Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Also now that we have the benefit of hindsight concerning the votes on binus stagnating, I think we can agree there are two possibilities:

1. I am a stupid scum who held out a really long time only to hammer in a way that would bring a lot of tension to myself

2. All of the scum team were already on the binus vote and couldn't push it any further, meaning we should be looking at the four people who were voting before me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Also why would that clear me for you before binus flipped, only to be reversed by binus flipping as town. Was that a scum slip from tmi

?? No you were cleared by binus flipping. I was talking about my overnight thoughts.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Maugrim posted:

?? No you were cleared by binus flipping. I was talking about my overnight thoughts.

I see, the way it was worded it came across to me as you having cleared me before, and then overnight you thought maybe that was a mistake.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I'm reasonably sure you're town from your posting now so that's good.

Fool voting you out of the gate was odd, to be sure.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

In the last game fool and I played together, and fool was scum, he picked me out for the night kill specifically because he knew I would tunnel him.

I think this game he's taking a different approach by laying insurance suss on me early, which he is now cashing in on to get me executed that way Scum can get rid of two town and also resolve my tunneling

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

fool of sound posted:

##vote tpc

There was no reason not to let binus give their new reads.

This vote even betrays some self-consciousness through the tact on explanation that barely amounts to a real case day three

Like yes fool I am sure you were genuinely waiting with bated breath for 11 hours to see some gut reads that would immediately be forgotten by the next day

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I think it would have been useful to know what binus was thinking after moving off Obama, yes, especially given that there was ample time and it’s not like you’re forced to f5 the thread when there’s no activity. Do something else until deadline is approaching or binus posts.

What I think happened is that you were getting annoyed that nobody hammered for you after hours and hours of binus sitting at -1, and were worried about a last minute swerve as deadline approached.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Maug the idea that hammering clears tpc is pure wifom. It’s a bad scum move so people don’t suspect that scum will do it, making it in fact a good scum move.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
It lets scum cash out on a misyeet and generates “too dumb for scum” cred. It’s a plausibly deniable turbo.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Oh it also for tpc specifically lets them decouple themself from causing the noexe on d1 wrt to binus.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Also lol that tpc in the same breath votes me while theorizing that the scum in contained in the first four votes on binus

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

fool of sound posted:

Maug the idea that hammering clears tpc is pure wifom. It’s a bad scum move so people don’t suspect that scum will do it, making it in fact a good scum move.

It's not the hammering that clears him for me, it's the reluctance to do so in conjunction with then doing so out of impatience at the thread being dead. Scum would have just waited for deadline and "reluctantly" hammered for a flip.

You're making some weird cases here but apparently you two have history so I dunno if that makes you scum or two townies flailing at each other.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I'll reread later, want to see if my initial town read of Somber holds up. If it does I'm betting scum are all in salad / fos / cube

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

fool of sound posted:

What I think happened is that you were getting annoyed that nobody hammered for you after hours and hours of binus sitting at -1, and were worried about a last minute swerve as deadline approached.

Funniest thing you have ever posted, genuinely laughing out loud right now

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Oh no What if the person that has been -1 both today and yesterday doesn't get lunched, and there's a swerve even though there's no scuttle butt to that effect and no one has posted in like 4 hours

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Tea Party Crasher (1): fool of sound

Not Voting (6): CubicalSucrose, Maugrim, ObamaAkbar., saladscooper, Somberbrero, Tea Party Crasher

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 13th, 2024 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 8 hours.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

By the way scum you suck for killing YPM

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Eh not gonna lie I felt pretty stupid this morning. Saying that I’d rather be aggressively wrong than passively right. Apologies to binus though

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

YPM was an odd kill choice that’s for sure. Surely there was someone with more town reads on them that was a better target? Somber maybe?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Not sure of any read right now after being so incredibly wrong yesterday. Will have to have a deep dive later to reassess

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
I was playing sport this morning and afternoon. I have finished and will be eating. Going to read and such after.

TPC "too scummy to be scum?" Perhaps.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
If it's 3 scum, today is gently caress up and lose, correct?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

The thing is town power roles generally help route out scum while scum power roles are designed to thwart town power roles. Ergo I think an all vanilla game is more pro scum and having more than 2 in a 10 player game is unlikely.

Saying that I get quite anxious as a mod when people start setup speculating in my games and say things like ‘x and y can’t be true as that is terrible game design’ because often x and y are indeed true lmao. Anyway I won’t be mad circ if there are 3 scum players left

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Saying that I get quite anxious as a mod when people start setup speculating in my games and say things like ‘x and y can’t be true as that is terrible game design’ because often x and y are indeed true lmao. Anyway I won’t be mad circ if there are 3 scum players left

Big same.

