Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

AtomikKrab posted:

There are 4 hidden parts in that mission, a couple of well hidden combat logs and a very hidden lore log.

I managed to find two of the parts and the lore log on my replay!

No idea where the others are and I spent a *while* searching.

I do think I prefer the Ace combat approach to getting new stuff where within mission you have to get score or perform tricks fast enough rather than the scavenger hunt style here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Natural 20 posted:

I managed to find two of the parts and the lore log on my replay!

No idea where the others are and I spent a *while* searching.

I do think I prefer the Ace combat approach to getting new stuff where within mission you have to get score or perform tricks fast enough rather than the scavenger hunt style here.

Hmm which two did you find? And I forgot about the second lore log there as well, there are 2 total for that one.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

You knew that Coral was a energy-source, but I don't think Ayre knew that humans were using spoilers?

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 00:31 on May 13, 2024

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

You knew that Coral was a energy-source, but I don't think Ayre knew that humans Really, in a blind lp?

Buddy, don't spoil nat

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

Buddy, don't spoil nat

I mean I know nothing the plot other than what the LP has shown? It just seems a fairly obvious derivation from what she’s said.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Natural 20 posted:

Older Ace Combat games would have some scavenger-hunt style ways of unlocking things - there would be enemies in out-of-the-way parts of the map you could shoot down to unlock skins and such. Don't know if 7 has any of that.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

The Lone Badger posted:

I mean I know nothing the plot other than what the LP has shown? It just seems a fairly obvious derivation from what she’s said.

You're good, it's one of the many conclusions Tea and I have drawn.

I'm fine with people watching along for the first time speculating. But if you genuinely know what's going to happen keep it spoiled!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I'm not seeing it on your public page, so it might be marked private.

Assault armor isn't really used to defend against missiles. The primary use is to do a ton of damage and stun to event ACs. It is a great way to take an AC over the top to stun them so you can direct hit with all 4 of your weapons instead of just 3

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

You're using the "bazooka + missiles to stagger, then SLASHY SLASHY" thing very well.

For the FCS stats, the ranges do not impact internally guided weapons. For your shoulder missiles, the Missile Lock Correction and Multi-Lock Correction are all that matter. However, those lock and fire very quickly, so you don't really need to give a poo poo. You only really need to worry about those stats when you start using the heavier launchers with slower lock times.

Given the way you fight, it may be worth considering using an FCS that gives up some of that Close capacity for Medium. Close is inside 120 meters, and Medium is 120-260. You aren't really doing much at Long, so don't sweat that. But if you want to stick with the Close-specializing one you currently have, well hey, that works too.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

The Arena will start kicking itself up in difficulty in the higher ranks, That being said I think you have found a loadout that really really clicks with your style.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if there is any significance to the characters named after bodies of water.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

I think nearly every team/faction (redguns, vespers, balam AC parts, schneider weapons, etc...) has a theme that connects them.

Nat almost made the "oh no it's flying, better hang back and use guns & missiles" mistake on the spider when it entered its second phase... when of course the correct answer, just like the PCA helicopter, was SWORD TO FACE. I might have just been lucky but the second phase felt easier than the first when I fought it.

When's the tallgeese cosplay build coming, Nat? Although I'm really impressed with how quickly the javelin bazooka staggered the spider.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Crazy Achmed posted:

I think nearly every team/faction (redguns, vespers, balam AC parts, schneider weapons, etc...) has a theme that connects them.

Nat almost made the "oh no it's flying, better hang back and use guns & missiles" mistake on the spider when it entered its second phase... when of course the correct answer, just like the PCA helicopter, was SWORD TO FACE. I might have just been lucky but the second phase felt easier than the first when I fought it.

When's the tallgeese cosplay build coming, Nat? Although I'm really impressed with how quickly the javelin bazooka staggered the spider.

The javelin has gotten several buffs... I wish it was that good when I did my initial runs of the game.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

MechaCrash posted:

You're using the "bazooka + missiles to stagger, then SLASHY SLASHY" thing very well.

For the FCS stats, the ranges do not impact internally guided weapons. For your shoulder missiles, the Missile Lock Correction and Multi-Lock Correction are all that matter. However, those lock and fire very quickly, so you don't really need to give a poo poo. You only really need to worry about those stats when you start using the heavier launchers with slower lock times.

Given the way you fight, it may be worth considering using an FCS that gives up some of that Close capacity for Medium. Close is inside 120 meters, and Medium is 120-260. You aren't really doing much at Long, so don't sweat that. But if you want to stick with the Close-specializing one you currently have, well hey, that works too.

Optimal ranges are kinda weird in AC6 because the scale of ACs screws with your perception of distance. It took me a while to stop plinking stuff way too far away.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Optimal ranges being hard to gauge is one of the reasons I use shotguns at point blank. :v:

Also, since I forgot before and am thinking of it now: the wreck you found during the Wallclimber mission was Cannon Head, the AC of G4 Volta. Iguazu was AWOL for that job.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Crazy Achmed posted:

I'm trying to figure out the Tallgeese. My build has genuinely slapped the biggest engine I can manage on what is a very light frame to make it go fast.

