1st it's really just one extra step in the process of scrap all junk at a workstation > deposit into stash instead of "scrap junk and deposit" from the shredder thing. I just don't really see why that would be something that would make a huge difference to me without it since it's not like I can place them down outside of camp anyway.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

No it's more that I end up with ridiculous amounts of steel scrap, screws, etc that I just endlessly deposit in my scrap box because there is no way I'll ever spend it all.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
The scrap and ammo boxes being separate from your main stash helps free up a lot of space, too. It's just efficient hoarding.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Communist collectron is great for quotes like these:

"This camp's dialectical materialism rating is insufficient. Filing report. You must work harder, comrade."
and:
"This land is filled with the filth of the bourgeoisie. It must be cleansed."

There are a lot of atom shop things that give you some resources, but really it is just a minor convenience and most of the 'best' camp stuff is purchased with gold bullion (earned in game currency). Loadout slots are handy if you like to switch around a lot, but switching manually really isn't THAT bad. I'm a hoarder who can't help loot every typewriter and desk fan I see so fallout 1st is pretty important for me.

I love some of the collectron quotes. The basic model once hit me with "The world is my dumpster" and it absolutely made my day.

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Anyone have a herd mentality serum they would trade me? Just cant see to find one vendor hopping I'm on steam if it matters

Destro fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 10, 2024

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I bought the game for ten bucks on sale and have never spent a dime on it since, there's a couple of very good weapon craftable unlocks in the cash shop but you 100% do not need them, there's gobs of super OP builds for pretty much every weapon category.

Paying2Lurk posted:

The scrap and ammo boxes being separate from your main stash helps free up a lot of space, too. It's just efficient hoarding.

this has evolved into a nice-but-not-necessary thing now that ammo for your equipped gun is literally everywhere, I've changed over to using the formerly-rare ammo because it's no longer a big deal to keep most guns swimming in ammo

e: here's the two weapons I mentioned, they can even be bought with ingame funny money you're awarded by doing basic gameplay stuff, depending on how much you play that isn't even very much (especially when you're new)

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 17:33 on May 10, 2024

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

My main aim is to kill or become mothman I think

I have worshipped mothman as well as kill 3 of them so far

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Paying2Lurk posted:

Ah, I forgot/didn't know that the main storage has a limit that is separate from the scrap box. I thought it all went into the same "storage" hopper after it gets scrapped.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Destro posted:

Anyone have a herd mentality serum they would trade me? Just cant see to find one vendor hopping I'm on steam if it matters

Yeah, a bunch of us PC players have access to all serums for free/low cost. Hop on our Discord and we'll get you set up!

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

explosivo posted:

Ah, I forgot/didn't know that the main storage has a limit that is separate from the scrap box. I thought it all went into the same "storage" hopper after it gets scrapped.

Yeah, it's what allows me to have like 23,000 steel scrap right now.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

I've been playing this game for a week now and I have only managed to do lvl40 because turns out playing 1st person version of Sims with CAMP is really fun. I first started as a dirt farmer south of Flatwoods but my fields were flanked by spawn sites so I got constant raider and/or supermutant attacks. I also started to want something more than "hovel full of work stations and bed in the corner" because everyone did that.

So I moved south, two blocks east from Charleston station, you can actually still see it from my diner's door. I have been spending way too much time and basically all my caps to make a Bob's Burgers-inspired diner with living area upstairs:

It's not super-unique idea, but I try to keep building it to look it belongs to the city and is/was an actual diner. The other problem is that I don't have custom signs-pack (because it just went out from Atoms-store) and I also don't have 12k caps to buy the "Signs and letters"-plans from Whitesprings, so I am pretty much limited to what I find from other players, or can buy with my trickle of Atoms via activities. The big letters are right now in some 2k atoms bundle, but I am not dropping 20€ to be able to advertise my diner in a MMORPG.

Upstairs are simple living room and bed in the corner, backroom is work benches and fusion generator, for which I found plans for 200 caps. All corners of the roof have turrets, something I learned as a dirt farmer in Flatwoods.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Everyone's 76 camps look so good yet here I am in FO4 stuck making corrugated steel shanty towns as if everyone in the Commonwealth forgot you can erect buildings without holes in them

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

SettingSun posted:

Everyone's 76 camps look so good yet here I am in FO4 stuck making corrugated steel shanty towns as if everyone in the Commonwealth forgot you can erect buildings without holes in them

Cuts down fresh tree, makes floor out of it, floor looks like it has dry rotted for 300 years.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Almost at 250 hours in FO76 and my camp is still just crafting benches and turrets strewn about.

