Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Tarkus posted:

The question I ask is, is it one person who moved chairs or two people with poo poo cracks?

Punished Ape posted:

"My son, when you saw only one poo poo stain, it was then that I -" *prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpttttlpplplplp*

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:lolrudy: If you went up to someone on the street and told them "hey I'm a moderator on somethingawful.com," they would be far from impressed. In fact, they'd probably go tell their freinds how much of a loving loser you are. :lolrudy:

the_good_life posted:

I know this will probably be deleted quick and may lead to my banning but frankly I don't even care at this point. The people who ran NMP3s absolutely disgust me and I have some things I need to get off my chest.

Let's start from the beginning. I pay 10 bucks to join the forum, and head over to NMP3s to get me some free music. Not saying it is my right to have free music, but since I paid my 10 bucks I feel as though I had just the same right as anyone else. Somebody on there has just put up an album but Medeski, Martin, and Wood and want to thank him becuase I really had wanted that album. On the bottom of the screen, there are two options, "reply" and "post." Being totally new to these forums, I clicked post and accidently made a new thread. I immediately edited the post saying oops I made a newbie mistake. Despite this, I got over 20 comments telling me how much of an idiot I am and got put on probation. Real great people eh?

Following this, I immediately began noticing other things about the people at NMP3s. They remind me of some older totalitarian governments. They can say/do whatever they want, but if you make one little mistake or speak out against them, bam you're banned, consider your money wasted. I know the response to this will be "well it's their forum and they are helping you get free music so they can do whatever they want." And the answer to this is yes, they can, but morally, it is still wrong. Just becuase you have something to offer me does not mean I will stand for you being a total rear end in a top hat to me. I do not order a magazine subscription and expect them to start insulting me after the first couple issues, and then when I complain about this have them tell me shut up or we will cancel your subscription. That is just wrong. The type of governments that they remind me of were found to be in total defiance of all morals hundreds of years ago.

I lived with this, though, and never spoke out against them. I did, however, witness tons of my peers on the forums banned for small things such as pasting in one of their "moderator only" forums, instead of just deleting the post, telling them not to to it again, and moving on. I also saw a few posts in which they were put in their place for being assholes. These posts did not last more than a few minutes, and lead to the quick banning of the member who posted it. Those of us who could see the wrong in this endeavor were dropping like flies.

I kept quiet all the way till the end. I even contibuted tons of music. I think a total of 15 different things to the list. Most of which were request fills. All of which were things I know had not been previously added to the file servers. When it came time to invite people to their new location, I recieved no invitation. The told us that even those who had contributed just a little would be invited over. Apparently my large contributions did not meet this requirement. I did not even recieve a simple explanation for my snubbing. I just got the cold shoulder for no apparent reason.

It was at this point I realized I had wasted my money. Yes I did enjoy reading some of the things featured in this forum, but I came for the music. All I had gotten was pissed off several times, and some music I could have gotten elsewhere. I came becuase I liked the idea of a community of music fans sharing their favorite artists with others. It's alot better than typing a band or song into a search window. This was ruined for me ut the moderators on their power trip. I hope they read this so maybe, just maybe, they will come off their pedestal and realize moderator on an internet message board gives them no power or respect in real life. If you went up to someone on the street and told them "hey I'm a moderator on somethingawful.com," they would be far from impressed. In fact, they'd probably go tell their freinds how much of a loving loser you are.

In closing, I know their are some people on these formus who are not assholes, and I am sure most of the moderators here are not bad people, so don't take what I said about the ones from NMP3s as an insult. It is, as the post topic says, a rant.

Also, I know this will probably be deleted and I will probably be banned, but that doesn't bother me. I don't want to be here anymore, it just reminds me of how screwed over I was by NMP3s. Also, I am a university student, so my IP address changes every time I turn my computer on, so pretty much you can't get rid of me as long as I'm willing to pay another 10 bucks. So, I wish you all a good day, and I thank you for reading this far.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Knormal posted:

All Cops Are Baptists?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Excellent ad placement.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Excellent ad placement.

i laughed but its a link to another article

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

ben shapino posted:

i laughed but its a link to another article
That's ... still an ad

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
If those had been pork chops... hoo boy

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

Real hurthling! posted:

saw a guy parking a porsche with the vanity plate: 79 AD so i expected this to be some "fortune favors the bold" quipping pliny the elder cosplayer but when i said "like Vesuvius?" as i walked by and pointed at the car he ignored me so its probably just his birthday and initials or hes too cool for pedestrian captain obvious idk.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

he was right to ignore you. who goes for Vesuvius, when that's the year Vespasian died of diarrhea?

