Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

FMguru posted:

We take full responsibility for what we did, make no excuses, and realize that we caused a lot of pain to a lot of people and that we will have to live with the guilt for the rest of our lives.

This is what living with that guilt looks and feels like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pantaloon Pontiff
Jun 25, 2023

Fatty posted:

Did I go too far with this prank on my kind-of-a-jerk friend?

Sounds fake to me (the fish thing just sounds like something a teenager would come up with), but if it did I agree with the 'how was the prank supposed to work?' question - when was the big reveal supposed to happen, and how was it going to be funny?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
There are adult men who insist they've had sex with a woman before that will still perpetuate the "vaginas smell like fish" thing.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
the term for a very femme drag queen is 'fishy'. guess why :psyduck: some men do be real gross about that poo poo

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

deported to Canada posted:

It's unfair. You're a good dad for 13 years and you gently caress a woman who isn't your wife a hundred times and THAT'S SUDDENLY ALL ANYBODY CARES ABOUT

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The funniest pranks are when you turn an innocent person into collateral damage and destroy their entire life. "It'll be so funny to prank my bro by breaking his wife's heart!"

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

deported to Canada posted:

I want to make it very clear that we take full responsibility for what we did. That means that any negative or lingering effects of what we did are the responsibilities of other people, and not us (because, as I just told you, we've already taken full responsibility)

Pantaloon Pontiff
Jun 25, 2023

Pope Corky the IX posted:

There are adult men who insist they've had sex with a woman before that will still perpetuate the "vaginas smell like fish" thing.

"Sounds to me like something a teenager would come up with" is referring to maturity level, not physical age. I've heard that before and it's just... weird coming from an alleged sex-having adult.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
unwashed penis smells like fish too

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Pope Corky the IX posted:

There's no way he didn't ask if she was going to tell her church who he was supposed to be.

It's not even her church, it's her cousin's. Seems like something he could have easily gotten out of instead of acting like a 14-year-old with no choice in the matter.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The Alchemist posted:

unwashed penis smells like fish too

Unwashed genitals actually smell like Bradford pear trees in bloom.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Pantaloon Pontiff posted:

"Sounds to me like something a teenager would come up with" is referring to maturity level, not physical age. I've heard that before and it's just... weird coming from an alleged sex-having adult.

I thought so too until I dated someone whose flora smelled exactly like fish sauce. Totally mild and inoffensive (probably helped that I love fish sauce), but it smelled exactly like this specific brand:

So yeah, vanishingly rare but it does happen ime

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

FMguru posted:

How do I (43F) help my husband (58M) accept the harsh reality that his daughter (33F) doesn't want a relationship with him?

"40yo man started loving a 25yo, abandoning his 40yo wife, and now his daughter hates us" yeah not poo poo.

house of the dad posted:

It's unfair. You're a good dad for 13 years and you gently caress a woman who isn't your wife a hundred times and THAT'S SUDDENLY ALL ANYBODY CARES ABOUT

"Sure, I cheated on your mother and knocked up someone 15 years my junior only a year after blowing up your family. WHY ARE YOU MAD AT ME?"

Mordiceius fucked around with this message at 18:12 on May 13, 2024

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Mordiceius posted:

"40yo man started loving a 25yo, abandoning his 40yo wife, and now his daughter hates us" yeah not poo poo.

"Sure, I cheated on your mother and knocked up someone 15 years my junior only a year after blowing up your family. WHY ARE YOU MAD AT ME?"

Let he who has discarded the first rock be judged

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
Isn't a fishy smell just a symptom of BV?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
AITA for getting upset that my boyfriend goes clubbing with his girl best friend who he used to have feelings for?

quote:

My boyfriend has a close girl friend who he used to have feelings for. They’ve gone out clubbing a few times, and he has had to stay at her place a couple of times because they stayed out super late and the subway was closed.

I don’t know if i’m old fashioned or narrow minded, but i find this really disrespectful. I know for a fact that he wouldn’t be okay with me doing this with a guy friend. He even told me he feels uncomfortable with me hanging with guys one on one.

I should also mention that he tried to cheat on his ex once with this same girl. But he has changed a lot since then and he’s actually a really good boyfriend and has been super loyal to me. Even though i know he’s different now, this whole situation still makes me really uncomfortable.

AITAH for reacting negatively to my boyfriend telling me I’m replaceable?Advice Needed (self.AITAH)

quote:

My boyfriend is a die hard fan of a certain UK football club and from the beginning of our relationship he told me with absolute seriousness that his club will always be above me no matter what. I just accepted this fact and moved on; I watched nearly every match with him, got him merch and supported him and his club throughout.

Until today, when I sent him an Instagram reel of a gf telling her bf to change clubs because of how bad the club has been performing and I mistakenly joked ‘I would never say this to you (out loud)’ followed with immediate clarification that my comment is a joke and I don’t mean it.

He still took offense and reminded me that I am below his club and said with his whole heart that ‘he can easily replace me with another woman (unlike replacing his club’. He reminded me of this twice and backed it up with a famous footballer, Eric Cantona’s quote: ‘You can change your wife, your politics, your religion, but never, never can you change your favourite football team’.

