Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I know goblin products sell, but that poo poo is so bad that even I won't buy the singles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

It's a cute idea, they probably would have gotten sued over the objectively better Goblinstagram name, but using the thumbs up and heart icons as power and toughness is a terrible idea when they are where you'd expect the type line should be.

Thrun trolling everything with the last comment is great though.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
The goblins are funny and well executed but i wish they werent game pieces i think. they do get a big lol from me

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Time posted:

The goblins are funny and well executed but i wish they werent game pieces i think. they do get a big lol from me

That's where I'm at with basically every drop. The art is cool, but not as a game piece. Especially the drops where they don't even put the rules text on the card. Full art but completely standard templating is the aesthetic sweet spot for a card, for me

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

I would enjoy Secret Lair designs as posters or prints far more than cards

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Strong Sauce posted:

i'm going to let leperflesh chime in on this but i believe none of it is actually allowed regardless. none of the mods are going to go around policing the sites to check for it being okay/not okay.

Yeah that's basically it. From the forum rules:

Leperflesh posted:

:filez:

If a game is VERY out of print and unavailable, you can link to scans of rule books, components, etc. for your own use (e.g., non-commercial uses). Otherwise, do not link it. In border cases, please ask a mod first.

No one cares if your miniatures, wargaming gear, or proxy cards were made by the manufacturer or a helpful third party. However, discussing where goons can get them is out. Keep it off our forums.

The issue is that even if I, Leperflesh, take on the role of pretend lawyer and decide that one specific site is OK after reviewing that, it opens up the :can: that anyone can post any site and then engage in a debate with mods over whether it does or does not cross a line. Moreover, I'm not a lawyer, and neither are the other mods, so we could easily make a mistake. And on the gripping hand, Jeffrey doesn't want to get C&D letters, even if the site's actions would prevail in court. Hiring a lawyer to deal with a legal threat is a costly pain in the rear end.

so tl;dr, we all know that proxy sites exist, some of them are probably "ok" in some or many jurisdictions, and if you want to talk to people about that you can do it somewhere other than the open forums. But please don't direct people to actual web sites by name or URL in posts. Even if you're sure they're OK.

This is direct from Jeffrey, and is a site-wide rule, and if you find it onerous I'm sorry but I can't budge on it without the bossman's say-so.

tinaun posted:

People talked about MPCFill and the likes a few months ago without being probed, is this a new change? Or is talking about them still cool.

I missed that! Nobody reported it. I get that this site seems to be scrupulous, like if it were up to me I'd probably give it a pass. It's not up to me.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 10, 2024

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
i wish the goblingram cards had all the rules texts. there's room. ugh.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Jess Dunks responding to each post with the rules

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

I do like the Thrun bit but I'm still old fashioned and want all the rules text on cards.

Like, I won't even buy Doomskar Warrior because no version has reminder text for Backup:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

big cummers ONLY posted:

That's where I'm at with basically every drop. The art is cool, but not as a game piece. Especially the drops where they don't even put the rules text on the card. Full art but completely standard templating is the aesthetic sweet spot for a card, for me

I think textless full art is fine when the card is both iconic and has short rules text. But they've probably already made textless versions of all of those.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Textless cryptic command is still one of the funniest cards.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

For me it's gotta be textless omnath

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

For me it's gotta be textless omnath

textless omnath is the king of all crazy ones. though the new rankle i'll have no idea because i don't think i've ever seen it played.

would've been more fun if the comments came from like muxus or something instead of the other goblins. having half the rules text is so silly lol

Alan G
Dec 27, 2003
Everyone in my LGS knows me as "the goblin guy" and I won't be going loving near these abominations.

Also not sure if it's explicitly in the rules or not, but all those "comments" by other cards aren't italicised and are in the text area so are they reading as if they are the rules text for the card rather than flavour text?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Alan G posted:

Everyone in my LGS knows me as "the goblin guy" and I won't be going loving near these abominations.

