Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

shame on an IGA posted:

Nickelyak was a missed opportunity

That was one of them, in Bitchin' Race

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Mx. posted:

It's also the same type of garbage truck Stan's dad had

I think it's actually the one that Steve buys to make the business go clean, not the original truck.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

FireWorksWell posted:

He's so annoying that it shifts around to funny for me, like the launch codes guy from Flirting with Disaster.

The list of yak names is great, imo

I think the launch codes guy was ken jeong, who also played the group psychologist where roger suddenly has a breakthrough with no prompting and the doctor starts yelling at the other patients for not having breakthroughs like that ending with an amazing line read of "you people make me sick".

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
He was a balloon! :aaa:

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Neeksy posted:

I think the launch codes guy was ken jeong, who also played the group psychologist where roger suddenly has a breakthrough with no prompting and the doctor starts yelling at the other patients for not having breakthroughs like that ending with an amazing line read of "you people make me sick".

I did know he was the launch codes guy but not the psychologist, loved that bit. "THAT is how you have a breakthrough.:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

JethroMcB posted:

."

...now I'm thinking about how it's super important that nobody finds out that Roger is an alien, but the talking fish can go out in public and interact with people regularly without incident.

My headcanon explanation for that is it's because Klaus's existence has been declassified by the CIA like the information on other specific illegal things the government has done like the MKUltra program, but Roger's existence has not.

So it's fine for the American public to meet a goldfish who can talk because he has a human brain that government agents illegally put in there after kidnapping an Olympic skiier, but absolutely NOT okay for them to meet an alien because the paperwork declassifying that hasn't been filled out yet.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I like that at some point they all just stop referring to him having been a human at all and Klaus is just 'the fish'.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There is an episode where the existence of aliens is confirmed in American Dad, but the CIA brutally murder the aliens so Roger can't reveal himself without expecting the same.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Kwyndig posted:

There is an episode where the existence of aliens is confirmed in American Dad, but the CIA brutally murder the aliens so Roger can't reveal himself without expecting the same.

That alien getting shot was probably for the best he looked weird.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Neeksy posted:

And also Doctor Yap!

Yap yap yap yap yap

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kwyndig posted:

Actually it's more petty, it's so people won't care if Roger reveals himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ7yIlBxUSI

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Some side bits of American Dad are always amazing and that clip includes two - the Bazooka Sharks and Morning Mimosas

Edit: THURSDAY BLURDTHSDAY!

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Their obsession with the Bazooka Sharks is such a good gag and I'm impressed they haven't used it so much it's been driven into the ground.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

limp_cheese posted:

Their obsession with the Bazooka Sharks is such a good gag and I'm impressed they haven't used it so much it's been driven into the ground.

How many times can Johnny Concussion come back from death?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

pixaal posted:

How many times can Johnny Concussion come back from death?

Johnny always gets back up...

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Don't do it, Donny Forfeit!

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

Zero One posted:

Don't do it, Donny Forfeit!

Why did we trade for that guy!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
It’s bootiful!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

limp_cheese posted:

Sky Crooner is god.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

The_Doctor posted:

It’s bootiful!

holy poo poo :lol:

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

limp_cheese posted:

They've gone back to it to mine it for new plots and character angles to keep it fresh.

Francine goes comatose upon news of a possible Sharks sale, saved by Jeff's rapping skills.
Steve runs away to an island because he talked Johnny Concussion off the field, making the whole town their enemy.
Stan and Haley deal with communication issues while taking down Johnny Concussion's evil plot.
Stan becomes a Trump stand-in under the malevolent guidance of Roger when he builds a bullet train to the Shark's Nest.
Stan, Haley, and Francine go on a road trip because the Shark's management ignored their letter.
Stan's Tree-Dad at the start of the whole sharks saga is about his childhood lack of a father figure and also one of Roger's best nesting-doll series of personas.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Neeksy posted:

They've gone back to it to mine it for new plots and character angles to keep it fresh.

Francine goes comatose upon news of a possible Sharks sale, saved by Jeff's rapping skills.
Steve runs away to an island because he talked Johnny Concussion off the field, making the whole town their enemy.
Stan and Haley deal with communication issues while taking down Johnny Concussion's evil plot.
Stan becomes a Trump stand-in under the malevolent guidance of Roger when he builds a bullet train to the Shark's Nest.
Stan, Haley, and Francine go on a road trip because the Shark's management ignored their letter.
Stan's Tree-Dad at the start of the whole sharks saga is about his childhood lack of a father figure and also one of Roger's best nesting-doll series of personas.

I love plots where she's going through extreme trauma in the background.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

On my way back from family court!
Gotta keep my job to pay child support!

Sky Crooner’s stuck in traffic…

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I love his Dr. Rockso rear end voice. I wonder if he does cocaine. :allears:

Tom Tucker posted:

On my way back from family court!
Gotta keep my job to pay child support!

Sky Crooner’s stuck in traffic…

:dudsmile:

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Neeksy posted:

Rampage!!

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Neeksy posted:

https://youtu.be/E7GLkqrAphE?si=ciMa5zp1y_RSsf_j

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

Hayley's friend Nerfer has a kill-dozer!

"Alright Hayley fine, but is it okay if i date Nerfer?"

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
R.I.P. Lisa Jenkis

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Mordja posted:

R.I.P. Lisa Jenkis

All time leader in rushing, thirty yards

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Today I was wondering something, who on this show is actually dead?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Father Donovan

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Bobby the Bullet and Clown with Glasses.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

limp_cheese posted:

Bobby the Bullet and Clown with Glasses.

Also Tanqueray and the wrestler/hand model who bit his own thumb off in the second episode.

And Stan's atheist friend who he accidentally turned on to Satan and it got him a rad goat skull guitar.

and Kisses. :smith:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TheFattestPat posted:

Today I was wondering something, who on this show is actually dead?

They literally killed 100 side characters in the season six premiere.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
That's still a gag I think about a lot

One fell swoop

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

muscles like this! posted:

They literally killed 100 side characters in the season six premiere.

A good portion of them have shown up again, mostly as background characters.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

I. M. Gei posted:

And Stan's atheist friend who he accidentally turned on to Satan and it got him a rad goat skull guitar.

I forgot about him. Dude deserved better after his guitar solo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkEJQH0Aoi0

Sinbad is another death. I'm trying to limit to characters that showed up multiple times since they kill a lot of people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Steve's tailor.