I apologized for offending him and making a joke about his club while he firmly stands with what he said to me.

Die hard sports fans, feel free to answer on my boyfriend’s behalf.

AITAH for reacting negatively and being hurt after my boyfriend verbatim tells me that I am replaceable?

AITAH IF I BROKE UP WITH MY BF?

quote:

Hi guys I need advice really bad. My boyfriend (22m) and me(19f) have been dating for a year and a couple of months we have had terrible experiences like me getting so angry I punched holes in his wall and him pour liquor and other liquor on my belongings. A little back ground info we’ve known each other since being in school together but he ended up moving and we lost contact till last year when we started dating. On the day we meet up again we had sex and the next day we decided we would date and I basically moved in (yes ik that was quick). I was always taught that u don’t know someone till I move in with them and he wasn’t perfect but neither am I. We will argue about trivial things for example we got into a really bad verbal agreement about if onions and Funyuns were the same( there not btw). Also I have no job and I’m not in college these things are not because I’m not willing to work but I don’t wanna be in debt and I’m still looking for work he is also unemployed. I feel like I’m basically his mother in how I only cook and basically clean when he does basically nothing all day. So I’m asking Reddit should I break it off with him?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Here is some audacity for you:

Aitah for introducing my adopted daughter as my daughter without making it known that she’s adopted?

quote:

I was married from 2000-2012. During that time ex-wife and I had one a son (20). We divorced because she had 2 affairs. While we were in marriage counseling trying to pick up the pieces from the first affair, she was very publicly exposed for having a second affair with our child’s teacher and her husband. It ended badly when ex-wife started meeting the husband alone behind the wife/teacher’s back and the whole thing was a messy public spectacle, which ultimately ended with the teacher being fired and both marriages ending in divorce. We live in a smallish community and it isn’t often that a teacher gets fired mid-year and certainly not under such interesting circumstances. So it was very much the subject of gossip for years. And it gives people an excellent reference point to remember when it happened. It was when little Timmy was in 4th grade.

After our divorce I remarried in 2014 and adopted my wife’s daughter (14) who was born in 2010.

When I introduce my daughter, I introduce her as my daughter. It isn’t particularly a secret that she’s adopted but it’s something that I don’t feel I need to necessarily make people aware of anytime I introduce her.

Ex-wife sent me a text stating that she had something really important to talk to me about, so I called her thinking it was about our son. She says that I need to make sure that people know that my daughter is adopted because several people have assumed that she’s my biological daughter and therefore an affair child. For some reason it bothers her that people might think that I had an affair while we were married even though it’s pretty much common knowledge about her second affair. I told her that anyone who matters knows the situation and I really don’t care if people who don’t know gossip about me. I’m rather used to it by now. She said that I should think about her feelings. I told her that the feelings and self-image of my 14 year old daughter matter way more than her feelings and she’s welcome to set the record straight with anyone she wants but I’m not going to change the way I introduce my daughter to casual acquaintances to tip toe around her feelings. I think that constantly pointing out that she’s adopted would hurt my daughter and it’s just not what I want to do.

So after spending Mother’s Day with his mom, my son called me and said that I’m an ah for the way I handled things and he thinks I should make a point to make it clear that my daughter is adopted ‘so there is no confusion’ out of respect for him and his mother.

Aitah here?
Bummer that the son is standing with his mom, though.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Here's some more audacity

AITA for refusing to retire or move teaching spots and telling my DIL to suck it up

quote:

I am a teacher at a private school. The public school in the surrounding areas are crap. I have been working there for 13 years and I should retire soon. Probably in five years. I have a few grandkids but this is about Ryan and her mother Jenny.

Jenny and I do not get along. We avoid each-other at family events and just try to be civil. I find her to be extremely entitled and I am sure she has plenty to say about me.

I teach kindergarten and since the private school is small we have a single class. You have to apply for the school. The school plans to expand but right now it is small. So I teach all of them.

Jenny informed me that they applied and Ryan is suppose to start next fall. He will be in my class, and Jenny wasn’t okay with that.

She asked me to move positions or to retire. I told her no and this started an argument. She doesn’t want me to teach Ryan and I told her to suck it up or not go to the school.

She called me a jerk and my son wishes for me to apologize
I demand that you drastically alter or even quit your job because I don't like you. No? Well then you're a jerk and you owe me an apology.

Pantaloon Pontiff
Jun 25, 2023

quote:

him pour liquor and other liquor on my belongings.

I'm wondering what the difference is between the liquor and the other liquor.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Pantaloon Pontiff posted:

I'm wondering what the difference is between the liquor and the other liquor.

If you're arguing whether onions and funyuns are the same thing, does it really matter anymore?

Pantaloon Pontiff
Jun 25, 2023

Cacator posted:

If you're arguing whether onions and funyuns are the same thing, does it really matter anymore?

If they came to this thread, they could argue about whether bringing Great Value OnYos onion flavored rings instead of FunYun brand onion flavored rings is acceptable or an affront to basic human dignity.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Maybe it was liquor and liqueur.