Also not sure if it's explicitly in the rules or not, but all those "comments" by other cards aren't italicised and are in the text area so are they reading as if they are the rules text for the card rather than flavour text?

No, it's whatever it says on the Oracle text, and the Oracle text almost assuredly doesn't have Thrun flaming people.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

The Seedborn Muse is the only card I really want, so I'm thinking about buying a bundle and selling the rest.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Cactrot posted:

It's a cute idea, they probably would have gotten sued over the objectively better Goblinstagram name, but using the thumbs up and heart icons as power and toughness is a terrible idea when they are where you'd expect the type line should be.

Thrun trolling everything with the last comment is great though.

it is the first goblin secret lair I don't want. looks interesting but playing with them sounds terrible.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Alan G posted:

Everyone in my LGS knows me as "the goblin guy"

huge W

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Only if he plays goblins, otherwise it's quite cruel.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I'm almost immune to this Secret Lair. I can't stand the art for most of these, but I want that Feather Miku, and I bet it's probably going to cost roughly the same as the SL itself if bought as a single since the rest of the cards are pretty meh.

generatrix
Aug 8, 2008

Nothing hurts like a scrape
I like the idea and general layout of the Goblingram cards, but cutting off the rules text makes it a hard no.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.
Really dislike the trend of fake damage on cards (like the Propsperity). Going to guess Brash Taunter is the bonus card bashed on the comments.

E: I’m dum carry on.

Ulta fucked around with this message at 13:39 on May 11, 2024

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Ulta posted:

Really dislike the trend of fake damage on cards (like the Propsperity). Going to guess Brash Taunter is the bonus card based on the comments.

Brash Taunter is unlikely to be the bonus card as it's the first card in the set

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

mossyfisk posted:

lol

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

That sld will be 100% worth the unreadability if the bonus card is full art Thrun, the Last Troll as a basement dwelling goon posting through it all

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Ulta posted:

Really dislike the trend of fake damage on cards (like the Propsperity). Going to guess Brash Taunter is the bonus card bashed on the comments.

It's Thru, the troll commenting on everything

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Silhouette posted:

That sld will be 100% worth the unreadability if the bonus card is full art Thrun, the Last Troll as a basement dwelling goon posting through it all

It'll look just like those foil misprints with a fully reflective surface.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

As far as not putting the rules text on the cards go, the ‘more’ link is absolutely the funniest way to do it.

Alan G
Dec 27, 2003

mossyfisk posted:

lol, in every format. Think I have 4 different mono red edh decks too for fun times. Used to maindeck blood moon in modern which caused the right level of annoyance from people because "thats a sideboard card, so I shouldnt have lost to it etc". Back in PPTQ seasons a friend who was always on control and I switched decks before round 1 and both got free wins cos our opponents kept hands assuming we would be on our usual nonsense :D

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I played a draft in Arena against a guy named "IOnlyPlayGruul." He had drafted a Gruul deck. That's dedication.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011

Alan G posted:

Everyone in my LGS knows me as "the goblin guy"

what are you known for goblin up?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Chamale posted:

I played a draft in Arena against a guy named "IOnlyPlayGruul." He had drafted a Gruul deck. That's dedication.

Respect.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Party Miser posted:

what are you known for goblin up?

These play pointz

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Wow this is cool if real

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

That is kind of nuts if it is legit. Talk about creature value creep though. A decade ago that would've cost 2WW minimum.

At least they were smart enough to make the creature type Spirit rather than Human.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
noted reserved list card Thunder Spirit in shambles rn

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I wonder if Knights might replace w humans/UW soldiers after rotation.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

even works as a tempo play turn 3 after a rattlechains

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Khanstant posted:

I wonder if Knights might replace w humans/UW soldiers after rotation.

I can imagine it being a theme in bloomburrow, but you should note that if that card's real it's for MH3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
That looks crazy strong wtf