Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Hughlander posted:

Skipping most of the content for thread rule reasons but...

Devin! my ex who cheated on me with my mom and received gonorrhea from her.

Devin! my ex who cheated on me with my mom and received gonorrhea from her. Update: even though it has almost been 8 years, Devin has not changed. -

Don't go chasing down the original unless you want bummers just keep with mocking Devin.

This is a hard read don't google it and if you do have fun figuring out the correct order of the 10? posts this person made. If it's fake it's well done and still oooof. Between the content and having to navigate Reddit this isn't a fun read.

EDIT: it is an engaging read so if you can handle it? why not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Desert Bus posted:

This is a hard read don't google it and if you do have fun figuring out the correct order of the 10? posts this person made. If it's fake it's well done and still oooof. Between the content and having to navigate Reddit this isn't a fun read.

EDIT: it is an engaging read so if you can handle it? why not

I did preface it with that and then postfixed it as well... So that's on you!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Hughlander posted:

I did preface it with that and then postfixed it as well... So that's on you!

Entirely on me.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Man gets ready to try One Weird Trick, is fortunately talked out of it in the comments.

How dumb is it to intentionally lose my house to foreclosure?

quote:

In Virginia.

Caught my fiancé cheating on me and am pulling the plug.

I own the house and she’s never paid a bill, but this is her mailing address. We’ve fought to the point of breaking up before in the past and, during those fights, she made clear her intention to squat for 6-12 months of if I try to evict her and steal all my stuff.

Under different circumstances, I would just evict and move on. But she is physically abusive and I know 1000% I will not be alive by the time she has to leave unless I get out.

She has nowhere to go (dude she’s cheating with is a now married ex of hers) and she has no one to help her. I don’t care anymore about any of that, she made her (ex’s) bed, just saying it to support the fact that I know she isn’t leaving this house willingly. But, when she finally figures out she’s screwed I know she’s going to come for me.

I have family in another state. I am considering moving in with them, stopping payments on the house (saving it for when I have to pay it back) and intentionally taking the massive financial hit of foreclosure and losing absolutely everything just to get out with my life.

I’ve had the house a year and saw that deficiency fees are 5-7% ($17k-$30k, didn’t do the math just guessing). I can manage that plus whatever hit to my already bad credit.

Obviously can’t afford an attorney right now and even if I could I won’t be in VA.

I bought the house for us and her two kids so I don’t need or even want it after this. I can’t live in this state anymore now anyway out of fear.

I know this is nuking my own life, but I don’t see any other options. I have a decent job and think I can recover in a few years.

My questions are:
- what else should I be preparing for if I do this?
- is it illegal to just save the money to help pay my foreclosure debt instead of paying the mortgage?

And yeah, before anyone asks, once I’m safe and all is said and done, I’m finding ex’s wife and sending her the screenshots.

EDIT: Found out like 3 hours ago and it’s her daughter’s birthday so my bad for not doing the math or not thinking clearly. My life is destroyed and I’m focusing on how to make sure it doesn’t end and I can still come back from it.

Also, I don’t care to ever own a house again. I’m fine renting. Not worried about what this means to future partners, creditors, etc. I need just need out.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Figures I'm finding for the UK say he's below the median for household income. He beats the median individual income.

But context matters. I'd assume his income doesn't let you live anywhere that isn't rat-infested in the heart of London, but is probably a comfortable amount if he's somewhere more rural.

£25K anywhere in the UK these days isn't much to shout about, given the cost of rent/petrol/food. Unless he is very lucky and has a landlord that hasn't increased his rent since pre-Covid, he'll be paying about 40% of his salary for a room in a house share if he's in a city.

Rent up here in Glasgow and its' outlying towns (many of which had been traditionally very cheap places to rent or buy) have almost doubled since 2010, while wages have stagnated, and that pattern has repeated all over the UK. They are building like crazy, but it is either cramped studio-flat complexes exclusively marketed to students in the city centres, or giant 5-bed new builds on the rural outskirts that start at £400,000.