DaChurl
Nov 9, 2011

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.

Cthulu Carl posted:

Unwashed genitals actually smell like Bradford pear trees in bloom.

Just reading this gave me a headache. It is the smell of allergy season beginning.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I assume they meant "liquor and other liquids."

Hopefully not piss

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I wonder what the "plenty to say" about him is.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
AITA for wanting a say in my child’s diet?

quote:

Me (24M) and my wife (27F) had a son this year and we are still learning all the ins and outs of raising a child. We got in a really bad arguement last week about what foods we should be feeding him as he grows older.

For context I am a body builder and through my love of body building I am able to actually fund my lifestyle through it with sponsorships.

I suggested Taco Bell because it has amazing macros and can fuel you for the entire day. I specifically order the build your own cravings box because what you get for 7.99 is amazing.

Immediately after she hears me suggest this she goes bizonkers and starts saying whats wrong with me and why would I even suggest that. I told her my reasoning and she told me I was completely delusional. I dont understand why she would think this? I am very through with my body health and I was suggesting this because it would be most efficient?

We haven’t talked in a week and she has been coming home later than usual (she gets out of work around 4 and she has been coming back around 9-10pm and just takes a shower and goes right to bed. Every time I try to talk to her she just ignores me and leaves the room flustered and upset.

Am I the rear end in a top hat?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

r/r: she goes bizonkers

edit: wait wtf

quote:

Me (24M) and my wife (27F) had a son this year

quote:

she has been coming home later than usual (she gets out of work around 4 and she has been coming back around 9-10pm and just takes a shower and goes right to bed.

what?

odiv fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 13, 2024

CoffeeBoofer
Dec 10, 2023

by Pragmatica

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
I'll just gnaw on this delicious hand, surely that won't come back to bite me down the road.

AITA for refusing to help my daughter after her husband's affair since she supported her mother's affair.

quote:

I was paying for my daughter's tuition when my ex had an affair. My daughter, Elena, was 22 at the time. She spouted off some BS about patriarchy. She wasn't upset with her mother at all.

In the five years since she has still not changed her stance. She seems to think that her mother cheating was some sort of protest vote against female enslavement.

My wife had a full time job. We had a cleaning lady. I did more than half the remaining chores. My ex was far from a slave.

Elena's husband left her after two years of marriage. No kids thank Christ. But, while Elena is employed full time her ex has like three times her income.

She is unable to maintain her lifestyle on her salary alone. My ex is currently in Australia for six months. So Elena called me.

I have maintained a cordial relationship with her but not much beyond that. She said that she is running through her savings and that she needs help while she figures out what to do.

I said I would be unable to assist her as my retirement had left me on a fixed income. She said that she knew how much my pension was and that I had savings beyond that. She pointed out that I just bought myself a $100,000 truck. I said that wasn't really her concern. But that I hoped her relationship righted itself.

She has been calling everyone to badmouth me. My family all knows how she feels about my divorce. My parents think she is their dumbest grandchild and that's saying a lot. Her brothers both asked me if I would help if she apologized. I said yes. They told her and her response was that she had nothing to apologize for.

I love the kid but her head needs a shake if she thinks I am going to help her out of a mess of her own making.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

AITAH for reacting negatively to my boyfriend telling me I’m replaceable?Advice Needed (self.AITAH)

I know a dude like this, and you can bet that he sleeps with prostitutes and would probably beat his girlfriend if he wasnt a skrawny little nerd. He has absolutely no respect towards women and nobody should settle for him.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

FMguru posted:

AITA for refusing to help my daughter after her husband's affair since she supported her mother's affair.

She pointed out that I just bought myself a $100,000 truck.

YTA for buying a cybertruck.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

FMguru posted:

quote:

I just bought myself a $100,000 truck.

OP is the rear end in a top hat. He just bought a cyber truck.

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023

Arcturas posted:

YTA for buying a cybertruck.

$100,000 isn't particularly unusual for truck prices.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

FMguru posted:

I'll just gnaw on this delicious hand, surely that won't come back to bite me down the road.

I'm grateful all of my grandparents passed away before I could find out where I stand in the grandchild power rankings

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Most Power Alex posted:

$100,000 isn't particularly unusual for truck prices.

Yeah he could have just bought a late model supercab pickup with some trim upgrades but he’d still be an rear end in a top hat for doing that.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Lol. I'm holding a grudge against my daughter because she said something I interpreted as rude when she was 22.. help, AITA?

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

It's a bit of a weird one; she is running through her savings and needs help while she figures out what to do?

Try stopping spending as much instead of asking someone else to give you their savings. Although it could just be that OP is loaded and he really is holding her opinion on the divorce over her head by refusing to help when he easily could.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

esh

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

War Wizard posted:

Lol. I'm holding a grudge against my daughter because she said something I interpreted as rude when she was 22.. help, AITA?

It sounds like she's continued to hold this stance in the years since the affair, so not really. Faildaughter needs to figure out her own money problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

that’s like the most obvious bait post we’ve had in here in a while, come on