Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Biden gave Mr Myers a job building this AI datacenter whose main function will be removing a lot of other people's jobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Nichael posted:

gotta admit, i never voted for abraham lincoln

Just what I would expect from someone from a slave state.

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

SniperWoreConverse posted:

If you can't accept concrete on time you still pay for it but the truck leaves lol yeah the dude should be pissed

Depends on your contract whatever but yeah if it stays in the truck too long it can ruin both the load and the truck itself

U mitch should probably be informed this isn't insane it's a potentially catastrophic spike in costs to the point the guy is paying to work, depending on how things are set up over there

Not to mention that it means concrete finishing crews sitting around doing nothing, and if you're half way through a pour and the concrete sets too much before you're done, you can get lovely cold joints that'll crack/honeycomb and let water in that'll rot your rebar leading to spalling and potential structural deficiencies

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Pleated-pants lanyard dipshit dems would never understand this (how could they?) but you don't interrupt actual working people when they're working. They hate that poo poo. When I'm working with a client I make it very clear I want to do it on their time and not interrupt their work because I understand the psychosis of the modern working environment. People are under extreme pressure because their livelyhood is at stake, again how could dems understand this.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

gradenko_2000 posted:

Just one of the things you learn from playing Workers & Resources : Soviet Republic

i actually knew this, luckily not from personal experience but still from irl: you can and will get absolutely hosed if delivery is not on time and to spec for concrete and everything else. I guess concrete was one of the first just in time products if you think about it but the tldr is Biden cocking around and loving up shipments is an actual real problem for the people doing these jobs and trying to handle the logistics of serious projects. umich is just not familiar with having to work on poo poo. many such cases, sad

side note it's really unfortunate that they can't use the insane waste heat from this expensive turd for something worthwhile instead of just puking it into the environment but that would take effort and planning. Maybe they could bribe the locals with some district heating offset but when the piece of poo poo fails in a decade they don't want to be on the hook. Maybe you could use some sort of regenerative extraction to eek out a tiny bit of cost savings but if you could do that you'd have already done it on all the datacenters anyway.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

the dumbass is right

Im super nonplussed about the simple brained insistence on the importance of the incumbency advantage in the face of a guy with extreme, record-breaking negatives and also clear dementia. Like if we get to the election and there's not been a palace coup in the dem party and biden hasnt been put aside I will be in disbelief despite the fact that i fully expect him to be the candidate.

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

side note it's really unfortunate that they can't use the insane waste heat from this expensive turd for something worthwhile instead of just puking it into the environment but that would take effort and planning. Maybe they could bribe the locals with some district heating offset but when the piece of poo poo fails in a decade they don't want to be on the hook. Maybe you could use some sort of regenerative extraction to eek out a tiny bit of cost savings but if you could do that you'd have already done it on all the datacenters anyway.

I can't tell if you're referring to Joe Biden or whatever UMich is building. I'm going to assume you're talking about Biden, though him making it another decade is being pretty generous. He's not a well man.

das hipster has issued a correction as of 15:06 on May 14, 2024

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

i actually knew this, luckily not from personal experience but still from irl: you can and will get absolutely hosed if delivery is not on time and to spec for concrete and everything else. I guess concrete was one of the first just in time products if you think about it but the tldr is Biden cocking around and loving up shipments is an actual real problem for the people doing these jobs and trying to handle the logistics of serious projects. umich is just not familiar with having to work on poo poo. many such cases, sad

just dry strawberries on the racks, chicken wire cant be that expensive

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

quote is not edit

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

das hipster posted:

Not to mention that it means concrete finishing crews sitting around doing nothing, and if you're half way through a pour and the concrete sets too much before you're done, you can get lovely cold joints that'll crack/honeycomb and let water in that'll rot your rebar leading to spalling and potential structural deficiencies

exactly. could be the whole thing's hosed, best case is it's something stupid like just for parking or some poo poo that isn't going to be a huge supercritical deal this very second, not the actual cooling systems.

Gorson posted:

Pleated-pants lanyard dipshit dems would never understand this (how could they?) but you don't interrupt actual working people when they're working. They hate that poo poo. When I'm working with a client I make it very clear I want to do it on their time and not interrupt their work because I understand the psychosis of the modern working environment. People are under extreme pressure because their livelyhood is at stake, again how could dems understand this.

