Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Trying to get the last nuked plant for the challenge. Does raw cobalt flux not drop near the Scorchbeast Queen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

SplitSoul posted:

Trying to get the last nuked plant for the challenge. Does raw cobalt flux not drop near the Scorchbeast Queen?

Correct! Looks like there's a single plant anywhere near SBQ

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Not much of it, I think. Haven't dealt with flux a lot, but the one time I did get it it was a rad storm up near whitespring.

e:f;b

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Der Kyhe posted:

Just generic stuff at this point, tatos, corn, mudfruits and wheat. I'll probably just delete everything else and just keep making corn soup for the future unless daily or weekly wants me to do something else.

consider building a camp down near the General's restaurant at the border between the Mire and the Bog, there's gobs of corn and carrots and tatos and melons(?) and cranberries, you can just travel to Mama Dolce's and harvest a million mutfruit when you need that

e: also just dropping by to say dang, the expedition content is really great and idk why people don't jump on them when a team is going :shrug:
fresh environments, fresh music, fresh enemies, gobs of loot and ammo

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

SplitSoul posted:

wait for one dropped on earl and go looking for the blue tree sap iirc

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

From what I understand this is why people nuke the Whitespring, it has every variety of nuked plant.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

the paradigm shift posted:

wait for one dropped on earl and go looking for the blue tree sap iirc

I've played that like all of three times.

Time to figure out how to nuke poo poo, I guess.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Can someone explain how to keep your CAMP each play session? I know you can make your structure a blueprint but the crops and anything that's just placed in the land disappears for me when it moves.

You guys are talking about growing crops and stuff, how do you keep it around between sessions or locations? Is there a way to just freeze everything in my CAMP and plop it somewhere else?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Your camp will spawn the same place every time you join a server, you shouldn't be moving your camp around all the time unless you have a dedicated compact camp in the second slot or something, it eats through early game caps. You always keep your camp unless another camp is there when you join, in which case you should hop servers rather than use the free camp move.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Black Griffon posted:

Your camp will spawn the same place every time you join a server, you shouldn't be moving your camp around all the time unless you have a dedicated compact camp in the second slot or something, it eats through early game caps. You always keep your camp unless another camp is there when you join, in which case you should hop servers rather than use the free camp move.

ohh I didn't know I could hop servers and it would go back. I don't move it myself, it's usually moved for me

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

What the gently caress. Well I have no idea why your camp would move by itself, I'll leave that one to the level 100+ folks here.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Yeah that uhhhh shouldn’t happen. When it’s blocked it just exists in limbo and you can either drop it elsewhere for free (annoying unless you wanted to do that anyway) or let it hang until you change sessions.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

no I'm sorry it's not actually moved, I just meant it's blocked and I can move it.

I get it now, I'll just move servers next time. Thanks!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

You can also buy multiple CAMP slots and just switch to a different one if your regular slot is taken, they have separate build budgets.

So I'm getting used to this low health business. Had a lot of fun with my pistol/guerilla character with the Slug Buster set up for fullauto and pistol grip with this build, it's objectively somewhat worse than Commando because, well, the gun is super loud but hey it's not a Commando build :shrug:

Not A Commando

fun to ambush groups of stuff and unload 3-4 round headshot bursts at pretty good range, frantically spamming crits and trying to kill them all before I get seen, I have about 15k plasma ammo because it's super ammo efficient :thumbsup:

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
Ok, so I was taking a peek at playing Fallout 4, but I encountered some problems:

1) Despite having a pretty dang good rig and all, the game doesn't feel that smooth: it's like the mouse is delayed slightly and the FPS is lower than I would think. It's not anything extreme like stutters or freezes, and it's slight enough that I wouldn't mind for some games, but I was having problems snappily aiming at the first radroaches you encounter from this weird lag, so that's a bad sign. Is this just how the game is, or is there some sort of setting I need to adjust?

2) The second I adjust my view to not point directly at something making noise, it plunges into practically absolute silence. I can understand it getting a bit quieter, but this is incredibly extreme, like it's expecting me to have a surround sound system despite just having two boring front speakers. Is there a setting for this? I actually had this same problem with the Bioshock games, but no others. Maybe I just need to wear headphones (but if I'm doing that, I guess I may as well play VR instead).

