Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i think i saw theyre shooting a monopoly movie which is going to be a very, very funny peak into the mind of "progressive" landlords

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

oh, they're coming

wake me up when they make a live action MIGHTY MAX movie with breakaway castles

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

IMO as long as they're doing this they should make a movie about the Kellogg brothers because it's actually an interesting story

there was a legal battle over whether the name "Kellogg" should be used to advertise cornflakes or rehab centers where rich people go to learn how to not masturbate, because one of the two brothers was much less interested in making money than he was in trying to get people to stop masturbating

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Al! posted:

if you want a vision of the future picture middle class white americans watching movies about their favorite toys and snack foods while an increasingly brutal police state quells food riots

DS9 was optimistic.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

loquacius posted:

IMO as long as they're doing this they should make a movie about the Kellogg brothers because it's actually an interesting story

there was a legal battle over whether the name "Kellogg" should be used to advertise cornflakes or rehab centers where rich people go to learn how to not masturbate, because one of the two brothers was much less interested in making money than he was in trying to get people to stop masturbating

they did, it stars matthew broderik

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004

Xaris posted:

wake me up when they make a live action MIGHTY MAX movie with breakaway castles

At least we got a really rad cartoon series from these toys

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Al! posted:

they did, it stars matthew broderik

what a weird movie to make but it's fun

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

have you seriously never heard of The Road to Wellville?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

loquacius posted:

this movie already exists and its called The Road to Wellville. anyhony hopkins plays kellogg and hes incredible https://youtu.be/RblbZQth0KE?si=tP8xqdiqlGxsXnO8

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i've seriously never heard of the Road to Wellville

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

FUN FACT, the cornflake Kellogg and the anti-masturbation kingpin Kellogg were not actually the same person! They were brothers who had a falling-out over the ideal purpose of cornflakes. Cornflakes were originally invented as a thing to feed Gatsby socialites at the Kellogg summer camp to teach them how to not party (or masturbate), which tasted good without violating John Kellogg's strict rules against food that tasted good. Will Kellogg thought that people who were NOT currently at anti-fun boot camp might also enjoy eating them. John Kellogg disagreed.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

nm

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

this movie already exists and its called The Road to Wellville. anyhony hopkins plays kellogg and hes incredible https://youtu.be/RblbZQth0KE?si=tP8xqdiqlGxsXnO8

I must see this movie

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Nichael posted:

DS9 was optimistic.

Sluggo Cola movie when

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

loquacius posted:

FUN FACT, the cornflake Kellogg and the anti-masturbation kingpin Kellogg were not actually the same person! They were brothers who had a falling-out over the ideal purpose of cornflakes. Cornflakes were originally invented as a thing to feed Gatsby socialites at the Kellogg summer camp to teach them how to not party (or masturbate), which tasted good without violating John Kellogg's strict rules against food that tasted good. Will Kellogg thought that people who were NOT currently at anti-fun boot camp might also enjoy eating them. John Kellogg disagreed.

i learned this fun fact from the movie, The Road to Wellville

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMdA38eF-mw

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

loquacius posted:

*Dialup sound plays in brain* so it's like lidl and aldi in germany

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Al! posted:

I was too busy typing up this fun summary of the real-life events to see your posts on the subject but consider my interest piqued and this movie added to my list

selec
Sep 6, 2003

loquacius posted:

I must see this movie

it’s so good. horny as hell, great cast. if r/relationships existed back then the posts from Kellogg and Oneida followers would’ve been sacred texts by now

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Al! posted:

if you want a vision of the future picture middle class white americans watching movies about their favorite toys and snack foods while an increasingly brutal police state quells food riots

the cheeto movie they made is based on a completely fake story too

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

the cheeto movie they made is based on a completely fake story too

i was reading the wiki article for it after checking out Unfrosted and I like how the company had ordered and tested a Spicy Cheeto mix before the guy ever worked for the company

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Justin Tyme posted:

*Dialup sound plays in brain* so it's like lidl and aldi in germany
or adidas and puma, or aldi süd and aldi nord, or austria and germany

the natural instinct of germans is division

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Zizek would call that "buying your redemption" as a consumer

You feel like poo poo buying garbage food but if it's connected to an amazing immigrant success story suddenly you're not just eating trash, you're empowering people

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i was doing some reading about the golden era of bollywood and thought this was a pretty cool infographic about the different eras

https://www.hindustantimes.com/75th-independence-day/bollywood/the-golden-age-1947-1962

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

You feel like poo poo buying garbage food but if it's connected to an amazing immigrant success story suddenly you're not just eating trash, you're empowering people

cool that zizek was once a philosopher

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

its a shame bollywood cant really make good movies anymore since all the old actors are still in control of everything

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

I felt really positively about The Emoji Movie when I watched it, but I was also reading a lot of Sherry Turkle books at the time so I was all on board with the idea of personifying computer stuff.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

its a shame bollywood cant really make good movies anymore since all the old actors are still in control of everything

i liked RRR but thats the only bollywood film ive seen since lagaan

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

that sounds like a classic zizek line

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

where you say something stupid but make it sound incredibly profound

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Al! posted:

i liked RRR but thats the only bollywood film ive seen since lagaan

rrr is tollywood

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

rrr is tollywood

then i havent really seen a bollywood movie since lagaan lol

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

how many hollywoods do they have over there

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lumpentroll posted:

how many hollywoods do they have over there

Pakistan also has several for the different ethnicities that make up the country.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Justin Tyme posted:

Independence day 2 sucked as well. Need a total shutdown of sequels to 90's blockbusters no one asked for. You are right in that twister was redeemed by the cast and performances and not because it's a particularly good disaster movie. The studio went well... what if we had a lovely cast? Doesn't look good!

Like independence day 2. Didn't even have a will smith in his prime, just had a bunch of old people looking at cgi. Boring!

E: just remembering the grandpa in id2 driving a bus full of children into the desert TOWARDS the giant alien. Did he want to murder the children???

Lol why was ID2 a low rent Star Trek? What a bizarre movie

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Al! posted:

I've never heard of the Road to Wellville!!!!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
it's a secret movie from 1994 that was recently released from Anthony Hopkins' vault

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

tbf the only reason the road to wellville is burned into my brain is that there was a playground rumor you could see matthew broderik's penis in it

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Ah yes, The Road to Wellville, a movie I definitely knew about before ten minutes ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
In all seriousness, the Road to Wellville was a good book too.

Loquacius will learn a lot about how much Dr. Kellogg liked enemas!