Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
https://twitter.com/a72161904/status/1788989194771083279?s=19

mistermojo posted:

what a great show

This is the raunchiness that guy was talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

senshi's sweet hams

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fister Roboto posted:

senshi's sweet hams

"Well, yeah, I know a quiet corner on the third level where a light breeze is always blowin'. Perfect for air-curin' the meat from Dire Boars. It was kinda out of our way or I'd have treated ya to Prosciutto Di Prigione"

Lazy Fair
Sep 23, 2019

Asterite34 posted:

It seems like Laios might have hosed up a little bit here Inceptioning the idea into Marcille's head (or at least encouraging an idea she's been toying with for a while) that "The Mad Mage's power can solve all your gnawing existential dread." I saw that spellbook. That did not look like a benevolent spellbook, that looked like the poo poo in it is forbidden for a reason. Marcille's getting tempted to go down the Left-Hand Path :ohdear:

Sigh, this sort of superstition is founded in ignorance and fear. So called :airquote: black magic :airquote: is simply a number of traditions of ancient magic which are currently illegal. Magic doesn't have morality, it's all about how you use it. Such as boiling a lake like a cup of water by drawing power from another plane of existence where infinity exists. There is nothing inherently wrong with a black ma- ancient magic book that happens to have an eye on the cover which looks at you when you pick it up in your dreams.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Black magic doesn't horribly warp the laws of nature to create abominations, people horribly warp the laws of nature to create abominations

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Some fan art that came thru my feed awhile back that I can post now that Izutsumi has appeared.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I like how in Chilchuck's channel he makes a point of answering the question in the title so you aren't forced to watch the video if you don't want to.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

duz posted:

Some fan art that came thru my feed awhile back that I can post now that Izutsumi has appeared.

I bet Kabru's video is like 2 hrs long.

He's got hundreds of videos.

They're all like that.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

duz posted:

Marcille not holding a ukulele, big mistake.

DrSunshine posted:

They're all like that.

Oh definitely. I'm sure he's got a 5 hour one on why the dungeon has to be destroyed/sealed.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
is there contextual significance to the Asebi/Izutsumi name that's lost in translation

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
No idea on Izutsumi, but Asebi is the name for Japanese Andromeda, a poisonous flower.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Alan Smithee posted:

is there contextual significance to the Asebi/Izutsumi name that's lost in translation

My guess is Izutsumi is her actual name while Asebi was the name Shuro's family had given her when she entered their service?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

amigolupus posted:

My guess is Izutsumi is her actual name while Asebi was the name Shuro's family had given her when she entered their service?

that's pretty much all there is to it, i believe all of shuro's retainers (except maybe maizuru?) go by aliases in the story

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

amigolupus posted:

They're all fake names except for Toshiro.

They're ninjas, so they're going by code names, even though it's not really a typical ninja mission :v:

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
yeah specifically all their ninjasonas have plant/flower/nature-based names

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
maybe Izutsumi イヅツミ is a pun on "five" (Itsutsu イツツ) being that she is the fifth retainer and the fifth party member

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

DrSunshine posted:

They're all like that.

I mean, Kabru's CHA is shown as being through the roof most of the time. I'd imagine he'd have a much more effective social media presence.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

he would be cancelled for being the ACABiest kind of cop

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/ProZD/status/1788648526043545653

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Fluffdaddy posted:

a 10 minute review of a 22 minute show is this punishment?

It gave us this tho

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

duz posted:

Izutsumi's channel name was made because she jumped on the keyboard when she had to make a profile name.

Lazy Fair
Sep 23, 2019

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I ordered mushroom risotto tonight

could have used cheese

could always use cheese

if you ever had it cooked and stirred in the bowl of a hollowed out cheese wheel you know what I'm talking about

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
So has Izutsumi always been like this or is this the cat half of her being obnoxious (complimentary)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

No, yes.

she was worse

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

amigolupus posted:

Weirdly enough, looking back over the course of the series has convinced me that Chilchuck fits the bill of Team Dad more than Senshi. He's given at least one sermon to everyone in the party when he thinks they've gone too far and they need to behave tone it down. Did the dad thing of griping over Laios' fault of lacking social skills and how he needs to work on that. Had his bullshit detector go off when they met up with Shuro and Kabru's teams and had to decide which of his kids would say something stupid to offend the others. Not to mention that he's been looking out for the others' well-being, like worrying that Marcille and Laios seeing the Red Dragon corpse would seriously upset them again, or preventing Laios and Senshi from feeding Marcille Harpy Egg Omelet when she was emotionally shredded after seeing Chimera Falin (and she did prove him right when she complained about Harpies are still humanoid during the Shapeshifter episode so lol).