I would be actually shocked to see someone above a certain level of "competence" with this attitude lol

Malleum posted:

this is the kind of thinking that should be getting a raise, plus biden can sleep in there to save space (he's already mummified u see)

SniperWoreConverse has issued a correction as of 15:10 on May 14, 2024

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer

Also, in a lot of blue collar work the reality is if you aren't "working", you aren't getting paid . No concrete on the ground means you're delivering and getting paid for fewer loads. So, these guys are losing a not insignificant sum of money so Biden can pat himself on the back, of course they'd be pissed.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Jimong5 posted:

Also, in a lot of blue collar work the reality is if you aren't "working", you aren't getting paid . No concrete on the ground means you're delivering and getting paid for fewer loads. So, these guys are losing a not insignificant sum of money so Biden can pat himself on the back, of course they'd be pissed.

Some dumbass Lib: This. Is. INSANITY

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Malleum posted:

sorry all the chicken wire was used for the new bitcoin mining farm

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Gorson posted:

that's not real because everyone is experiencing the bliss derived from pursuing one's passion and never working a day in one's life

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

my bony fealty posted:

It's massive apologia for a genocidal slaving empire it's great lol

Wanna see a musical production about Reinhard Heydrich where the cast is all Jewish and Roma

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
https://twitter.com/ChrisDJackson/status/1790372117747302684

The liberal worldview made explicit. Politicians (besides Trump of course) have no power or ability to impact anything. Everything comes down to the decisions of voters on a purely individual level.

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀

Probably Magic posted:

The real fun invention is "Judeo-Christian values," because, like, that's conflating already, why not just say Abrahamic? Just this constant dance to avoid saying Islam shares most of its DNA with Christanity. Like, Mormonism is more divergent than Islam.

Thank Irving Kristol for this one

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
uhhh let me be clear

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

VoicesCanBe posted:

The liberal worldview made explicit. Politicians (besides Trump of course) have no power or ability to impact anything. Everything comes down to the decisions of voters on a purely individual level.

it's very fun that he thinks he's advocating for democracy and against fascism by declaring that there's a correct and incorrect way to vote and that the voters for the other candidate deserve consequences lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

uhhh let me be clear

what's the deal with the av

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
i think it's entirely possible that Schnorkles and Biden are right and the polls are wrong

but the reverse could also be true and they might want to plan for that

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

VoicesCanBe posted:

They're taking the whole "privatize gains, socialize losses" aspect of capitalism and applying it to giving credit to politicians

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Trabisnikof posted:

* Trump wins and the scotus cases go such that he's forced to be president from prison somehow. like they have to build a special combo-prison/mini-white house or legally declare the white house a prison or something.

Pretty sure this is a Lex Luthor plot at some point

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Joementum posted:

i think it's entirely possible that Schnorkles and Biden are right and the polls are wrong

pretty much every shred of evidence I've seen has driven me to logically conclude that Biden will eat poo poo, except for the fact that C-SPAM agrees with me, and C-SPAM predictions are always wrong

like, the only reason I'm even entertaining the idea of Biden winning is that we're never right

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Nichael posted:

gotta admit, i never voted for abraham lincoln

Message received, though, I will write in Lincoln in 2024

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Joementum posted:

It's amazing, we haven't even reached the DNC convention and they're already just given up in politicking

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

it's for the Great Poll Unskewing

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius posted:

what's the deal with the av

i haven't bought an av on here in probably 10 years i think, but i do miss my bookit gangtag

Jon Carbuncle
Sep 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
imagine needing polls to tell you that Biden sucks and will lose

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i donated enough that bookit said they would send me a mug and wouldn't you know it, those bastards welshed. that gangtag was all i had...

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I read a few pages of the peace thread and my question was, unfortunately, answered

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

loquacius posted:

pretty much every shred of evidence I've seen has driven me to logically conclude that Biden will eat poo poo, except for the fact that C-SPAM agrees with me, and C-SPAM predictions are always wrong

like, the only reason I'm even entertaining the idea of Biden winning is that we're never right

Biden will win because God is real and He hates us all.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

VoicesCanBe posted:

There's audio of Trump straight up saying "get me 10,000 votes in Georgia" and they somehow botched the case, just stunning

ah well, nevertheless

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

VoicesCanBe posted:

There's audio of Trump straight up saying "get me 10,000 votes in Georgia" and they somehow botched the case, just stunning

like all professional Democrats the prosecutor and everyone else involved in the case is a cynical climber only out for personal gain, who knows Trump poses no harm to them and probably helps them, and it's great to see that come crashing down on them

party of useless narcissist PMC fucks

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

team biden doing "unskew the polls"........ maybe we'll get a lib january 6th

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

Godlessdonut posted:

Biden will win because God is real and He hates us all.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
Doing target practice on your foot ftw

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1790385220983677016?t=bfTi6FicYapQHlNaPPoMUg&s=19

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Godlessdonut posted:

Biden will win because God is real and She hates us all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"The most legislatively accomplished president".

You keep using that phrase. I do not think you know what it means.