Yeah obviously I was really wrong. Reevaluating my read on tpc I guess.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
It's late, Eurovision and all that, but I did some rereading. TPC and Obama get town passes from me. Fool I'm wavering on. Cube is perennially unreadable to me but is becoming my top candidate for scum just by default - fair bit of posting but little to no scum hunting.

The other outside possibility I can see is a Somber/salad pairing. I know Somber doesn't like to bus as scum which makes these sort of soft nudgy posts stand out to me:

Somberbrero posted:

yeah i'm comfy voting binus instead of salad i think

Somberbrero posted:

I feel so sure the salad vote is not it.

Time to sleep on it and maybe look at the vote patterns tomorrow.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Okay, I slept.

If there were 3 scum and both fos and TPC were town, scum could have rushed the vote and won by now. So if there are three scum, fos is probably one of them.

I think there are most likely 2 scum. But the fact that fool didn't think of that is a small point against him.

(Only a small point though, because Circl forgot to remove binus from the living players list at day open so it did look like the vote threshold was 5 rather than 4).

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Cursory look at cube hasn’t swayed me either way tbh. Saying that I found the below post interesting. Will need to do some more investigating later

CubicalSucrose posted:

Grill? I had reread all 3 of sombers posts and there hadn't really been anything that stood out as materially townie, so salad throwing that at the end of their post pinged me a bit.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Maugrim posted:

Okay, I slept.

If there were 3 scum and both fos and TPC were town, scum could have rushed the vote and won by now. So if there are three scum, fos is probably one of them.

I think there are most likely 2 scum. But the fact that fool didn't think of that is a small point against him.

(Only a small point though, because Circl forgot to remove binus from the living players list at day open so it did look like the vote threshold was 5 rather than 4).

Does this mean we can vote fool? :swoon:

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Looking at the current kill choices YPM and TMor were both pro eliminating salad so need to look there next I think. YPM was also floating a cube vote before being murdered.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Hi everyone I was busy moving out and driving the past couple days but now I'm at the new place.

You shouldn't kill me even though I'm lurking, and the reason why is because I'm town.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Gut still says there's scum in Obama/Cube/Maugrim but given that there's like only 2 that isn't really useful at all. I'm tied up all afternoon into the evening but I still have a couple hours this morning to read so I'll be doing that

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Posts of interest below:

Your Personal Muse posted:

For all you meta lovers out there, posting to appear helpful without pushing cases forward is scumcube.txt

If this was a role madness game, cube would be in the middle of theory crafting who has what roles, but in a way that did not reveal anyone’s alignment. Since this is ostensibly all vanilla (except me, I’m a day seer stump hypercharger), he’s relegated to posting votefinder over and over again

YPM also floated somber, not sure how serious this suggestion was though

Cube and somber sitting in a tree

S C U M I N G

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

I would be down to ##vote Cube

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Gotta say salad I’m pretty suspicious of on a reread, floats about all over the place early doors and then goes from defending cube like below:

saladscooper posted:

setting aside the verisimilitude of your claim, sir fool, what i purport to express is the folly of applying such postulates to our dominetic colleague

i.e. i don't think cube answering for other people is scummy behavior for cube

To suddenly being pro-cube elimination:

saladscooper posted:

could be down for a Cube swerve though. assuming we have the votes

saladscooper posted:

Agreed heavily on the first and third points. Cube is one of my top priorities for a vote today, the other being binus. Still pretty sus of Obama but I think I'd like to flip one of Cube/binus first.

saladscooper posted:

Gut still says there's scum in Obama/Cube/Maugrim but given that there's like only 2 that isn't really useful at all. I'm tied up all afternoon into the evening but I still have a couple hours this morning to read so I'll be doing that

This doesn’t feel organic to me. Hasn’t really posted a reason for wanting cube eliminated either

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
i forgot why i wanted to kill him yesterday but i'm assuming i had a good reason for it

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Gotta say salad I’m pretty suspicious of on a reread, floats about all over the place early doors and then goes from defending cube like below:

To suddenly being pro-cube elimination:

This doesn’t feel organic to me. Hasn’t really posted a reason for wanting cube eliminated either

I feel like it's pretty normal for people's gut reeds to change TBH.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

My feelings on salad are that they could be scum, but I believe they are town because Cube and fool are higher up on the scum list for me

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

I'm starting to get a more genuine town impression from Obama after the binus flip, but it could also be scum remaining active in controlling the conversation after getting their town target eliminated "unfortunately"

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Tea Party Crasher posted:

I feel like it's pretty normal for people's gut reeds to change TBH.

I get that but it doesn’t feel natural

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

saladscooper posted:

i forgot why i wanted to kill him yesterday but i'm assuming i had a good reason for it

So you don’t want to kill him anymore?