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If it happened in another game, do you perhaps have a windows sound setting or a sound driver setting that thinks you have a surround sound system?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

FutureCop posted:

2) The second I adjust my view to not point directly at something making noise, it plunges into practically absolute silence. I can understand it getting a bit quieter, but this is incredibly extreme, like it's expecting me to have a surround sound system despite just having two boring front speakers. Is there a setting for this? I actually had this same problem with the Bioshock games, but no others. Maybe I just need to wear headphones (but if I'm doing that, I guess I may as well play VR instead).

This is almost certainly because the game is messing with your default sound devices because I have a similar issue. Do you have start menu music? I have to force windows to reset the default devices in order for it to output right.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

until you actually use the move camp button and confirm it your camp stays just hop

oh nm you got it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

FutureCop posted:

Ok, so I was taking a peek at playing Fallout 4, but I encountered some problems:

1) Despite having a pretty dang good rig and all, the game doesn't feel that smooth: it's like the mouse is delayed slightly and the FPS is lower than I would think. It's not anything extreme like stutters or freezes, and it's slight enough that I wouldn't mind for some games, but I was having problems snappily aiming at the first radroaches you encounter from this weird lag, so that's a bad sign. Is this just how the game is, or is there some sort of setting I need to adjust?

There's some kind of mouse input lag to the game that you've got to mod to fix
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27019

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

so since I just hit 1000 bethesdabux I went ahead and sprung for the Auto-Axe and rolled this on the 2nd try
and it is, uh

PRETTY GOOD :kiddo:

1st try was AA/Crit dmg/weight reduction lol

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

Flesh Forge posted:

so since I just hit 1000 bethesdabux I went ahead and sprung for the Auto-Axe and rolled this on the 2nd try
and it is, uh

PRETTY GOOD :kiddo:

1st try was AA/Crit dmg/weight reduction lol

Hah, this reminds me of getting a Railway Rifle the other week.

1st Legendary was like bogus poo poo.

2nd was Quad/ 50% Crit/ -25% AP and I was like "That's a god roll, right? Should I sell this?"

Amusingly I play Holy Fire flamer/ Cremator build now and figure I'll build back into an Unyielding RR build... but Flamer/Cremator is incredibly fun.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

That is a really good Railway gun yeah but fyi there's going to add a highly bonkers Bloodied version with 20 base ammo in the next content update:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz537lQazBg

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I've rolled a lot of different stuff but I've yet to achieve anything close to a 'groll' so congrats on that. For me it's like 'Quad! -25%AP!! +50% bash damage.... wah wah.

Flesh Forge posted:

That is a really good Railway gun yeah but fyi there's going to add a highly bonkers Bloodied version with 20 base ammo in the next content update:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz537lQazBg

That's a very... interesting choice. Guess I'm going to stop trying to roll those anymore.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

What the gently caress is up with this Enclave ambush in FO4? This is like 10 hours into a second run and these guys pop up out of nowhere with plasma weapons that obliterate me in 3 shots. I didn't even see these guys in my first game and now they won't leave me alone.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

I’ve been really enjoying FO76 for about a week now, it’s just “more Fallout” but with friends and group content. I’m one of the many immigrants prompted by the Amazon show.

That said, last night I was hit by a double whammy of frustration. First, in learning there is no cross-play for this game - which is bizarre (but maybe a symptom of the games age?) and really impacts my ability to play with friends I know would be into this. Secondly, I sat down to build a real camp last night and holy crap do I hate this building system. It could not be more fiddly and unintuitive and I spent more than half my time alt-tabbing to YouTube to figure out whatever arcane bullshit was necessary to build a porch or how stairs worked, etc. Wasn’t this released around the same time as Conan Exiles? I loved building in that game, but wow what a chore FO76 makes it.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

SettingSun posted:

What the gently caress is up with this Enclave ambush in FO4? This is like 10 hours into a second run and these guys pop up out of nowhere with plasma weapons that obliterate me in 3 shots. I didn't even see these guys in my first game and now they won't leave me alone.

They were added for free in the latest update. Enjoy!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Il-487ADwI

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

The Bramble posted:

I’ve been really enjoying FO76 for about a week now, it’s just “more Fallout” but with friends and group content. I’m one of the many immigrants prompted by the Amazon show.

That said, last night I was hit by a double whammy of frustration. First, in learning there is no cross-play for this game - which is bizarre (but maybe a symptom of the games age?) and really impacts my ability to play with friends I know would be into this. Secondly, I sat down to build a real camp last night and holy crap do I hate this building system. It could not be more fiddly and unintuitive and I spent more than half my time alt-tabbing to YouTube to figure out whatever arcane bullshit was necessary to build a porch or how stairs worked, etc. Wasn’t this released around the same time as Conan Exiles? I loved building in that game, but wow what a chore FO76 makes it.

