Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

No Bobby Eaton'DaPussy, no buy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I've heard most of it before, but Dave goes into a deep dive on the history of the death of Georgia Championship wrestling and fallout with Bill Watts, Jim Barnett, Jim Crockett, Vince McMahon, Ted Turner etc on the latest WOR, and it was a really good listen.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Please, The Super Macho Dude. It’s Bobby Eaton Da 🅿️ussy

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mike Johnson got Blood Gouda too

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Man, gently caress Royce Gracie!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Crazy that they all print their names the same

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

doing some investigation on the snacks included, SRS was gifted the $120 gift package

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Crazy that they all print their names the same

Passing the apology cheese card around so that everyone can sign their name like it’s a get well soon card for a teacher

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

james is a menace to any aircraft's media system lol

The Wonka

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I feel like it wasn’t a great idea for the boys to admit on mic that they scammed 10k from a major company

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
gently caress united

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

STING 64 posted:

doing some investigation on the snacks included, SRS was gifted the $120 gift package

i will accept 120 dollars worth of blood gouda

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

I feel like it wasn’t a great idea for the boys to admit on mic that they scammed 10k from a major company

quick! cuts the fuckins cameras!

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
RIP to an SGH legend

https://x.com/mmahistorytoday/status/1788626763238551971?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Aw man :smith:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Most hosed Fucker In Heaven Art Jimmerson RIP

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

gently caress united
this but also probably not anything worth suing over either. more likely to get the customer service rep fired for not following company policy than anything else.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i’m imagining some united hr rep trying to listen for when the united bit comes up and having to listen to the entire 30 minutes of patreon shoutouts

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

looking for 2 more people to use podcasting as a way to finance multiple trips to japan. My pms are open

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I guess the boys don't read off vaguely political sentiments for their Patreon shout-outs. O well

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

apophenium posted:

I guess the boys don't read off vaguely political sentiments for their Patreon shout-outs. O well

Dick "The Cock" Nixon would be a hell of a Patreon name

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Dave may not be as consistent on Twitter as he used to be but he can still deliver the goods

https://x.com/davemeltzerwon/status/1788678047757226047?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

https://x.com/davemeltzerwon/status/1788681912653054157?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Have to listen to Unrestricted for the first time in awhile...

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1788705407290024368

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Is Deadlock all just watching the shows and laughing uncontrollably? Because I’ve seen a ton of clips on Instagram and that’s all I’ve seen, and I just don’t get the appeal.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
They do impressions that I think are pretty funny :)

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

TL posted:

Is Deadlock all just watching the shows and laughing uncontrollably? Because I’ve seen a ton of clips on Instagram and that’s all I’ve seen, and I just don’t get the appeal.

yes. the appeal is eventually they stumble across a joke that you enjoy hearing repeated 10 times in an episode

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

TL posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyaR4IWbTLU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

TL posted:

It's simply Guys Being Dudes About Wrestling

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
A friend of mine - who listens to and likes the show - once described Deadlock as "pretty 'middle school'," which is both not wrong and why it's fun to listen to. Lots of dicky poo-poo humor and a Beavis and Butt-Head style emphasis on calling out what kicked rear end and what sucked. They do actually go in-depth on matchups, history and booking decisions in their recaps, but that stuff doesn't make the Youtube highlight reels.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

pisscast walked so they could run

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

little munchkin posted:

yes. the appeal is eventually they stumble across a joke that you enjoy hearing repeated 10 times in an episode

I knew I'd found a home the first time I heard them rename Horace Hogan to Jack DudeBrother.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

STING 64 posted:

It's just not fair!!!

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Cut It Out!!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

STING 64 posted:

To this day I can't see a wrestler in jeans and not crave that 401 on those 501s.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

STING 64 posted:

It's not too late! Nobody in wrestling actually retires. Just come back and we'll act like you never left.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
lance sounds in rough shape, he's considering cauterizing the insides of his nostrils

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

STING 64 posted:

We need more in-depth discourse on which member of the NWO is which Beatles album

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

TL posted:

No sidebread for you, little dude!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
WON ratings

NJPW Wrestling Dontaku, Night 1

Katsuya Murashima & Togi Makabe vs. Oleg Boltin & Shoma Kato: 2.25

DOUKI & TAKA Michinoku vs. SHO & Yujiro Takahashi: 1

Callum Newman & Great-O-Khan vs. Taichi & Yuya Uemura: 2.75

El-P, Hikuleo & Jado vs. Fujita, Nicholls & Haste: 2

Bishamon & Tiger Mask vs. Ishimori, KENTA & Owens: 2.25

BUSHI, Hiromu, Naito & Takagi vs. Connors, Gedo, Moloney & Kidd: 3.5

Desperado, Moxley & Umino vs. EVIL, Kanemaru & Narita: 3

Jeff Cobb vs. Zack Sabre Jr.: 4.25

David Finlay vs. Yota Tsuji: 4

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Nic Nemeth: 3.75

NJPW Wrestling Dontaku, Night 2

Jet Wei & Naoki Sakurajima vs. Katsuya Murashima & Togi Makabe: 2.25

Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste vs. Shoma Kato & Tiger Mask: 1.75

DOUKI & Yuya Uemura vs. Francesco Akira & Great-O-Khan: 3

Callum Newman & Jeff Cobb vs. Kosei Fujita & Zack Sabre Jr.: 3.5

Desperado, El-P, Hikuleo & Umino vs. EVIL, Kanemaru, SHO & Yujiro: 2.5

Hiroshi Tanahashi & Oleg Boltin vs. Taichi & TAKA Michinoku: 2

BUSHI, Hiromu, Naito & Tsuji vs. Connors, Gedo, Ishimori & Moloney: 3

Bishamon vs. Chase Owens & KENTA: 1.75

Gabe Kidd vs. Shingo Takagi: 4.75

David Finlay vs. Nic Nemeth: 4

Jon Moxley vs. Ren Narita: 3.25

WWE Backlash

Kevin Owens & Randy Orton vs. Solo Sikoa & Tama Tonga: 4.75

Bayley vs. Naomi vs. Tiffany Stratton: 4.5

Damian Priest vs. Jey Uso: 3.5

Bianca Belair & Jade Cargill vs. Kabuki Warriors: 3

AJ Styles vs. Cody Rhodes: 5

WWE Raw, 6/5

Ilja Dragunov vs. Ricochet: 4.5

Gunther vs. Sheamus: 4.25

CMLL Super Viernes, 3/5

Angel de Oro, Flip Gordon & Niebla Roja vs. Máscara Dorada, Místico & Templario: 4.5

AEW Dynamite, 8/5

Orange Cassidy vs. Trent Beretta: 3.5