Maybe part of it is that Chilchuck's known them longer, but it looks like Senshi's only focus is on keeping the "young ones" fed, which makes me think he's more of a kindly schoolteacher or a weird/cool uncle.

Chilchuck = Team Dad (gruff, emotionally distant/repressed, keeps everyone in line, active aggression, focuses on the big picture)

Senshi = Team Mom (sensitive, better at dealing with and understanding emotions, keeps everyone fed, passive aggression, focuses on smaller details that are important but sometimes this turns into a hyper focus that blocks everything else out)

Hope that clears everything up!

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Wrong. They're all gay and they all have parent issues. It's a found family, not a nuclear one

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Senshi's got severe exhibitionist tendencies.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Synthbuttrange posted:

Senshi's got severe exhibitionist tendencies.

Oh, what, so we're shaming him for wearing a traditional kilt-style design now? God forbid dwarves do anything

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Angry Diplomat posted:

Wrong. They're all gay and they all have parent issues. It's a found family, not a nuclear one

You're right, but also I firmly believe that part of fully understanding Senshi as a character is recognizing that the role he has in the group isn't just a parental one it's one specifically associated with things that a lot of people relate to motherhood such as cooking, understanding and connecting with people emotionally, and teaching others the proper way to do basic things like holding utensils as well as explaining why doing things in the proper way is important.

The super masculine appearing dwarf having a number of skills associated with femininity and big mom energy is part of the subtle subversion of established fantasy tropes that runs throughout the rest of the story.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Senshi is appropriately avunculate with the young people he deems to be responsible for. He practices positive masculinity, basing his honor and self worth on how well taken care of the people around him are. Senshi finds meaning in helping other people thrive.

Senshi obviously considers the cat-girl to be one of his responsibilities, now. She better get used mushrooms.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Can cats even eat mushrooms

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Can cats even eat mushrooms

Not if they hold their spoon wrong.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

https://x.com/mhbali/status/1789313463468085288

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Marsupial Ape posted:

Senshi obviously considers the cat-girl to be one of his responsibilities, now. She better get used mushrooms.

He reminds me of my mother in that you better eat what's on the plate or you're not gonna get any dinner at all.

(in the process of making this dumb photoshop and searching for a picture of Laios I majorly spoiled myself so oopsie-loving-daisy)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Interesting seeing a glimpse of Laios's fears about not fitting in and being unable to save Falin before he became aware he was dreaming and dropped a chimera on all his problems. I imagine if the nightmares had been affecting him instead it wouldn't have been such a blank void in his head.

Or maybe all his dreams are like that.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Only tangentially related to team dad chat but did you know Kui very briefly planed to draw Chilchuck with a bunch of gray hairs but gave up on that almost immediately because it was a pain to draw over and over.

edit: and by "briefly" and "immediately" I apparently mean it lasted for the first three chapters.

Whitenoise Poster fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 11, 2024

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Only tangentially related to team dad chat but did you know Kui very briefly planed to draw Chilchuck with a bunch of gray hairs but gave up on that almost immediately because it was a pain to draw over and over.

edit: and by "briefly" and "immediately" I apparently mean it lasted for the first three chapters.

I love stories like these.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Similarly, she has said, more or less, that Senshi likely has much more body hair than is shown, but she's not gonna keep drawing all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Suleman posted:

Similarly, she has said, more or less, that Senshi likely has much more body hair than is shown, but she's not gonna keep drawing all that.

Yeah that shows up in some of her daydream hour artwork. She draws Senshi with much more detailed forearm bodyhair and so on in those pieces, since it's a one off.