Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Nichael posted:

uh weird priority

you just did a no growth, penalty of 4 weeks in the latinx encampent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

Angelica:

But when I fantasize at night it's Alexander's eyes.
As I romanticize what might have been,
If I hadn't sized him up so quickly.
At least my dear Eliza's his wife.
At least I keep his eyes in my life.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

ah good more lyrics about wanting to gently caress him. this is history.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

I miss him so much

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

I think I'm always subconsciously trying to write the ideal school play. Lots of parts for everybody, great parts for women - don't forget, more girls try out than boys in the school play; everyone gets to be in the school play.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I bet grover could have solved the palestinian question in a week.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Grover certifying the Gaza walls as totally safe and secure on Oct 6

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

lol

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

AmiYumi posted:

please welcome our next president

turd ferguson

*trump emerges in an oversized sombrero*

What was the name of that character Trump used to call into FOX news?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

PhilippAchtel posted:

What was the name of that character Trump used to call into FOX news?

john barron was the fake name he'd use to write to new york tabloids to say how great he was

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Rubellavator posted:

He's crying cause attacking Trump isn't working.

Yeah. Dems keep saying ORANGE MAN BAD, and then are bewildered when people keep saying "Ok, what makes Biden any better?" , and then expecting an answer that isn't just saying Orange Man Bad again.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

he says the dems, including him, are idiots and mocks the idea that jan. 6 was "an assault on the temple of democracy" and points out that trump is "more ahead than he's ever been" bc the dems, including him, are idiots.

it's bizarrely & refreshingly honest, like a deathbed confession.

James Carville ftw

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

this is fabulous

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

did a whole bunch of Russians get canceled solely for being Russian when the Ukraine war broke out

Remembering Keith Olbermann's gigantic meltdown over having some quantum of Russian ancestry

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Rubellavator posted:

He's crying cause attacking Trump isn't working.

It's funny that the same people that came up with "it's the economy stupid" are now doing everything possible to ignore it in favor of increasingly dumb poo poo

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Lord of Pie posted:

It's funny that the same people that came up with "it's the economy stupid" are now doing everything possible to ignore it in favor of increasingly dumb poo poo

listen jack, there's nothing else we could do except dying on the zionist hill for the next 7 months

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

did a whole bunch of Russians get canceled solely for being Russian when the Ukraine war broke out

Also a whole bunch of pop culture stuff too, the main thing I remember is that Netflix scrapped an Anna Karenina adaptation because of the war.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Orchestras refused to play Tchaikovsky and the dude who did the soundtrack for Atomic Heart was badgered into giving up his pay for the gig

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Orchestras refused to play Tchaikovsky and the dude who did the soundtrack for Atomic Heart was badgered into giving up his pay for the gig

Hell the whole thing around Atomic Heart too. Some folks would have you believe that if you buy this Russian videogame then there'd be blood on your hands.

samogonka
Nov 5, 2016
the international cat federation banning Russian cats from its competitions

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Lord of Pie posted:

Remembering Keith Olbermann's gigantic meltdown over having some quantum of Russian ancestry

Quantum Of Boris (and Natasha)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

samogonka posted:

the international cat federation banning Russian cats from its competitions

The theory is sound: if pushed to their limit, professional cat trainers would overthrow the Russian government because they want to do cat shows that badly that they're willing to lay down their lives

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Probably lying about it (since "lying about crazy poo poo" is basically the same thing Biden and Trump do), but the NYTimes' intent here is to say "actually RFK has a real broken brain, unlike Biden!"

i for one am flabbergasted to see the new york times and all our faves engage in such ableist language on the question of rfk jrs brain worm since as we all know its not funny at all to mock people for having medical problems

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀

Lord of Pie posted:

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

the_steve posted:

Yeah. Dems keep saying ORANGE MAN BAD, and then are bewildered when people keep saying "Ok, what makes Biden any better?" , and then expecting an answer that isn't just saying Orange Man Bad again.

Asking what Biden can offer people is authoritarianism

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

VoicesCanBe posted:

Asking what Biden can offer people is authoritarianism

I know, I know. Support for him is supposed to be based off of the tummyfeels you get by imagining all of the things he COULD do.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Lord of Pie posted:

I'm not surprised that liberals who glimpse at materialism find any excuse to run away from it like they've peeked behind the curtain and seen things they do not like the implications of

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I love the "John Locke on Lost just figures out he's a dumbfuck idiot" energy.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Nichael posted:

Has he considered not nominating known rapist and genocide enthusiast, Joe Biden?

no

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Best Friends posted:

when a guy like him says the dems are being dumb they invariably mean the dems have gone too far left

usually, yeah; but here he's burst the "jan. 6 was a coup to overthrow the government and we must vote blue to save it" bubble, too.

