Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

“Ah, your honour, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I point to the precedent set by Bud, Air v. US Soccer.”

*Courtroom collectively gasps*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

jesus WEP posted:

out pops a smiling james mcclean

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

edogawa rando posted:

“Ah, your honour, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I point to the precedent set by Bud, Air v. US Soccer.”

*Courtroom collectively gasps*
Only if the lawyer presenting this is a famously verbose southern lawyer with a Louisiana drawl, like a courtroom Foghorn Leghorn.

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.

Crazy Ted posted:

Only if the lawyer presenting this is a famously verbose southern lawyer with a Louisiana drawl, like a courtroom Foghorn Leghorn.

I don’t understand these identical twins, I’m just an unfrozen caveman lawyer

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

franks posted:

I don’t understand these identical twins, I’m just an unfrozen caveman lawyer

Mo Salah confuses and frightens me

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Sir Alex used to do it all the time with Rafael and Fabio, what's the problem here

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Torres got away with it.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
John Terry managed an entire career of looking unhappy while sitting in a bus stop

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i'm sure we have an italian speaker who can correct this google translate but

https://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/calcio/juve-il-direttore-di-tuttosport-denuncia-io-aggredito-da-allegri_82293482-202402k.shtml

quote:

Guido Vaciago, director of Tuttosport , tells it today , attacked not only verbally and heavily threatened by the Juventus coach himself: "Allegri, evidently altered, was subjecting himself to the last media task of his triumphal evening (but evidently not too much serene), the press conference, but he found a few minutes for me" writes Vaciago today in his newspaper. "lovely director! Yes, you lovely director. Write the truth in your newspaper, not what the company tells you! Stop playing hustlers with the company". At first I invite you to stay calm and explain to me what the truth was I was hiding in agreement with his employers, Allegri responded by pulling me , pushing me and with his finger under my nose he shouted: "Look, I know where to come and get you. I'll come and rip off both your ears. I'll come and punch you in the face. Write the truth in the newspaper" and other niceties from the bar fight repertoire."

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
'evidently altered' is my new favourite euphemism

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the sex ghost posted:

nice alternative to tired and emotional

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
That’s actually a pretty good translation. I don’t think it’s implying he was drunk though, Allegri was having a meltdown all night despite winning the cup. He was on the warpath.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Three A-League players were arrested this morning, accused of deliberately picking up yellow cards as part of a betting scam:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-05-17/nsw-a-league-players-alleged-betting-scandal-yellow-cards/103860160

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

‘Other niceties from the bar fight repertoire’ is also an amazing turn of phrase

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

harperdc posted:

‘Other niceties from the bar fight repertoire’ is also an amazing turn of phrase

Would make a great title for an autobiography.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://x.com/MailSport/status/1791388533229281725

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

are they trying to get him tried as an adolescent

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://x.com/centregoals/status/1791483768592875975

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

he'll never have to pay for a joint again

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

literally what our teacher did once when the ref didn’t turn up, absolutely amazing

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

They sacked Allegri over this, RIP to a king

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

In Barcelona voice
"How's his Spanish?"

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
speaking of refs

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/24/former-premier-league-referee-banned-for-five-months-for-insulting-comments

quote:

A former Premier League referee has been banned from all football-related activity for five months after telling a black assistant referee that he couldn’t see him in the dark. Rodger Gifford was working as a referee observer for Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) when he made the remarks after the second-round FA Cup tie between Newport County and Barnet on 2 December 2023.

According to several witnesses, Gifford made jokes about his colleague’s skin colour during a post-match debrief. One account, from the match referee, described Gifford talking about the darkness in parts of the stadium and saying: “It was lucky that you were not over there as assistant referee as we wouldn’t have been able to see you. If you smiled though, we would be able to see your teeth.”

The details were contained in written reasons published by the independent regulatory commission which oversaw the case on behalf of the Football Association. Gifford denied the charges and argued that he “meant the comments without any malice”. This attempt at mitigation was rejected by the commission, which wrote in its decision that “on any objective assessment, the comments made by Mr Gifford were abusive and insulting”. The commission also noted that Gifford “appeared oblivious” to the embarrassment he had caused the assistant referee.

Gifford’s punishment, which also includes a £400 fine, exceeds the customary “sanctions range” of a ban of between six and 12 matches. This was in part because Gifford was revealed to have made a second “aggravated” breach of FA rules on improper behaviour a year previously, an offence for which he incurred an eight-week ban and a fine of £200.
doing a loving 1900s-era racism

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

I initially thought there might be some misunderstanding then I got to the direct quote and nope just straight up minstrel show gags.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

You can't even racially abuse people using methods from 100 year old Looney Tunes cartoons, because the game has gone woke

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
It absolutely blows my mind that someone can still make comments like that with the presumably sincere belief that it's just harmless fun in 2024.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The lead in paint and petrol generation are weighing in

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
ten hag continues to say that ajax shouldn't have sacked overmars for sending pictures of his penis to female employees

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Nuclear Spoon posted:

ten hag continues to say that ajax shouldn't have sacked overmars for sending pictures of his penis to female employees

Thankfully nobody has to care about what ten Hag thinks anymore.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Nuclear Spoon posted:

Seems on brand for a man whose head looks like a giant penis

whostolemyhat
Jan 15, 2014

Vegetable posted:

Seems on brand for a man whose head looks like a giant penis

Main head?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

That is so cartoonishly racist it's almost impressive.

Thanks Ants posted:

The lead in paint and petrol generation are weighing in

Don't forget that this is the same generation that also decided it was a good idea to put asbestos in an aerosol spray can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Crazy Ted posted:

That is so cartoonishly racist it's almost impressive.

Don't forget that this is the same generation that also decided it was a good idea to put asbestos in an aerosol spray can.

And baby powder until 2020!
https://www.asbestos.com/companies/johnson-johnson/