The real question is when did Fallout 4 come out relative to Exiles, which was a couple years before. But yeah, the building system isn't great. Still fun for me though. All the little doo-dads are great for playing house and I love to check out other camps.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Kaddish posted:

The real question is when did Fallout 4 come out relative to Exiles, which was a couple years before. But yeah, the building system isn't great. Still fun for me though. All the little doo-dads are great for playing house and I love to check out other camps.

The final products definitely can look pretty awesome, but it takes way too much effort to make something that isn’t a box with crafting stations all along the walls

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

The Bramble posted:

The final products definitely can look pretty awesome, but it takes way too much effort to make something that isn’t a box with crafting stations all along the walls

I agree, it is tedious, which is why my place is almost exactly as you describe. One of these days I'd like to make a nice camp on a mountain with a view.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The Bramble posted:

The lack of cross-play is frustrating but it’s even more compounded by the fact Todd Howard was one of the biggest voices giving Sony poo poo during that whole Sony doesn’t allow cross-play brouhaha and when Sony did open it up, his head was buried in the ground when their games started to allow it.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Just to confirm, you have a completely separate camp so you can make another one without deleting your old one, right? I have... bad memories when I played at release trying to do anything with another camp and making my first one vanish or become unusable. Basically what do I need to do to make another camp and be 100% sure my first one doesn't succumb to Bethesda jank? I mean it's just a swamp shack in the mire near some lead but drat it, it's my swamp shack.

Also I didn't realize it was right near a fissure until after I built it, so occasionally a scorchbeast will fly over and start trashing my camp. I need to find a new neighborhood lol

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

If you switch camps, your inactive camp(s) essential act as if you were offline. I seem to remember that this extends to objects on timers too, such as crops and water, but I could be mistaken.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Black Griffon posted:

If you switch camps, your inactive camp(s) essential act as if you were offline. I seem to remember that this extends to objects on timers too, such as crops and water, but I could be mistaken.

No, that's correct. Your inactive camp gets essentially frozen in the state you left it, including crops and all camp items that produce something.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

jabro posted:

The lack of cross-play is frustrating but it’s even more compounded by the fact Todd Howard was one of the biggest voices giving Sony poo poo during that whole Sony doesn’t allow cross-play brouhaha and when Sony did open it up, his head was buried in the ground when their games started to allow it.

My dude they opened it up 1 month before the game came out and only for Fortnite. Pete Hines openly talked about it when it happened, not "buried their head".

Like cross play is not just flip a switch for every game, and Sony requires you to file contracts, re-cert your game,and track players on other platforms and report their behavior to Sony and potentially pay Sony for cross platform still.

MJBuddy fucked around with this message at 20:50 on May 11, 2024

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

gently caress it reinstalled after two years, lets see where I was at

hell yeah raider armor

this was good then, seems good now. don't run low HP builds so damage isn't where it could be but it still fucks everything up and keeps me alive while doing it so I don't care lol. plus you know, drugs

always like my cool under-bridge house

always set it up for the holidays too. santatron's still running around lol. I think I was capturing workshops and building Free Presents Dispensers last time I was playing

there's a staircase that goes from the interior of the building to the top train tracks

cozy

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 23:33 on May 11, 2024

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

this was good then, seems good now. don't run low HP builds so damage isn't where it could be but it still fucks everything up and keeps me alive while doing it so I don't care lol. plus you know, drugs

Yeah that's a super good roll :thumbsup:
third star on these is kind of w/e, none of them are a big deal
e: actually heck that 3rd star is highly optimal isn't it, for this category of weapon it's basically always on :stare:

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 23:51 on May 11, 2024

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah I remember this guy absolutely fucks, I just hold the attack button and don't die

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

that's like Dodgy rank 3 except free, that's an amazing 3rd star effect :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Flesh Forge posted:

e: actually heck that 3rd star is highly optimal isn't it, for this category of weapon it's basically always on :stare:

Flesh Forge posted:

that's like Dodgy rank 3 except free, that's an amazing 3rd star effect :stare:

According to this post, the effect is only active for the split second you're "swinging" the auto-axe. Similar to the animation if you're bashing with it. It's working, but sadly not all the time.

That's still a fantastic roll.