Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It might not be Fact, but it is Truth.

beauty is truth, truth beauty

which is why the Cybertruck is the biggest lie ever sold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Resumes and experience are easy. Simply lie. Problem solved.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
why did the cybertruck, a purposefully low-run project, need its own specific special boy heading it? it's not like the head of model X or model 3 production is busy lmao

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Salt Fish posted:

The gap on my resume is normal. All resumes have them and modern resume making techniques don't leave the resume totally filled in on purpose to allow for expansion.

at speed heat from friction will expand my cv to fill the voids

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Chris Knight posted:

it's liters/100km

liters/100km, gallons/100miles, kwh/100km, kwh/100miles are superior. mpg, mpkwh are logarithmic so it's deceptive on how efficient your car really is

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
"I left that space for you."

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

Salt Fish posted:

The gap on my resume is normal. All resumes have them and modern resume making techniques don't leave the resume totally filled in on purpose to allow for expansion.

lie on your resume. seriously, no poo poo. just outright lie

it's not like some rear end in a top hat with an mba who also lied his rear end off deserves that money more than you do

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

liters/100km, gallons/100miles, kwh/100km, kwh/100miles are superior. mpg, mpkwh are logarithmic so it's deceptive on how efficient your car really is

they're both logarithmic just in opposite ways. 8 mpg to 12 mpg is a far greater improvement in total fuel usage than going from 30 mpg to 45 mpg. but in l/100 km it's the opposite, and going from 20 to 10 is much greater than 7 to 6.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 01:47 on May 14, 2024

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

DaTroof posted:

lie on your resume. seriously, no poo poo. just outright lie

it's not like some rear end in a top hat with an mba who also lied his rear end off deserves that money more than you do

the best part about that is when someone manages to get a directorship or c-suite position and then gets completely rolled because someone they pissed off enough looks into it and finds they lied on their resume like a decade ago

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
haha yeah. lordy for a while during the 08 gas crisis i had to drive my Blazer to and from work, about 12 miles each way at 7mpg. Then i rebuilt the carb and instantly went to 14-15mpg. Drivable! Also doesn't kill you with gas fumes!

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

infernal machines posted:

the best part about that is when someone manages to get a directorship or c-suite position and then gets completely rolled because someone they pissed off enough looks into it and finds they lied on their resume like a decade ago

by that point the parachute is in place. "oh no, i'm walking away with half a billion instead of a billion. my life sucks so much"

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
lol at all you idiots using your backwards nonstandard units for your fuel efficiency. join the 20th century with the proper SI units: metres per cubic metre. for our American friends 1m/m3 is about 0.028 metres per cubic foot

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
https://news.bloomberglaw.com/esg/musk-faces-lawsuit-for-drug-use-x-posts-under-the-influence

delaware is going full hog, musk being sued for his drug use running his company

board tied in because they arent willing to do anything to control him lol. all of it even more funny when hes destroying the company and trying to move them from delaware and get his pay package back

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

big scary monsters posted:

lol at all you idiots using your backwards nonstandard units for your fuel efficiency. join the 20th century with the proper SI units: metres per cubic metre. for our American friends 1m/m3 is about 0.028 metres per cubic foot

planck distance per planck mass of fuel

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

UCS Hellmaker posted:

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/esg/musk-faces-lawsuit-for-drug-use-x-posts-under-the-influence

delaware is going full hog, musk being sued for his drug use running his company

board tied in because they arent willing to do anything to control him lol. all of it even more funny when hes destroying the company and trying to move them from delaware and get his pay package back

suing his rear end for posting under the influence lmao

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

On one hand using drugs shouldn't be a crime, on the other hand the law should be applied equally no matter what you level of wealth is.