I'm obviously using a sword, but I've not really found an arm weapon that corresponds well to the canon.

It's a shame I can replace my shoulder weapons with more engines.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Yeah so unlike many armored core games, the Government is actually an active force... and they uh... are pissed.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
The incredible difference between when you first started the game and now is so easy to see, and it's also a very strong indicator of how much fun you're having.

I can feel the enthusiasm and joy in every video. Glad you're having a blast, Nat.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I am going to have to :goonsay: again, because bazookas and rocket launchers are distinct weapon categories in Armored Core. Bazookas don't have internal tracking, but you can at least aim the stupid things. Rocket launchers fire straight ahead, and if you want to aim it, you have to turn your whole machine.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Nuclear Kitten
Sep 30, 2021
There actually was a resupply before the SP fight, you just missed it. That said, good job taking one down without picking it up.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Those two are my favorite fight in the game and I wish there were just more of them, a nice and clean high speed somewhat peer to somewhat peer.

Also the stealth mission is actually really easy to go around.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

That thing you fought early on was not an AC (Armored Core). It was a LC (Light Cavalry).

Armored Cores are made from parts you pick off a list. LCs are single units, so instead of some patchwork hodgepodge bullshit, it is a single unified unit with everything optimized and meant to work together. Or so the LC pilots will will you. :v:

As for the gatling gun, I find it to be useful in the right kind of mission, which I think this one was. Gatlings are nice for taking out swarms of little bullshit guys, and that's what you were mostly fighting. I will agree that your performance against the Ekdromoi was pretty nice, though! And that assault armor kill on the rematch? :discourse:

I assume you already did the mission and just need to get the video uploaded, but I had a little chuckle. The Sweet Sixteen is mostly for when you want a shotgun but have gently caress-all weight to devote to it, kind of like how pistols are used for a "not super potent but it has a low footprint, what do you want" option.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

MechaCrash posted:

That thing you fought early on was not an AC (Armored Core). It was a LC (Light Cavalry).

Armored Cores are made from parts you pick off a list. LCs are single units, so instead of some patchwork hodgepodge bullshit, it is a single unified unit with everything optimized and meant to work together. Or so the LC pilots will will you. :v:

As for the gatling gun, I find it to be useful in the right kind of mission, which I think this one was. Gatlings are nice for taking out swarms of little bullshit guys, and that's what you were mostly fighting. I will agree that your performance against the Ekdromoi was pretty nice, though! And that assault armor kill on the rematch? :discourse:

I assume you already did the mission and just need to get the video uploaded, but I had a little chuckle. The Sweet Sixteen is mostly for when you want a shotgun but have gently caress-all weight to devote to it, kind of like how pistols are used for a "not super potent but it has a low footprint, what do you want" option.

The Ekdromoi themselves consist of a heavily specialized LC and HC (heavy Cavalry) unit that work in tandem, They dropped on you from orbit basically. Yes, Armored Cores and the like can happily just yeet themselves from space onto a planets surface, the boosters allow for a controlled descent and landing. And LCs+HCs have frankly even more advanced boosters than an AC does.

Nat I also hope you have taken some time to dig around in replay missions to hunt for some lore data logs to flesh things out.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

There are three different ways to finish the stealth mission. gently caress up Swinburne without listening like you did, take his bribe to stand down or reject the bribe.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Nat, sometimes I'm just surprised at how quickly when you get a panic, you just shut down all sense of direction. :allears: But you still managed to pull off the win.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
I took the bribe, let's just say it's easier to just ice Swinburne.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
The funniest way to handle Swinburne is to accept the bribe but ice him before he can leave. There's even special dialogue for it.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Tarezax posted:

The funniest way to handle Swinburne is to accept the bribe but ice him before he can leave. There's even special dialogue for it.

accept dialogue, drop weapon, punch him in the face.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 22, 2024

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.
Link goes to ep. 17.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Doobeedoo posted:

Link goes to ep. 17.

Fixed! Thank you!

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.
I don't comment much, btw, but loving the playthrough. I just... usually don't have anything to say, so I don't.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I have opinions about which mission you should choose next for the decision because of a design decision I disagree with. Opening both the corp mission chain and the RLF mission chain in the first run is annoying because they have different requirements in the second run. Needless to say, my opinion is that you should go for the corp mission chains on all choices of the initial run and then all RLF mission chains, because it means at the natural end of the game you'll have all the missions unlocked and done.

None of that is actually significant spoilers and you've definitely already recorded beyond this, I just think it's a minor tripping hazard that From didn't need to add to this.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Nat you mentioned it in the video, but the thing with tank legs is

You don't stop for anything, you just keep moving and blasting, and Tanks are very fast in a straight line, their turning and manuevering is less good.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

There's a lot of back weapons you might want to try. The starting missiles you keep using are not that great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Slaan posted:

There's a lot of back weapons you might want to try. The starting missiles you keep using are not that great

I've tried a lot of them offscreen but none of them really do what I want which is maintaining stun gauge while my bazooka is down. The quad missiles cool down so fast that they really help that.

I think I've said that I hope I can replace them with more engines in the future.