Cerebral Bore posted:

the year of the two fatal eruptions

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If he’d meant the year, he would have put “AD 79”. :colbert:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Surely you mean CE.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

In AD 2101 war was beginning

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:nurgle: im smarter than you :nurgle:

rekka_tenma posted:

i know the answers to the questions you have asked and science cant explain. I also know the real answers to questions that science pretends to answer for you.

ask me

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

EorayMel posted:

:nurgle: im smarter than you :nurgle:

science why did my dad never come back from the corner store

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Arivia posted:

you're unlovable.

next question

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Arivia posted:

Because you live here:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Because you live here:

Some say he's still walking to this day, wondering when he'll reach the corner.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

The Lone Badger posted:

Some say he's still walking to this day, wondering when he'll reach the corner.

This is the hidden price of woke cities. Many such cases

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Hyperlynx posted:

I always will remember - it was a year ago November - I went out to hunt some deer on a morning bright and clear. I went and shot the maximum the game laws would allow: two game wardens, seven hunters, and a cow. I was in no mood to trifle. I took down my trusty rifle and went out to stalk my prey. What a haul I made that day! I tied them to my fender, and I drove them home somehow.

The law was very firm. It took away my permit - the worst punishment I'd ever endured. It turned out there was a reason: cows were out of season, and one of the hunters wasn't insured :rolleyes:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Also

Howard Beale posted:

How'd you do it?

Hyperlynx posted:

There's nothing to it! You just stand there looking cute, and when something moves you shoot.

e: vvvvvvv dang how old are you even Hyperlynx?????

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 21:18 on May 14, 2024

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQyoSLOlglw

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Shithouse Dave posted:

Northern Italians can be fairly blonde

3D Megadoodoo posted:

You can't be non-fairly blonde.

ESDK posted:

I didn't know the Four Non-Blondes were from Italy.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

And I said

eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Biplane posted:

This is the hidden price of woke cities. Many such cases
Edge cases

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Splicer posted:

Edge cases

Bono you don't.

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Rozzbot posted:

Can someone explain this one for the geographically challenged?

Rubber Chicken posted:

It's all hosed up, op

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I like the newer, more supportive Illinois 👍

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Inditucky

North and South Alagia

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I like Inditucky's finger guns

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Captain Hygiene posted:

I like the newer, more supportive Illinois 👍

Trying to picture what downstate Illinois would be collectively furious over if Chicago were annexed by Wisconsinnasota

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
It looks like the person drawing the map started on the west coast and just got lazy as they went

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
michigans annexation of wisconsin im ok with

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Last Call posted:

They did something to Cliffjumper but I can't put my finger on it:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/276957?o=1

And yes it has a car mode.

Captain Invictus posted:

ahahahahahahaha

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I feel like they should have gone all in and made the tires her rear end.

Cowardice, really.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Carbooburetors

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

well. there's your problem

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:trumpdrugs: Searching. Archives. Wasting our precious time. :trumpdrugs:

pdizzle posted:

Well I can see this is just turning out to be one big pile on Dizzle party.

I am not that bad of a person, and yes $20 bucks is very important to me and that is how much I paid.

But from what I can read you people dont give a flyin leap if someones satisfied with the money they put up for it. I know I know I know SHUT THE gently caress UP!

Thought this was a place were really cool people hung out made each other laugh and that was that. I was wrong.

Nope not gettin EMO just makin a statement, but everyone here just wants to hop on me for basically nothing.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

michigans annexation of wisconsin im ok with

Is it Michiconsin or Wisconchigan?

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Stink Billyums posted:

"Set on a long-haul flight where the entertainment system fails, the film will see passengers forced to face the horror of being bored"

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1790610989437632819

TIP posted:

no stakes on a plane

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Literally A Person posted:

It looks like the person drawing the map started on the west coast and just got lazy as they went
As opposed to the real US mapmaker who started on the east coast and got lazy as they went.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
You got a problem with squares?