Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

redshirt posted:

Oh my god, I think the word "Dongle" is funny too.

Am I Musking? Do I have the Musk???!

Question: Do immigrants make you feel "!!" or "conerning"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

WhyteRyce posted:

Still hilarious to me that tweeting at Elon is the commonly understood way to get help

Sure is a shame there isn't a federal agency that can protect these people from obviously flawed products.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

how much has Tesla stock lost in the last six months

Not enough

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kazil posted:

Question: Do immigrants make you feel "!!" or "conerning"?

I welcome them and all their delicious native cuisines!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

redshirt posted:

Oh my god, I think the word "Dongle" is funny too.

Am I Musking? Do I have the Musk???!

Yes. I'm afraid it's terminal (sounds of me tapping on a syringe but also of a shotgun cocking)

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

redshirt posted:

I welcome them and all their delicious native cuisines!

What if they're British?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bertha the Toaster posted:

What if they're British?

Except the British. And the Dutch.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the macbook thing is pretty rich considering musk is tooo loving stupid to let a windows laptop set itself up.

also has such a tiny ego he has to talk about setting it up himself instead of the help.

051024_2
May 10, 2024

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:12 on May 12, 2024

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Sir Tonk posted:

Didn't apple go back on their usbc only thing and add hdmi and stuff back to the macbook pro?

And besides if you're the kind of person that likes overpaying for computers then you're fine with buying a bag of dongles

I have a dual monitor setup at home with my work laptop and am still amazed that on top of the monitor from the HDMI port I can run a full extra monitor and accessories out of a USB port.

A bit tangental to the conversation, but as a goon who still associates attaching monitors with tightening those VGA screws it always impresses me how user friendly and flexible tech has got

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Senor Tron posted:

I have a dual monitor setup at home with my work laptop and am still amazed that on top of the monitor from the HDMI port I can run a full extra monitor and accessories out of a USB port.

A bit tangental to the conversation, but as a goon who still associates attaching monitors with tightening those VGA screws it always impresses me how user friendly and flexible tech has got

Lol, yes. My normal videogame setup got disrupted yesterday, and I had fun connecting my Switch via USB power->HDMI->VGA adapter to play some games on an ancient monitor. Fun times mixing old and new tech! :awesomelon:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I have one of those 14" portable monitors you can get on Amazon and it's a champ. It's razor thin, has mini-HDMI, powers off 2 amp USB-C, and I think I paid under $100 for it

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

WhyteRyce posted:

Still hilarious to me that tweeting at Elon is the commonly understood way to get help

he should really have bought a proper automobile

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

crispix posted:

he should really have bought a proper automobile

He should have just let the truck signal by itself

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 17:13 on May 12, 2024

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
why are they @ing musk on mom's day, dont they know musk is having a symphony of flavors with a mom's day meal.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

When he said "you won't care," he was right, because they all still love the truck!

raifield
Feb 21, 2005
How the hell is a ball joint failing so quickly? Why is everything to do with this so unsurprisingly stupid?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

raifield posted:

How the hell is a ball joint failing so quickly? Why is everything to do with this so unsurprisingly stupid?

We innovated the ball joint by redesigning it from the ground up, asking ourselves, "what would Ford or Toyota do to design a ball joint?"
Then we did the opposite of that, that's just the kind of innovation you get at Tesla.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
How would they remove spraypaint from stainless steel? The vandals seem to have discovered one of the many cybertruck Achilles heels lol

Normally I am just disgusted by vandalizing someone’s car but in this case I definitely will make an exception

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

raifield posted:

How else are they supposed to learn how to make more robust ball joints? You won't find this level of technical expertise at traditional vehicle manufacturers

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
It's probably made out of plastic lol

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Lmao ball joint, that's what she said 🤣🤣🔥 bazinga

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

dog ball meme with the dog's balls labeled as ball joint :elon:

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Waiting for the secret code so your Cybertruck makes a fart noise every time something breaks.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
There another secret lair after that. Drive 3 hours with the fart noise enabled and it switches to the Price is Right wrong choice musical sting.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

My hopes the Cybertruck is the proximate cause of killing Tesla and ousting Musk are rising

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
we turned the ball into a tube, sticking it to Big Ball Joint. Move fast and break things, thinking outside the ball!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Senor Tron posted:

Same. It still feels weirdly unsecure to not be able to fasten the cable properly.

Sometimes no amount of user friendliness helps. I bought a new monitor around new year's and had to spend some panicky and anxiety filled hours asking for help over in the monitor thread because I thought I had bought a too new monitor that couldn't be plugged into my computer. Turns out there were just some plastic plugs on the graphics card covering up the newer connection ports.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Senor Tron posted:

Remember how those fuckin screw terminals would sometimes themselves get unscrewed when you were detaching a vga/dvi cable? God I hated that poo poo.

HDMI was kind of annoying that it had no click or anything and could get tugged out really easily by accident but DisplayPort seems pretty good now!

roffles
Dec 25, 2004

poisonpill posted:

My hopes the Cybertruck is the proximate cause of killing Tesla and ousting Musk are rising

I still can't believe he almost literally built a Homer down to the price

simpsons wiki posted:

The sticker price for The Homer, as stated in both The Simpsons Hit and Run and "O Brother Where Art Thou?", was $82,000

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

priznat posted:

could get tugged out really easily

Same

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

What kind of rear end in a top hat actually screwed in their vga cable

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

WhyteRyce posted:

What kind of rear end in a top hat actually screwed in their vga cable

Dudes at work would do that all the time on the bmc vga connectors and it was super annoying because the servers would be shifted around on benches every other week so we’re constantly plugging and unplugging

I just removed the screws on the cables

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I always screw in rs232s

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

priznat posted:

Remember how those fuckin screw terminals would sometimes themselves get unscrewed when you were detaching a vga/dvi cable? God I hated that poo poo.

HDMI was kind of annoying that it had no click or anything and could get tugged out really easily by accident but DisplayPort seems pretty good now!

HDMI was? Is there a new display adapter now?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

ilmucche posted:

HDMI was? Is there a new display adapter now?

It still is but I have DisplayPort on most stuff now

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

HDMI is for babies, when you grow up you use DisplayPort

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

priznat posted:

How would they remove spraypaint from stainless steel? The vandals seem to have discovered one of the many cybertruck Achilles heels lol
It would actually be easier than with normal car paint because organic solvents that dissolve paint (especially acetone) are more likely to react with clear coat and car paint than stainless steel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

How are these tires destroyed so fast