I'll make a real camp one day...one day. But for now, there's Dailies to complete!

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

It's only $8 for another week and a half. I was solidly burnt out on FO's "trudge through the desert fetching poo poo for people" mechanic and gave 76 a wide berth when it dropped, but for that price I figured it was worth checking out at least. I've got about 65 hours into it so far and will probably put a couple hundred more in, and that's a far better value then anything else I could have done with $8. I haven't spent a dime more on it and don't plan to, though I am a video game hoarder by nature and 1st is looking better day by day...

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

bizwank posted:

It's only $8 for another week and a half. I was solidly burnt out on FO's "trudge through the desert fetching poo poo for people" mechanic and gave 76 a wide berth when it dropped, but for that price I figured it was worth checking out at least. I've got about 65 hours into it so far and will probably put a couple hundred more in, and that's a far better value then anything else I could have done with $8. I haven't spent a dime more on it and don't plan to, though I am a video game hoarder by nature and 1st is looking better day by day...

the great thing about it besides an extra score challenge each day is that when it ends you can still access everything you stored in the junk or ammo boxes. it's not a bad one to just grab for a month from time to time and not worry about renewing

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I appreciate how West Virginia is rendered, which is very true to my experience with it - very mountainous and poor

I also think that while at times the game can be quite beautiful, they really could use an engine/graphics update. A lot of things, like the lighting for instance, just look so dated.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

I scored the mini letters set and immediately added important piece that was missing:

My second idea was "Soup of the Day: Whiskey" but that's done to death as Internet meme.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Der Kyhe posted:

My second idea was "Soup of the Day: Whiskey" but that's done to death as Internet meme.

Weekly Stew: Whiskey with Meat[?]

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

I made 5000 caps through extortion with placing my C.A.M.P at that east part of Charleston Station which screws up the vendor spawns there. I put a neon sign on a shack that says "MOVE CAMP? 5K CAPS" and someone paid it. This game is awesome.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Entorwellian posted:

I made 5000 caps through extortion with placing my C.A.M.P at that east part of Charleston Station which screws up the vendor spawns there. I put a neon sign on a shack that says "MOVE CAMP? 5K CAPS" and someone paid it. This game is awesome.

Where's my share?

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Sensenmann posted:

Where's my share?

5%?

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

10% or you get nuked. ;)

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

AndrewP posted:

I appreciate how West Virginia is rendered, which is very true to my experience with it - very mountainous and poor

I also think that while at times the game can be quite beautiful, they really could use an engine/graphics update. A lot of things, like the lighting for instance, just look so dated.

on the other hand I get ~45fps on my EXTREMELY modest refurbished business desktop fanless machine so there's that

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
My CAMP is out of control hoarder hell but I can't get enough motivation to move/renovate it.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

I hit the CAMP limit today but its OK, I'll just get rid of the crop field behind the house because those seem to have ridiculously high number on it and both my weekly and daily wanted me to plant stuff, and I had some stuff pre-fusion generator and due to having to have a fence around my fields with elevated turret positions; adding the Today's Specials didn't budge the limit.

But it seems the best idea would be to put everything on one platform so its easy to just move around or make a greenhouse annex; where can I get those plantable foundations?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

what are you wanting to grow exactly, there are some places you can put up a camp where there's preset gobs of stuff ready to harvest and maybe you don't need to grow anything :shrug:

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

what are you wanting to grow exactly, there are some places you can put up a camp where there's preset gobs of stuff ready to harvest and maybe you don't need to grow anything :shrug:

Just generic stuff at this point, tatos, corn, mudfruits and wheat. I'll probably just delete everything else and just keep making corn soup for the future unless daily or weekly wants me to do something else.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I hope they bring more diversity in terms of crops at some points. I wanna make a herb garden so I can brew my hosed up little teas and poo poo, grow medicinal plants and whatnot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

there was a time when that was but a pipe dream but we're straight up getting a map expansion soon so hell, maybe