Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Time to take a trip to the SA anime subforum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

*Questioning you while you stack boxes*

So you say the permabanned guy just posted about some dead actress from a 50-year-old movie no one ever saw? That doesn't make any sense.

T: drat, Elliot. There's over 400gb of obscure obituaries and burner accounts in here.
Stabler: That's a lot of :10bux:

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
anime is cool, don't let the star wars and star trek guys shame you

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
anime is bad because they draw everyone with big eyes and I just can’t abide that

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Mozi posted:

anime is bad because they draw everyone with big eyes and I just can’t abide that

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024

Meat Wagon posted:

anime is cool, don't let the star wars and star trek guys shame you

In fact the the people working on TNG liked anime so much they hid referenced to it in the sets and sometimes the scripts!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

TuxedoOrca posted:

In fact the the people working on TNG liked anime so much they hid referenced to it in the sets and sometimes the scripts!

I wondered why Picard kept calling Wesley "that Astro Boy jerk".

I just thought it was weird future slang for jerks.

SeenYourPoopypants
Mar 10, 2024
How is the 3 Beaver Problem?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

SeenYourPoopypants posted:

Nowhere near enough beavers

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Gripweed posted:

Nowhere near enough beavers

Even if they're three super problematic beavers?

SeenYourPoopypants
Mar 10, 2024

dr_rat posted:

Even if they're three super problematic beavers?

What if they can sing

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

you're going to need a lot more beavers for me to give a poo poo

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i liked the anime where the guy lost at the drat yugioh walked to the edge of a building and smugly threatened to kill himself if yugioh didnt let him win. i would have pulled that poo poo all the time you'd have to make a drat rule for that for me

SeenYourPoopypants
Mar 10, 2024

That DICK! posted:

i liked the anime where the guy lost at the drat yugioh walked to the edge of a building and smugly threatened to kill himself if yugioh didnt let him win. i would have pulled that poo poo all the time you'd have to make a drat rule for that for me

Yami'd send that bitch to the shadow realm

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

SeenYourPoopypants posted:

Not angry enough

SeenYourPoopypants
Mar 10, 2024
One time he sent a dude to the shadow realm by buzzsawing his legs off

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I have a genuine theory that liking anime is related to that cat poo poo parasite that lives in your brain, but I will not be expounding on it at this time.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

I have a genuine theory that liking anime is related to that cat poo poo parasite that lives in your brain, but I will not be expounding on it at this time.
Toxoplasmosis from anime cat girls?

051324_4
May 13, 2024

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:32 on May 13, 2024

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

That DICK! posted:

lol. yugioh was bug gently caress insane, in a good way. I had fun watching it with my brother when we were 12. I also don't remember any creepy pedo poo poo so that probably puts it in the top ptile of anime ever made.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

mystes posted:

Toxoplasmosis from anime cat girls?

poo poo. Get me Ken Akamatsu on the line. We got some work to do.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I dunno why but now YouTube is putting that titan show in my recommendations and I blame this thread.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/risebluesun/status/1789412570975129601?t=xFag43WknPcrT0bW1HxpqA&s=19

Yes this is the important stuff. I sleep in my dead buddy's shirt that I probably yoinked from the fire before his viking burial.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Instead of Qui gon's robe, Yoda shouldve used Jar Jar's corpse, that wouldve been much more badass

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Every prop needs a terrible fan-fic backstory.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
I've reached a point where I can't tell if something is a joke or not.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

ProperCauldron posted:

Instead of Qui gon's robe, Yoda shouldve used Jar Jar's corpse, that wouldve been much more badass

Smelled bad on the outside, thought I he did!!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Why would yoda have quo gons robe

What

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://consequence.net/2024/05/furiosa-anya-taylor-joy-dialogue/

quote:

Expect George Miller’s upcoming Mad Max: Fury Road prequel, Furiosa, to be heavy on action and short on dialogue as Anya Taylor-Joy’s eponymous character only speaks 30 lines in the film’s two-and-a-half hours.

:getin:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

TuxedoOrca posted:

I've reached a point where I can't tell if something is a joke or not.

I hope it's true. I feel like everyone treating qui gon as this incredibly wise inspirational important figure and the script and performance doing absolutely nothing to back that up, remains one of the evergreen really funny things about the prequels

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
drat speaking of Qui Gon Jinn, Schindlers List is really fuckin great

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

No Mods No Masters posted:

I hope it's true. I feel like everyone treating qui gon as this incredibly wise inspirational important figure and the script and performance doing absolutely nothing to back that up, remains one of the evergreen really funny things about the prequels

Every choice Qui-Gon made either led to the clone wars, Darth Vader, or his own death. He was a gently caress up.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
https://malaysia.news.yahoo.com/any...hCgYvyI6K63gLNJ

quote:

Anya Taylor-Joy alluded to challenges during the nearly seven months she spent filming her newest movie, “Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga.”

In an interview with The New York Times published on Sunday, the “Queen’s Gambit” actor told the outlet that when production wrapped in 2022, she “knew I was going to need the two years that it took for the movie to come out to deal with it.”

“I’ve never been more alone than making that movie,” the actor said, as the Times noted that she was “choosing her words carefully.”

“I don’t want to go too deep into it, but everything that I thought was going to be easy was hard,” she said.

Taylor-Joy also skipped a question about the difficulties she experienced on set, instead telling the Times, “Next question, sorry” and uttering six unsettling words instead.

“Talk to me in 20 years,” the actor said. “Talk to me in 20 years.”

You know, I like Miller and I am looking forward to Furiosa despite some misgivings, but this kind of thing feels very out of place for a series like Mad Max and more like something you'd see from an actor working with Michael Haneke in movie about a man who Collaborated in the Holocaust.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

khwarezm posted:

https://malaysia.news.yahoo.com/any...hCgYvyI6K63gLNJ

You know, I like Miller and I am looking forward to Furiosa despite some misgivings, but this kind of thing feels very out of place for a series like Mad Max and more like something you'd see from an actor working with Michael Haneke in movie about a man who Collaborated in the Holocaust.

My understanding is every Mad Max production has been hell on earth for the actors

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

the best part of the kenobi show was when qui gon showed up at the very end as a force ghost just to be like "ayyy that was some crazy poo poo that just happened brother!" after directly causing the series of events that led to the deaths of trillions and the extermination of his order

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
My Stop Making Sense 4k disc finally arrived today. So loving good.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/risebluesun/status/1789412570975129601?t=xFag43WknPcrT0bW1HxpqA&s=19

Yes this is the important stuff. I sleep in my dead buddy's shirt that I probably yoinked from the fire before his viking burial.

George retired because he knew the fans and those that came after would pick up the mantle of destroying Star Wars

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Arc Hammer posted:

you know he was using that robe like an old tshirt to nut in

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

No Mods No Masters posted:

If there's one thing the Plinkett review nailed, it's Qui Gon being an inept drunkard pretending to know what he's doing. He's a silly accent away from being Jar Jar Binks.

Space Jam posted:

you know he was using that robe like an old tshirt to nut in

Truly respecting Qui Gon's legacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
i want this star wars discussion qui gone