Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Captain Fargle posted:

Friends would have been so much better if they had just realised that Ross is actually a recurring guest character from Always Sunny who got lost and wandered into the wrong show. Instead they want you to feel bad for him.

Episode 12: "Ross and Dee get Married"

Episode 13: "Ross and Dee get Divorced"

Three seasons later "Ross Geller: The Most Divorced Man in Philadelphia" etc etc

I mean there was a pretty good running bit where everytime he gave marriage or relationship advice the other characters would just go "really? From you?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I prefer to think of David Schwimmer as Greenzo, it just works with his whole...face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ7s-WFQBdM

that couch flop is magnificent

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
My favorite David Schwimmer performance is in Band of Brothers. You all should have seen Band of Brothers by now anyway.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Pope Corky the IX posted:

My favorite David Schwimmer performance is in Band of Brothers. You all should have seen Band of Brothers by now anyway.

He made for an excellent example of the kinda guy who risks learning about fragging first-hand, yeah

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Who has not seen Band of Brothers?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I (30M) gorged my company on army noodles and ketchup, then made them run till they barfed, AITA?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:sadwave:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I haven't seen it and I love WWII stuff that's done really well/accurately. I should. I heard the Pacific one isn't as good?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Me?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I haven't and won't because I do not care about the troops

Also I just don't like HBO shows

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I am so proud of the mods. 6 hours is more than enough to get hooked in by Band of Brothers

these posters should be required to report to television headquarters and also they need to watch the wire. you can probably skip season 2

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I haven't and won't because I do not care about the troops

Also I just don't like HBO shows

:same:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Tired: Band of Brothers
Wired: Brand of Bothers

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I heard Band of Brothers was really good, but I never had the time.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I had trouble getting into The Pacific, but it's worth it for Rami Malek getting increasingly unhinged

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

Band of Brothers is amazing and you should all hang your heads in shame.

I'd say use these 6 hours to get a head start on the series, no excuses.

eta: "We salute the rank and not the man" is such an awesome scene.

deported to Canada fucked around with this message at 18:35 on May 14, 2024

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

captainOrbital posted:

I heard Band of Brothers was really good, but I never had the time.

Now you do!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

oo oo pick me

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

jokes posted:

also they need to watch the wire. you can probably skip season 2

Ignore this poster, watch season 2.

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa

jokes posted:

these posters should be required to report to television headquarters and also they need to watch the wire. you can probably skip season 2

Just no.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
I watched Band of Brothers in 2020 while I was laid off and drat it was a good show. I'm kinda pissed I hadn't seen it earlier. The Pacific didn't capture my attention as much and I only watched a bit of it before bouncing off.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I prefer to think of David Schwimmer as Greenzo, it just works with his whole...face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ7s-WFQBdM

i prefer to not think of david schwimmer

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
i watched a couple episodes but bounced off of it. Schwimmer was really good though

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

Generation Kill is another decent series that gets overlooked by some, check that out.

HE'S JUST A SK8R BOI!!!!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

My Spirit Otter posted:

i prefer to not think of david schwimmer

He's apparently a really cool dude in real life

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa
I didn't know Schwimmer was in BoB until he popped up, and it tickled me somewhat to see Ross suddenly appear as this shouty army guy.

Great show, though. I agree The Pacific wasn't anywhere near as engaging.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Ominous Jazz posted:

i watched a couple episodes but bounced off of it. Schwimmer was really good though

How many?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Schwimmer was also the giraffe in Madagascar, so that's something I guess.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the wire season 2 owns just as hard as the rest

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

hawowanlawow posted:

It's such a weird pivot away from the Barksdale-focused seasons and it shows because it's the worst season of the wire

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

hawowanlawow posted:

Like Friends it also has a character inappropriately take a duck as a pet.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

two or three it's been a while

edit: i'm more of a sopranos enjoyer

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Ominous Jazz posted:

two or three it's been a while

edit: i'm more of a sopranos enjoyer

I'm conflicted.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

jokes posted:

It's such a weird pivot away from the Barksdale-focused seasons and it shows because it's the worst season of the wire

nah they're all good but the worst relatively is easily season 5. reporter guy is absolutely insufferable

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Cthulu Carl posted:

I had trouble getting into The Pacific, but it's worth it for Rami Malek getting increasingly unhinged

I keep trying to watch it, but I get sidetracked. I don't have much opportunity for TV these days.

Edit: I really want to re-watch Saving Private Ryan, because I didn't realize all the actors that were in it when I first saw it 25 years ago (Vin Diesel, Nathan Phillion, Bryan Cranston, Paul Giamatti, Ted loving Dansen)

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 19:03 on May 14, 2024

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Ominous Jazz posted:

it also had an infamously bad ending

Did they never get around to meeting the mother?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

tactlessbastard posted:

Did they never get around to meeting the mother?

The mother has been dead the entire time and he's basically asking his kids permission to go bang Robin.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

deported to Canada posted:

Generation Kill is another decent series that gets overlooked by some, check that out.

Can’t look at John Sixta the same way anymore sadly

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
I feel like they wrote themselves into a corner there, because they established pretty early on that Robin was The One That Got Away, and also that she was Not the Mother. So now they have a situation where they have to invent at least one other romance, but it never 'hits' as much as the main pairing everyone is rooting for and so now they have to figure out how to get rid of romance option #2 and loop back around to the first option.

They even tried to make it seem like Ted & Robin would be an impossible situation because not only is Ted with someone else, Robin is going to marry Barney??? Ugh went off the rails so bad and the only reason I know this is bc I binged it when it came onto Netflix and I've always regretted it. Felt like some form of self-harm.

Batterypowered7 posted:

The mother has been dead the entire time and he's basically asking his kids permission to go bang Robin.

it's worse bc they portray the kids as the ones who 'see it' and encourage him - they're like 'dad you CLEARLY loved Aunt Robin this whole time from how you told that story!' and make them push Ted to go after her ~~~one last time~~~~

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 14, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
AITA for reacting negatively towards being forced to watch a show?

quote:

14 M if that matters

So my parents are getting a bit sick of me doing the same things every day (eat, sleep, play games, clean house, learn some stuff). I also am not the best at paying attention and thinking about things ahead of time or even just thinking my interests and discovering new things and answers to my questions, so they want me to watch Band of Brothers (this is important.) Now I don’t mean any hate to the show but I’m generally not interested in regular TV and am more of an anime fan, yet they are forcing me to watch it to “practice processing information and thinking about it”. I’m just confused because my father watches anime too but never bound to think about it for himself, while I think about what anime I watch and thus know information about particular things in said shows (characters, episode plots, etc)

AITA?