Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Ok so in all likelihood this is exlo

Hmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

fool of sound posted:

It's Obama/Salad. I will not be voting anywhere but one of them.

Hmm.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

saladscooper posted:

Ok so in all likelihood this is exlo

Hmmmm

Anyone else dislike this post? States the obvious and nothing else.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Well everyone’s here, I ain’t dragging this out.

##vote salad

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Be nice for everyone to indicate they are still here

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

##unvote

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
That little “tee hee im going to trick scum into a failed rush” gambit feels pretty performative Obama.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
That said I still prefer salad to obama because I think salad is like 95% chance scum, and obama is like… 70% with an outside chance of scum cube playing unusually well. I still don’t buy somber scum.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Eh gently caress it then ##vote salad

Unvoted as I couldn’t keep F5’ing but at least ill know for certain if salad is scum in the next 30 minutes

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Makes me paranoid no one is posting now, almost like scum could be trying to organise a rush

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

##unvote

Need to rethink

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I’m paranoid that it’s fos/somber now

Still don’t think it’s cube

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Bold. Would scumOA pretend to try and bait a scumrush? TWICE?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Also worth considering, would townOA have the patience to try and bait a scumrush, twice?

All vanilla game, endgame. Didn't hold out ALL that long. Probably.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Scumrush bait on salad only "works" if salad isn't scum. Hmm.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Fool was your strongest town read yesterday, has that changed at all?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Thinking I should discard all my prior conceptions of people and just reread. Soon tm.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I kinda want to kill fos tbh, still can’t bring myself to try and kill somber yet despite my suspicions

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I get the feeling TPC would have been back on fos today if they’d survived the night. Been on their case most of the game and especially yesterday. This close to end game night kill targets really matter for scum. Feels weird that somber still hasn’t been killed too despite several people town reading them

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
i'm in a similar place with Somber. they've been not under any suspicion all game and yet they're still alive and that's wrankling my horgers.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

Fool was your strongest town read yesterday, has that changed at all?

Yes. FoS has outfoxed me the most in endgame situations and so I am having trouble calibrating properly.

It's strange that they seem to be hard town-reading both of us.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

saladscooper posted:

i'm in a similar place with Somber. they've been not under any suspicion all game and yet they're still alive and that's wrankling my horgers.

Keeping me alive and killing tpc definitely feels like a strange play.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

There are what, 3 reasons we're all alive right now?
A) Scum think they're a plausible mis-elim.
B) Scum think they'll reasonably-reliably vote for (not scum).
C) Are scum.
D) Scum didn't really think about it.

A pure vanilla game means I think that's it?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

CubicalSucrose posted:

There are what, 3 reasons we're all alive right now?
A) Scum think they're a plausible mis-elim.
B) Scum think they'll reasonably-reliably vote for (not scum).
C) Are scum.
D) Scum didn't really think about it.

A pure vanilla game means I think that's it?

(I added D late, I guess it's actually four)

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I assume TPC is dead because they tend to swing around and vote unpredictably compared to... everyone else alive atm lol.

I still think that salad is by far the safest elimination today. They've been kinda coasting along quietly since their near-elim d1, staying just under the radar

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

fool of sound posted:

I assume TPC is dead because they tend to swing around and vote unpredictably compared to... everyone else alive atm lol.

I still think that salad is by far the safest elimination today. They've been kinda coasting along quietly since their near-elim d1, staying just under the radar

Why aren't you willing to vote Somber or me today?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

HEY SO - whoah capslock on. Hey so hear me out. With this weird voting pattern of 2-2-2-1, there are only three people without votes. It's me, fool of sound, and Obama.

do you think the *most likely* split of votes on our current candidates is 3 town and 1 scum? that is to say that we have 3 town and 1 scum in our pool of candidates with votes. (yes i'm assuming 2 scum bc that's what I'd do if I were modding)

i do think that's the most likely, which leads me to believe that Fool of Sound or ObamaAkbar is the other scum. right now i'm leaning fool because no one seems to have an actual read on them.

(let me know if this makes sense)

I think this post looks a bit townier in retrospect.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

saladscooper posted:

i desperately want to hammer maugrim but it would probably be a gamethrow

This post was weird.

saladscooper posted:

my read of tpc is based on them coasting to victory in recent cookfia as scum, here they're actually playing the game

like i know cookfia is cookfia and all but the difference is, stark.

This was a better read of TPC than I had.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

CubicalSucrose posted:

Why aren't you willing to vote Somber or me today?

I literally looked through somber's posts and couldn't even find anything I thought was suspicious, much less build a case. For you, it's more of a meta read. You have a habit of "trying too hard" as scum, in a way that comes off as ingenuine, and I haven't seen that demonstrated this game. I don't think you're "clear" like somber is, but I think you're way less likely to be scum than the other two, and this is exlo so I don't want to vote on an outside chance.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Like somber is maybe playing the towniest game I've ever seen lol.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

I'm coming around to Salad, but the hangup is that I'm not sure Salad NKs TPC.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Having a hard time seeing Salad + OA, but a lot of that was shaped by the scumrush bait earlier today.

So is that Salad + Somber or Salad + FoS? I suppose it could be OA + Somber or OA + FoS.

If one of the two scum is Salad, then I think Salad + FoS best explains the NK. I could see scumFoS coming out of the gate today with "OA or Salad" figuring they either win the game or get some towncred on the instant bus.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
the interactions between cube and fos throughout the thread seem genuine to me as i read back. i might be pocketed but i don't think it's the two together of them at least.

i am feeling the salad vote, which mean by necessity i have to believe in the Obama vote. That's harder for me, but it seems more plausible than cube and fos.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I just can’t get over the fact that somber is still here when TPC would be an easier miselim I think.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

fool of sound posted:

This is exactly what scum would want though. One wrong vote from TPC and it’s gg

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Somberbrero posted:

HEY SO - whoah capslock on. Hey so hear me out. With this weird voting pattern of 2-2-2-1, there are only three people without votes. It's me, fool of sound, and Obama.

do you think the *most likely* split of votes on our current candidates is 3 town and 1 scum? that is to say that we have 3 town and 1 scum in our pool of candidates with votes. (yes i'm assuming 2 scum bc that's what I'd do if I were modding)

i do think that's the most likely, which leads me to believe that Fool of Sound or ObamaAkbar is the other scum. right now i'm leaning fool because no one seems to have an actual read on them.

(let me know if this makes sense)

Not sure why cube liked this post, seemed a bit of a reach to me

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

fool of sound posted:

Like somber is maybe playing the towniest game I've ever seen lol.

What exactly has led you to this read? I’d understand if we’d caught scum but town has done pretty badly.

I really can’t get the FOS/somber theory out of my head now.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I want to vote one of them but I’m afraid of possibly throwing the game.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

ObamaAkbar. posted:

What exactly has led you to this read? I’d understand if we’d caught scum but town has done pretty badly.

I really can’t get the FOS/somber theory out of my head now.

Can you find any somber post that you think I should consider suspicious? I couldn’t on my skim between days. Meanwhile salad has an unbelievably scummy record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Like this is exlo I’m not going to be open to voting the person who has like a 5% chance of being scum just cause that chance isn’t 0%. We need to vote the person who is most likely to be scum.

As an aside only one person has been voted and not scum rushed (twice!) and it’s salad. That’s circumstantial on its own but I think that when taken alongside their scum lurking since day 2 it’s pretty damning.

gently caress it, if I’m wrong and it’s a scumrush then gg.

##vote salad