In short: lol, lmao

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

Megabound posted:

On one hand using drugs shouldn't be a crime, on the other hand the law should be applied equally no matter what you level of wealth is.

when the guy in charge is completely and openly hosed up, the company should be a penny stock, yet here we are

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Megabound posted:

this isn't about criminal law! if the guy in charge of the company was drunk all the time and the board knew it and refused to do anything about it, the owners of the company should have recourse too. that's not anything to do with the legality of alcohol, it's about the board's responsibility to the owners.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's priced in

Pappyland
Jun 17, 2004

There's no limit to your imagination!
College Slice

UCS Hellmaker posted:

how does this work if they do reincorporate in June?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

haha yeah. lordy for a while during the 08 gas crisis i had to drive my Blazer to and from work, about 12 miles each way at 7mpg. Then i rebuilt the carb and instantly went to 14-15mpg. Drivable! Also doesn't kill you with gas fumes!
talk about a gasser!

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

they're both logarithmic just in opposite ways. 8 mpg to 12 mpg is a far greater improvement in total fuel usage than going from 30 mpg to 45 mpg. but in l/100 km it's the opposite, and going from 20 to 10 is much greater than 7 to 6.

lol

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

What's he streaming you reckon?

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Pappyland posted:

how does this work if they do reincorporate in June?

Don't think it would stop the trial, but also the court can file to stop the company from doing so because of open cases I would think. Money stuff more then likely has gone over this because Levine basically has been munching popcorn waiting for musk to keep loving up more poo poo. I think he had said that the court can actively stop them from doing so if it's primarily done to avoid court judgements. But also Texas courts are not going to be nearly as friendly, I think one article came out basically saying that a lot of stuff Delaware allowed or constricted a bit would be pretty much constant lawsuits in Texas by people wanting to gently caress with him.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Megabound posted:

Man has the ability to become God, have it display goatse as he drives around town

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

ahem

here in america that'd be meters per cubic meter, thanks

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

CYBERTRUCK Owners Club Salute

read 'em and weep, the dead hand mans again

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

Megabound posted:

looks like a youtube video of a fuse man replacing the fuse in a fused disconnect switch on a rooftop packaged HVAC unit

video is a little difficult to make out but maybe a 7.5 or 10 ton carrier weathermaker RTU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

yeah sure. my care gets 10 inverse square meters of fuel. idiot.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

UCS Hellmaker posted:

But also Texas courts are not going to be nearly as friendly, I think one article came out basically saying that a lot of stuff Delaware allowed or constricted a bit would be pretty much constant lawsuits in Texas by people wanting to gently caress with him.

didn't texas make super rad business court to throw those lawsuits out directly, though?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

CYBERTRUCK Owners Club Salute

the guy who manages the butcher shop next door is missing those two

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

this bad boy gets 17 squared diopters of fuel economy. look at that

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

fart simpson posted:

:eng101: my car gets 40469 per acre

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

fart simpson posted:

area is actually a valid way of looking at fuel economy. the units don't lie.

you can visualize it as the sectional area of a long thin cylinder or pipe that your car draws behind it as it moves around. the cylinder is full of fuel and its volume over a distance is how much you used. a car that burns more fuel will draw a cylinder with a larger diameter.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
lol that I worked at a company not too far off this vibe except the owner is an italian real estate fetishist who knew to keep his abuse to e-mails lest an actual physical confrontation crumple him like one of their soccer players

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Jonny 290 posted:

i like how we've just collectively accepted that the concept of owning a home if you're not a tech bro is just out of the question tho

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

i like how we've just collectively accepted that the concept of owning a home if you're not a tech bro is just out of the question tho

Not true! You may also own a home if you are management!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Tesla Rehires Some Supercharger Workers Weeks After Musk’s Cuts

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ontent=business

lmao

elon is such an idiot who makes all his decisions while drugged up and then is stunned when he fucks everything up 🤣🤣

the people getting hired back better demand a big raise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the onion wizard
Apr 14, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

area is actually a valid way of looking at fuel economy. the units don't lie.

you can visualize it as the sectional area of a long thin cylinder or pipe that your car draws behind it as it moves around. the cylinder is full of fuel and its volume over a distance is how much you used. a car that burns more fuel will draw a cylinder with a larger diameter.

i'd rather not visualise your long thin cylinder, thankyou