Either way, if you're on £25K as a full time worker, you ain't getting either of them. Housing in the UK is hosed.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Irisi posted:

£25K anywhere in the UK these days isn't much to shout about, given the cost of rent/petrol/food. Unless he is very lucky and has a landlord that hasn't increased his rent since pre-Covid, he'll be paying about 40% of his salary for a room in a house share if he's in a city.

Rent up here in Glasgow and its' outlying towns (many of which had been traditionally very cheap places to rent or buy) have almost doubled since 2010, while wages have stagnated, and that pattern has repeated all over the UK. They are building like crazy, but it is either cramped studio-flat complexes exclusively marketed to students in the city centres, or giant 5-bed new builds on the rural outskirts that start at £400,000.

Either way, if you're on £25K as a full time worker, you ain't getting either of them. Housing in the UK is hosed.

It's absolutely mad. In 2018 I was able to get a two bedroom flat in a nice bit of Nottingham for £625 a month. Now you'll pay £200 more than that, you MIGHT get a one bed for the same price. £25k a year means you're taking home about £1.800 (as long as you're not paying into a pension, which you should be but I get why you might not on that salary). It's like... call centre supervisor level of money while the OP is on mid ranking civil servant money. I cannot imagine being on anything less than six figures and bothering with a prenup, what does this guy think is going to happen to him?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Fil5000 posted:

It's absolutely mad. In 2018 I was able to get a two bedroom flat in a nice bit of Nottingham for £625 a month. Now you'll pay £200 more than that, you MIGHT get a one bed for the same price. £25k a year means you're taking home about £1.800 (as long as you're not paying into a pension, which you should be but I get why you might not on that salary). It's like... call centre supervisor level of money while the OP is on mid ranking civil servant money. I cannot imagine being on anything less than six figures and bothering with a prenup, what does this guy think is going to happen to him?

It's his mum wants the prenup.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Are prenups even a thing here in the UK?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

YerDa Zabam posted:

Are prenups even a thing here in the UK?

I mean there's nothing stopping you from making one but it's only going to be as enforcable as existing precendent allows it to be. You might try saying "I will not pay any child support if we have any kids" but if it goes to court a judge will go "nah, you're paying the government specified amount for your salary". Which is basically what I understand the situation to be with prenups in general, you can't sign away your existing legal protections.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Irisi posted:

Recently on the most money I've ever been on and it's £24,000. We are managing to save but gently caress me only because all the houses around us are pretty much in dead pit villages.

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Kenshin posted:

Is a 25k pound salary...a lot? That seems like near poverty line wages

It’s not a lot but it’s honestly not that far off what a lot of graduates can expect to make out of university. The UK exists in a special kind of hosed where wages are seriously suppressed in comparison to North America but the price of everything is higher. For comparison the median household income in the province in Canada where my wife is from is near enough double the median household income in Scotland where im from and everything feels bonkers cheap over there compared to what I’m used to. Heck when she came over to study here and transferred her Apple employment for the duration she was essentially taking a 50% pay cut.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Hughlander posted:

Skipping most of the content for thread rule reasons but...

Devin! my ex who cheated on me with my mom and received gonorrhea from her.

Devin! my ex who cheated on me with my mom and received gonorrhea from her. Update: even though it has almost been 8 years, Devin has not changed. -

Don't go chasing down the original unless you want bummers just keep with mocking Devin.

drat, that’s quite a tale!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The UK is effectively a third world country at this point.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Ghost Leviathan posted:

A third world country where most of the inhabitants still seem to think they rule an empire.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Quackles posted:

Tech workers in the UK are underpaid.

Yeah, that's somehow less than the first entry level IT job I got out of college 16 years ago

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

americans work for money, brits do it for king and country

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

mllaneza posted:

Appallingly poor play by whichever partner has black.

