Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There's like one half decent dad in the entire Warhammer canons and he's a Skaven of all things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I believe it was Hired Gun where the way you "hack" a servitor that handles a door is you just start smacking thier head around yelling "OPEN THE drat DOOR"

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's like one half decent dad in the entire Warhammer canons and he's a Skaven of all things.

Lord Gnawdwell posted:

"You were so magnificent when I found you, the biggest in your litter, and they were all large before you ate them. I raised you, I fed you the best Dwarf-meat and Man-flesh. And you have become even more magnificent. Such courage. There is none other like you, Queek. You are unnaturally brave. Others think you freakish for leading from the front, not the back. But I do not. I am proud of my Queek."

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Hihohe posted:

also if you go slanesh you get the coolest model in the entire loving game

Someone hire Astartes to do a movie which is basically this guy on a Battlefield and hes playing the entire of Freebird.
Like The Kingsman church scene, but this guy just rocking/killing out Imperial Guards or whatever.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I kind of regret reading the servitor human factory thing, thread.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Tree Bucket posted:

:drivermoregif:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tree Bucket posted:

Dont worry there is a way to end this. A cause that is just and right. Committed to the endless war that will be required. Ready to spill blood to cherish the sacrifice of these skulls.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

40k writers: turning a big dial taht says 'Fascism' on it and constantly looking back at the audience for approval like a contestant on the price is right.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Barudak posted:

Dont worry there is a way to end this. A cause that is just and right. Committed to the endless war that will be required. Ready to spill blood to cherish the sacrifice of these skulls.

OH BOY. I hope this doesn't involve me having tubes welded into places I didn't previously have places.

Strategic Tea posted:

40k writers: turning a big dial taht says 'Fascism' on it and constantly looking back at the audience for approval like a contestant on the price is right.

You mean disapproval, right?
Right?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Strategic Tea posted:

They keep breaking the knob, requesting more Fascism dials.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

THE BAR posted:

They keep breaking the knob, requesting more condemned people to surgically convert into Fascism dials.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
The underfoot grinders are so loving funny. Just Tom & Jerry level stuff.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

the trap door opens and I'm standing on thin air. the guard points to my feet and I look down. I audibly blink and hold up a sign that says "for the emperor" and then fall to my doom

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Disco Pope posted:

It is until you remember Corpse Starch is a staple food on many worlds of the Imperium…

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Yvonmukluk posted:

It is until you remember Corpse Starch is a staple food on many worlds of the Imperium…

It's great - just that pure, bleakly comic UK pulp sci-fi like 2000 AD and stuff.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Disco Pope posted:

That's where the meat mentioned in the narration of that quote comes from.

Corpse starch is people.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

bob dobbs is dead posted:

a lot of all warhams is about the worthlessness of fathers in many many ways

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAFvQzSwIEM

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

a lot of all warhams is about the worthlessness of fathers in many many ways

Abaddon the Despoiler in Fall of Cadia posted:

I've disappointed you, Morkarth. But, in my experience, that is what fathers do.

This is not a minute after he abandons her to die and denies her final wish of him acknowledging her as his daughter.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Is this Warhammer wrestling? Sign me the gently caress up.

EDIT: Is it just wrestlers playing Warhammer? That sucks, slam that fucker through the scenery table, you cowards. Pull a folding chair out from some nerds rear end and clock him with it.

Disco Pope fucked around with this message at 14:21 on May 13, 2024

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Disco Pope posted:

No it's wrestlers playing Warhammer.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Gripweed posted:

No it's wrestlers playing Warhammer.

Yeah, the other way round is much cooler.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Omg :kimchi:

How have I never heard of this character before??? What materials is this dad in?

naem
May 29, 2011

Tree Bucket posted:

every single warham faction:

“are we the baddies?”

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

naem posted:

every single warham faction:

“are we the baddies?”

False, orks are very aware the only true question is, "are we the most awesome guys?".