I don't know another dem with a national profile who's done that bc the hyperbolic portrayals of The Day That Shook Our World is what they went with out of political expediency.

carville's pointing out how they're dumbasses for doing that, which as I said is refreshingly honest.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Willa Rogers posted:

usually, yeah; but here he's burst the "jan. 6 was a coup to overthrow the government and we must vote blue to save it" bubble, too.

I don't know another dem with a national profile who's done that bc the hyperbolic portrayals of The Day That Shook Our World is what they went with out of political expediency.

carville's pointing out how they're dumbasses for doing that, which as I said is refreshingly honest.

But what's the other shoe here?
Usually when someone like Carville has a correct take like that, they tend to follow it up with some sort of much worse alternative take like "And that's why the Jan Sixers should have just been black bagged and summarily executed without any media attention."

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Lord of Pie posted:

I think he understands how absolutely lame the current messaging is & how its expiration date has passed, and bc he was a strategist back when the party was more successful at messaging it irritates & frustrates him.

I wish he'd been more specific (maybe there's a longer clip somewhere) about his perception of his own failings when he said that even he isn't able to come up with non-loser-energy messaging.

He has no core political values (he married his GOP counterpart), but that wasn't & isn't his job; like axelrod, his utility to the party & people he served was in crafting messaging that was persuasive to voters, and he can see the loser energy coming from the loser democrat party rn.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

the_steve posted:

But what's the other shoe here?
Usually when someone like Carville has a correct take like that, they tend to follow it up with some sort of much worse alternative take like "And that's why the Jan Sixers should have just been black bagged and summarily executed without any media attention."

My guess is that he's old/cranky/mad that the party he helped bring back to power after 12 years of reagan & bush elder is loving up so badly that they're boosting trump's chances.

But I'll try to find a longer clip that provides more context, like why he's doing that selfie stuff while dressed like that next to ugly curtains.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

a couple weeks ago he was scolding youngs to get off their motherfucking asses & vote democrat via another weirdly angled selfie.

https://twitter.com/csnetkova76/status/1786163815438303443

he also excoriates the messaging to the youngs so I think he's just mad that idiots are in charge of the democrat messaging, unlike him, the genius strategist married to another genius strategist.

(and he's correct inasmuch as the official democrat messaging about the economy is SHUT UP & EAT THE GRUEL BC IT'S ACTUALLY CAVIAR but just comes off as grumpy old has-been.)

even david axelrod thinks so.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
the shirt is mardi gras colors, just more of his louisiana/cajun branding

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/kingoflevant/status/1788956178489241734?t=8L4kK-3fGFRcmwngL3_QXg&s=19
:smith:

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

this old piece of poo poo needs to be launched into the sun

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Lord of Pie posted:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

carville learning that posting isn't praxis lol

"you can write articles and have a podcast and it doesn't matter" yeah no poo poo buddy maybe try helping people instead of genocide you ever think of that you dumb gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

"No, no, you see, the people are just concentrated in a camp that... poo poo, no, look, we can't be Nazis, we're Israeli!"

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/10/middleeast/israel-sde-teiman-detention-whistleblowers-intl-cmd/index.html

quote:

Strapped down, blindfolded, held in diapers: Israeli whistleblowers detail abuse of Palestinians in shadowy detention center
By CNN's International Investigations and Visuals teams
13 minute read
Updated 7:52 AM EDT, Sat May 11, 2024
Sde Teiman, Israel CNN —

At a military base that now doubles as a detention center in Israel’s Negev desert, an Israeli working at the facility snapped two photographs of a scene that he says continues to haunt him.

Rows of men in gray tracksuits are seen sitting on paper-thin mattresses, ringfenced by barbed wire. All appear blindfolded, their heads hanging heavy under the glare of floodlights.

A putrid stench filled the air and the room hummed with the men’s murmurs, the Israeli who was at the facility told CNN. Forbidden from speaking to each other, the detainees mumbled to themselves.

“We were told they were not allowed to move. They should sit upright. They’re not allowed to talk. Not allowed to peek under their blindfold.”

Guards were instructed “to scream uskot” – shut up in Arabic – and told to “pick people out that were problematic and punish them,” the source added.

CNN spoke to three Israeli whistleblowers who worked at the Sde Teiman desert camp, which holds Palestinians detained during Israel’s invasion of Gaza. All spoke out at risk of legal repercussions and reprisals from groups supportive of Israel’s hardline policies in Gaza.

They paint a picture of a facility where doctors sometimes amputated prisoners’ limbs due to injuries sustained from constant handcuffing; of medical procedures sometimes performed by underqualified medics earning it a reputation for being “a paradise for interns”; and where the air is filled with the smell of neglected wounds left to rot.