(The two center white groups are dead, black is winning by A Lot)

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Kenshin posted:

Is a 25k pound salary...a lot? That seems like near poverty line wages

I have people 'in IT' on my team his exact age and they earn twice that (fulltime remote working too). 33 is not a graduate age, and we hire on graduates at age 23 for 25k. Bigger cities and especially London you'd be on even more. Depending on area you can live on £25k though, but it's definitely waaaay on the low end for most civilized places, and on the low end for 'IT' of any kind. There won't be a ton of tax or deductions on that little amount though; effective 13% taxes, plus 3% (?) pension contributions unless he opts out. And technically he will have free basic healthcare and dental and more PTO than most US citizens could ever dream of.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Ghost Leviathan posted:

we were always a poorly-developed country, just sometimes we hid it by stealing poo poo from other places

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

cynic posted:

I have people 'in IT' on my team his exact age and they earn twice that (fulltime remote working too). 33 is not a graduate age, and we hire on graduates at age 23 for 25k. Bigger cities and especially London you'd be on even more. Depending on area you can live on £25k though, but it's definitely waaaay on the low end for most civilized places, and on the low end for 'IT' of any kind. There won't be a ton of tax or deductions on that little amount though; effective 13% taxes, plus 3% (?) pension contributions unless he opts out. And technically he will have free basic healthcare and dental and more PTO than most US citizens could ever dream of.

i'm working in tech on 25k and living in london and i'm as old as balls but in my defence i'm a huge fuckup

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i'm working in tech on 25k and living in london and i'm as old as balls but in my defence i'm a huge fuckup

If you're in London then I believe you'd be as old as bollocks.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Batterypowered7 posted:

If you're in London then I believe you'd be as old as bollocks.

we never mind those here

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

Runcible Cat posted:

A third world country where most of the inhabitants still seem to think they rule an empire.

What does Texas have to do with this discussion?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Moon Slayer posted:

Man gets ready to try One Weird Trick, is fortunately talked out of it in the comments.

How dumb is it to intentionally lose my house to foreclosure?

Is the one weird trick ignoring the rule about posting obvious abuse stories?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Texas makes the UK look like fuckin shangri-la

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

My (25F) fiancé (28M) pees in bottles and I have no idea what to do to make him stop. Has anyone else ever dealt with this? Have you been able to stop the behaviour without leaving them? We’ve been together for 9 years

quote:

I was looking for a charger for one of my electronics and found an ENTIRE CABINET in our bedroom full of sealed pee-filled bottles (and I’m talking FULL full, not half full or less. They’re all 1.89L iced tea bottles and the long Gatorade bottles with the orange twist cap). It’s gross to consider how long he’s been doing this without me knowing, and how long they’ve been there before I found them (I never go into that cabinet, searching for my charger was a one-off thing) and I honestly have no idea in hell how I’ve never noticed a smell, even through a seal.

Whenever I bring it up and tell him to empty them, he just tells me to shut up and stop nagging him, or to deal with it because “sometimes I just don’t want to get up” (to which I say - TO BAD?? YOURE AN ADULT??).

I’ve even been told by him that if I have a problem with it, I should clean it. And I would, if it was something normal like water that had been left a bit to long or something like that. But I’m not touching someone else’s piss. That’s disgusting. And I’m his fiancé, not his mom. I shouldn’t have to empty out pee bottles because a 28 year old is too lazy to get out of bed at night.

Am I in the wrong here?? Am I just complaining to others that also do this?? Has anyone who doesn’t pee in bottles ever dealt with this??

I have no idea what to do. We’ve been together for 9 years, I don’t want the relationship to go to poo poo because of this (tried bringing it up that way and I’m just called dramatic and told to shut up). I knew he did this as a teenager while living at his parents house, but I just kind of shrugged it off as just something some teenage boys do. But to keep doing it when you’re almost 30….