They're very fortunate that they are, really.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Omg :kimchi:

How have I never heard of this character before??? What materials is this dad in?

warhams fantasy, not 40k. skaven, which is a signature warhams fantasy and aos faction not replicated in 40k (they thought about it in the 90s and decided no. also the joke is that the imperium is the 40k equivalent, which has its points). main books is thanquol's doom and headtaker, which is a character study of queek. specific quote is from rise of the horned rat

the skaven are an entire race of backstabbing little rats, who have as a central tenet of their religion backstabbing. clan mors are heretics that believe in loyalty, and gnawdwell is the lord of clan mors and arch-heretic on this point. queek, the son, is the one with a model tho.

even more heretical is ska bloodtail, queek's own right-paw rat, who is unflinchingly loyal in every way and is literally the only skaven character ever depicted as so

rise of the horned rat kinda sucks except for the pull-quote, as one of the end times books (but among them, it's one of the better ones). headtaker is ok

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 14:37 on May 13, 2024

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Hihohe posted:

I believe it was Hired Gun where the way you "hack" a servitor that handles a door is you just start smacking thier head around yelling "OPEN THE drat DOOR"

Hired Gun was a really fun Doom2016like

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

It was janky fun.

We gotta Talk about Necromunda more, i loving love that setting.

A Mad Max world of Gang style warfare

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Tree Bucket posted:

It's a good novel

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Hihohe posted:

It was janky fun.

Necromunda was my first big introduction to warhams. I was like 10 years old, could afford a small gang over time with my allowance, and the store had at least a dozen active players in a league complete with a weekly in-universe newsletter with summaries of important matches. I miss my Escher girls. My gang leader caught a stray bullet and died in my first match. This then prompted the next two members in line to feud for leadership, leading to one of them getting banished. Down two models after my first game was a rough entry, but life is harsh on Necromunda.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Disco Pope posted:

In Darktide one of the maps takes the players through a little Enforcer (police) checkpoint, complete with detention cells and an interrogation room.

If you bother to look down in the cell corridor you realize that past the metal grating is a giant, running grinder, and all the cells have trapdoors

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Hihohe posted:

It was janky fun.

Great game.
Though my friends and I just wanted it for the terrain for normal 40k.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Hihohe posted:

Hired Gun's most effective moment for me came when I noticed that in addition to there being an upgrade tree for your character's own cybernetic implants, there was one for your large but normalish looking dog companion. I bought the first one and immediately felt like a monster as the dog's regular mouth was replaced by crude iron jaws.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

warhams fantasy, not 40k. skaven, which is a signature warhams fantasy and aos faction not replicated in 40k (they thought about it in the 90s and decided no. also the joke is that the imperium is the 40k equivalent, which has its points). main books is thanquol's doom and headtaker, which is a character study of queek. specific quote is from rise of the horned rat

the skaven are an entire race of backstabbing little rats, who have as a central tenet of their religion backstabbing. clan mors are heretics that believe in loyalty, and gnawdwell is the lord of clan mors and arch-heretic on this point. queek, the son, is the one with a model tho.

even more heretical is ska bloodtail, queek's own right-paw rat, who is unflinchingly loyal in every way and is literally the only skaven character ever depicted as so

rise of the horned rat kinda sucks except for the pull-quote, as one of the end times books (but among them, it's one of the better ones). headtaker is ok

I liked WHFB more than 40k.

I knew of skaven.

I had never once heard of that book or sub clans or sub characters and I adore that you have shared that context. Thank you!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
queek is also a general in total war warhammers 2 and 3 (immortal empires), if you wanna play a AA videojame with him

because of the difference from 40k, skaven are one of the most popular factions back in whfb and still in aos

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

dr_rat posted:

False, orks are very aware the only true question is, "are we the most awesome guys?".

One of my favorite fluff quotes about this is:

The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We Eldar who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask! We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude.

— Uthan the Perverse, Eldar Philosopher

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

dr_rat posted:

Wait... is orks da best

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

QuarkJets posted:

Wait... is orks da best

People always talk about how the ork construe colors to meaning (red is speed, yellow is dakka, etc)

But they always forget that Green is Best

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Disco Pope posted:

EDIT: Is it just wrestlers playing Warhammer? That sucks, slam that fucker through the scenery table, you cowards. Pull a folding chair out from some nerds rear end and clock him with it.

Why not both?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Similar to chess boxing, Warhammer Wrestling involves alternating rounds of Warhammer and Wrestling.