Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Who is that guy anyway and why does he think he's sooooo important? Getting real "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM" vibes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Dwesa posted:

I am assuming that dogeguy expects Mars to be terraformed by 2050 with breatheable atmosphere or something, which is even more absurd

why would you question that, elon is winning so loving hard right now 🍷🍷🍷🤣🤣🤣:elon::elon::elon:

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Elon is city. A real piece of cit

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Presto posted:

Who is that guy anyway and why does he think he's sooooo important? Getting real "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM" vibes.

He spent over $100,000 on a dud and you will show some respect

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Presto posted:

Average Cybertruck owner

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Planets can be terraformed but Elon stays the same, forever.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Avirosb posted:

Still weirdly funny to me that an advocate of terraforming and transhumanism is such a gross gender essentialist.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
also a broken dick, toxic manlyness guy that constantly tries to use medical tech to fix his own body image issues.

got hairplugs for his bad hair genes, plastic surgery to fix his ugly mug, diet and gym drugs to fix his thicccness.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

PhazonLink posted:

also a broken dick, toxic manlyness guy that constantly tries to use medical tech to fix his own body image issues.

got hairplugs for his bad hair genes, plastic surgery to fix his ugly mug, diet and gym drugs to fix his thicccness.

dont forget that one of his hangers on is the guy who Bathorys his son and wears bluetooth cockrings

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

holtemon posted:

If I was the richest dude on Earth I'd get like real pictures overlooking all the cool stuff on Earth

But I guess that's not as much fun as some weirdo fan using AI to make it look like I'm lording over Mars

I didn't have to go to Mars for this one, it was my backyard growing up.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
There are a lot of problems with terraforming Mars, but “its gravity is too feeble to hold onto a breathable atmosphere” isn’t one of them.

The volume of gases we’d need to add is beyond colossal. Consider that in the past century, billions of people have been doing their damnedest to add carbon to Earth’s atmosphere, undoing millions of years of geology that sequestered all that carbon in the first place, and it’s amounted to about a zero point one five percent change in the composition of the atmosphere. The consequences for us are dire, but the change is tiny in absolute terms.

Oxygenating the atmosphere of Mars would take something beyond than the entire current industrial infrastructure of Earth churning away for a hundred generations. Any civilization that had the power to give Mars a breathable atmosphere in the first place would find topping it up to be trivial.

Earth loses about three kilograms of atmosphere every second, the vast majority of it hydrogen. The loss on Mars would be greater, but, well, we’re currently enriching Earth’s atmosphere by over a million kilograms of carbon dioxide per second.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

water remains undefeated against cybertruck
https://twitter.com/BLUECOW009/status/1783247299658846325

https://twitter.com/StonkKing4/status/1789809786923680191

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Avirosb posted:

Boer...Boer never changes

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I’m behind in this thread, but

Mr Scumbag posted:

You still can if you ask him to unban nazis.

“What race/ethnicity do I have to slander to get someone to fix my cybrtrkkk?”

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

water remains undefeated against cybertruck

I thought Electric was supposed to be strong against Water? :psyduck:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Wouldn’t a serial tasker mean he can only do one thing at a time?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

priznat posted:

Wouldn’t a serial tasker mean he can only do one thing at a time?

it seems that he just confirmed that, as well lmao

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
A full hour of Elon being uncomfortable during the Don Lemon interview was pretty funny though lol

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

MrQwerty posted:

it seems that he just confirmed that, as well lmao

Yeah lol Erickson might have been throwing shade there. “Serial tasker in a league of his own” = dumbass who can barely keep a single thought in his head.

He wasn’t, I’m sure, he thinks Elon is a super genius. But it’s ambiguously phrased

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Soo.. he has concentration issues? It's not a good thing if you can't remain focused for more than 30 seconds.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Platystemon posted:

There are a lot of problems with terraforming Mars, but “its gravity is too feeble to hold onto a breathable atmosphere” isn’t one of them.

The volume of gases we’d need to add is beyond colossal. Consider that in the past century, billions of people have been doing their damnedest to add carbon to Earth’s atmosphere, undoing millions of years of geology that sequestered all that carbon in the first place, and it’s amounted to about a zero point one five percent change in the composition of the atmosphere. The consequences for us are dire, but the change is tiny in absolute terms.

Oxygenating the atmosphere of Mars would take something beyond than the entire current industrial infrastructure of Earth churning away for a hundred generations. Any civilization that had the power to give Mars a breathable atmosphere in the first place would find topping it up to be trivial.

Earth loses about three kilograms of atmosphere every second, the vast majority of it hydrogen. The loss on Mars would be greater, but, well, we’re currently enriching Earth’s atmosphere by over a million kilograms of carbon dioxide per second.

Yeah to totally counter atmosphere loss on mars Nasa thinks you just need a one Tesla shield in mars orbit.

Musk misunderstood them.

raifield
Feb 21, 2005

Still love the truck tho

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Cydw4Twk wheels were temporarily not on-road while hydroplaning. Warranty voided.

raifield
Feb 21, 2005

War Wizard posted:

Cydw4Twk wheels were temporarily not on-road while hydroplaning. Warranty voided.

They also clearly traversed an unfinished surface, also voiding the warranty.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Marilyn Manson may have removed a rib to suck his own cock but Elon Musk simply morphed into a shape optimized for sucking himself off

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Anderson Koopa posted:

I knew that Mars is a bit smaller than Earth, but I didn't realize how much less massive it is.

https://www.planetary.org/articles/...an%20mountains.

So, standing outside in just a business suit with no supplemental oxygen is not likely.
My favorite dumb Mars fact is that while Martian weather is incredibly epic visually -- dust storms the size of Kansas sweeping across the land for weeks at a time -- the pressure differential between Mars and Earth means that the equivalent storm is 99x weaker; a Martian hurricane can just about blow an aluminum can across the ground.

Which isn't to say they're not theoretically deadly; without moisture or gravity to lock down soil, the storms can still pick up massive amounts of extremely fine particulate matter and move it about. Getting stuck in a Martian dust storm would be like sinking very slowly and delicately into the world's most gentle quicksand.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

elon musk had extra ribs put in to stop him sucking his own dick

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Ghostlight posted:

elon musk had extra ribs put in to stop him sucking his own dick

:chanpop:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

yeah it's because you're not essential hth

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

shyduck posted:

yeah it's because you're not essential hth

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
my cybertruck is having new problems every 5 mins on average and sometimes every 30 secs if going through a dirt road. love the truck tho

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
Switching context is muskese for reading a fresh reactionary tweet down down your timeline right ?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Is it really context switching if you're just moving from boosting one race baiting tweet to the next?

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

To be fair that guy is going way too fast and pretty much any vehicle would have hydroplaned at that speed. So unless autopliot was on, for once the Cybertrvk wasn't the problem.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Viscous Soda posted:

To be fair that guy is going way too fast and pretty much any vehicle would have hydroplaned at that speed. So unless autopliot was on, for once the Cybertrvk wasn't the problem.

Probably didn't help that its tires were bald after a week of driving.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

"I'm switching context" type like a normal person you stupid rear end in a top hat.

CaptainTofu
Jun 1, 2021

I don't think he knows what context switching means, he's just heard tech folks say it and started repeating it.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

30 seconds to reply to a Nazi
30 seconds to reply to another Nazi
30 seconds to fire 500 people
30 seconds to reply to another Nazi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

CaptainTofu posted:

I don't think he knows what context switching means, he's just heard tech folks say it and started repeating it.

off his trukkk-shaped tits on ketamine -> coming down is a context switch