He's aging the pee like wine, OP. Get over it :rolleyes:

But in all seriousness, OP clarifies that she and her fiancé live together in tiny apartment. How has she never noticed the cabinet before? Also his excuse is that he's afraid of the dark, but the bathroom light is on at night. So i dunno.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

DemoneeHo posted:

My (25F) fiancé (28M) pees in bottles and I have no idea what to do to make him stop. Has anyone else ever dealt with this? Have you been able to stop the behaviour without leaving them? We’ve been together for 9 years

But in all seriousness, OP clarifies that she and her fiancé live together in tiny apartment. How has she never noticed the cabinet before? Also his excuse is that he's afraid of the dark, but the bathroom light is on at night. So i dunno.

I was gonna say dump them on him, but they understandably don't want to touch them. I dunno, maybe wage a full on media war against him so that everyone in his life knows he's a pissbottle hoarder, in preparation for removing him from your life.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Nephzinho posted:

(The two center white groups are dead, black is winning by A Lot)

Oh, well-spotted.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

we never mind those here

:eyepop:

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

DemoneeHo posted:

You've been together for twice as long as you've been an adult and he's storing piss. Leave.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Could be worse.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

DemoneeHo posted:

The real question is what condition are his dress shirts in?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

DemoneeHo posted:

No, keeping a cabinet filled with piss jugs is not "just something some teenage boys do". What the gently caress.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Is this some kind of fetish? I can dimly understand reinventing the chamberpot, but how do you go from there to "but I must preserve it forever"?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Could be worse.

Poop buckets? :ohdear:

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Poop socks.

quote:

"About 6 years ago my sister had the terrible misfortune of dating a guy that
should would later come to regret. She had been dating "Chad" for little over a
year. I had always thought the guy to be kind of a jerk, but I was her older
brother, so naturally I would think that way."

"Anyway, the more she got to know the guy the more she had realized all the
strange nuances and quirks that he had. He had to have his bed made just a
certain way every day, or he couldn't leave the house. He had some strange
things that he would have to do before he left his house in the morning. Like
turning off light switches in a particular order your basic
obsessive-compulsive disorder kind of guy."

"Well my sister thought most of this was tolerable and she could deal with it
for the time being. During the summer she and Chad had decided to go to the
lake to do some swimming, he was downstairs getting the rest of his stuff ready
for their trip to the lake."

"She had gone up to his room to change and realized she didn't bring anything
with her to put her bathing suit and other things in. She had remembered that
she bought him a nice Nike duffel bag for Christmas a few months prior, she had
looked around the room and in his closets for the bag, but it was nowhere to be
found. Lastly she looked under the bed to see if it had been stowed there, sure
enough, it was right there the whole time."

"She pulled out the bag and decided to empty the contents so she could put her
things in it. Much to her surprise it was filled with socks, filled entirely
with socks that is. My sister told me that she almost dismissed the fact that
the bag was full of them, but her thoughts quickly changed when she picked one
of them up and it was heavy and sort of "clumpy" She lifted the sock up only to
have the contents fall to the floor. Much to her dismay she realized that Chad
had been storing his turds in his socks. Yep, the same duffel bag that she had
given to him for Christmas just a few months before was now being used to house
his excrement's."

"Being a person of sound mind she knew this obviously wasn't proper behavior.
She immediately confronted him and he pretty much lost it, as would anybody who
got caught hiding turds in socks under your bed. It didn't really end there,
she tried to break up with him and he had a nervous break down, then after that
we never really heard from him again."

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Is this some kind of fetish? I can dimly understand reinventing the chamberpot, but how do you go from there to "but I must preserve it forever"?

Autism or ADHD can contribute to this kind of behavior. The guy needs to a see a therapist at the very least, but more than likely needs to talk to an actual psychiatrist.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Funko! Pops.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
Funko poops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist banana bread
Dec 17, 2023