Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life
Technical support contracts for TempleOS and Plan9 (No SLA)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
an ai app that turns a drawing on a napkin into a professional visio diagram

but seriously someone make this

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

an app that takes people's garbage poo poo done in figma* and turns it into illegible drawings on a napkin like it deserves

*Balls

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

an app that takes people's garbage poo poo done in figma* and turns it into illegible drawings on a napkin like it deserves

*Balls

I have actual serious thoughts about designers not working on paper or whiteboards anymore

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

qirex posted:

I have actual serious thoughts about designers not working on paper or whiteboards anymore

I agree fwiw

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it's mostly "old man yells at cloud-based design software" but there's actual research about how transcribing an idea improves both understanding of the problem and my own experience when doing this stuff when I used to go whiteboard > at least one round of paper > computer

of course most folks don't have time to work that way anymore [including me] which is I suspect the real problem

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

qirex posted:

it's mostly "old man yells at cloud-based design software" but there's actual research about how transcribing an idea improves both understanding of the problem and my own experience when doing this stuff when I used to go whiteboard > at least one round of paper > computer

of course most folks don't have time to work that way anymore [including me] which is I suspect the real problem

a while back i transcribed all of the tao de ching and it was super rewarding imo

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Perplx posted:

an ai app that turns a drawing on a napkin into a professional visio diagram

but seriously someone make this

Isn't this already a thing? Or just an AI demo?

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
a company that sells company and product names by being a trademark squatter (like domain squatter) backed by AI trained on press releases of futuristic upcoming product categories (space, precision fermentation cheeses, space cheese, etc) and comedic cutesy puns for product names

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
american drones TM -- an american gladiators / battlebots media empire ripoff but humans vs nerf gun ai robots and DJI drones programmed to plow into contestants wearing helmets and a lot of safety padding

let the public see the future battlefield :berninator: :roboluv:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Internet Old One posted:

A sleeping pod filled with warm vibrating glycerine and sensors you glue to your body that record whatever, leds and speakers for flashing lights and tones for "health".

The glycerine and sensor pads are all consumables and the bed requires a 19.94/mo subscription.

It doesn't matter, as soon as they see the nocturnal erection sensor cuff the right kind of very rich people will be snatching them up just so they can bust out of bed like neo from the matrix in the morning before their morning enema of handsome asexual athlete blood.

Since it's not a medical device I'll naturally sell off every byte of medical data collected.

this but it also jacks you off

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

This but some sort of vibrating biofeedback crystal buttplug that makes a report about the biological age of your pelvic floor and tracks your prostate volume.

Besides if it jacks you off from the front then it'll complicate the erection sensor cuff.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Internet Old One posted:

A sleeping pod filled with warm vibrating glycerine and sensors you glue to your body that record whatever, leds and speakers for flashing lights and tones for "health".

The glycerine and sensor pads are all consumables and the bed requires a 19.94/mo subscription.

It doesn't matter, as soon as they see the nocturnal erection sensor cuff the right kind of very rich people will be snatching them up just so they can bust out of bed like neo from the matrix in the morning before their morning enema of handsome asexual athlete blood.

Since it's not a medical device I'll naturally sell off every byte of medical data collected.

no thanks

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

i'll take five of them

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJklHwoYgBQ

10 years later and still relevant

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

N.Z.'s Champion posted:

american drones TM -- an american gladiators / battlebots media empire ripoff but humans vs nerf gun ai robots and DJI drones programmed to plow into contestants wearing helmets and a lot of safety padding

let the public see the future battlefield :berninator: :roboluv:

do the humans get live rounds?

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
yes why not

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Roosevelt posted:

do the humans get live rounds?

now, when you say "get," do you mean, uh, how do i uhhh

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

LieutenantFrost posted:

call me fido then

nobody cares about your fursona

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life
A startup that makes open source software that uses one or more videos of someone typing their password to find the password.

Then we release staged TikTok videos of teenagers stealing their teachers passwords and hacking wifi.

Then we make money selling software and training solutions to combat the problem. The software just makes you type extra random keystrokes when entering your password and it makes signing into anything into a hellish experience. The training is not exposing your screen to the window.

Our business plan involves starting with, boomers, moving to credulous k12 administrators, and then pivoting to the government once we've established our brand.

Internet Old One fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 7, 2024

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

service that solves captchas for you

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

service that solves captchas for you

it’s advertised as ai but it’s really just a click farm overseas

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

a subscription magazine that features interest articles and pictures of naked ladies

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

fart simpson posted:

a subscription magazine that features interest articles and pictures of naked ladies

this, but both the articles and pictures are ai-generated

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

a boutique custom blended pet kibble, called kibibytes

you send in a fur sample which is dna analyzed (and the data sold naturally), then we send a custom blend of kibble every month

also get a loot crate of treats and plastic trash (aka “toys”)

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

a boutique custom blended solid meal replacement, called kibibytes

you send in a dna sample which is analyzed (and the data sold naturally), then we send a custom blend of human kibble every month. complete nutrition in a bowl.

also get a loot crate of snacks

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

and it's called human kibble because i, the consumer, am human, right?

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

we never sell data to third parties*

*we sell data to our subsidiary geneebytes, and we have no control over who they sell that data to

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

and it's called human kibble because i, the consumer, am human, right?

uhh yeah for sure

we don’t actually use “human kibble” in marketing copy, we just heavily imply it. that would be too on the nose

internally we absolutely call it kibble though

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

ok doing some research i guess "human grade" pet food is a thing...

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I know I'm always eating human grade chow

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

sorry but bachelor chow already exists; it's called soylent

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
company that sends a dirt cheap WiFi+USB printer to every household in the US with like a 10-page cheap ink cart/printhead after doing deals to sell 50-page carts at gas stations, convenience stores, and drugstores for $9.99 with $1 rebate for mailing in your old cart

if it just worked it could instantly ruin the market for lovely but more expensive printers with way more expensive ink

oh wait these were supposed to be jokes not things I wish people would do

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

eschaton posted:

we just need a YOSPOS nonprofit ideas thread

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
company that sells weed vapes, but one in 1000 is actually dmt

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

eschaton posted:

company that sends a dirt cheap WiFi+USB printer to every household in the US with like a 10-page cheap ink cart/printhead after doing deals to sell 50-page carts at gas stations, convenience stores, and drugstores for $9.99 with $1 rebate for mailing in your old cart

if it just worked it could instantly ruin the market for lovely but more expensive printers with way more expensive ink

I just assume everyone “steals materials” by printing things at work like I do, op

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Branch Nvidian posted:

I just assume everyone “steals materials” by printing things at work like I do, op

im calling the police

fack you
Sep 12, 2002

For Life
when you go to check out an audiobook or ebook or whatever from your library app or Libby, and there's a waitlist, have an option to buy a copy (at a discount???) for your library and get to check it out immediately

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
a service that crawls AliExpress to sort the actual factory direct stores out from the various resellers

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
some employees misuse company equipment for their own benefit (eg mining bitcoin) but there's probably a broader market category for disgruntled employees who want to misuse company stuff

these products should be discrete and able to be used in the workplace without arousing suspicion. they will also have legitimate uses as a cover story

• for countries that allow home brew liquor, a usb-powered desktop ethanol distiller machine so you can run your own speakeasy after work. sounds very safe to have one of those running 247
  • a device that siphons company power to feed back to your electric vehicle in the parking lot. a 5kWh battery could weigh 20kg and fit in a large backpack, be plugged in when you arrive at work, and then be ready to use in a few hours (my math is probably wrong)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

youve heard of "god of the gaps" ? get ready for "god of the baps"