Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

Mama’s Family was on constantly growing up, and I don’t think I know anyone else my age who has known what the hell I’ve been talking about the few times I’ve mentioned it

In 5th or 6th grade I was super into all of the Nick At Nite shows to the point that when we had to write about our favorite character in English class I wrote about Latka Gravas.

You get it, The Ganso Bomb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

Anyone else watch a lot of Mama's Family as a kid? My mom was weirded out by me when I was 7. "It's funny, sure, but this show is as old as me," she'd say.

Some stuff is timeless like Golden girls

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think the way the scoundrel Mike Love treated the ingenue Brian Wilson was very unfair, in my lifetime I hope I live to see him be brought to justice for his many crimes and misdeeds.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i got really into the beach boys a few years back, that Brian Wilson Smile Sessions album is GOAT tier but when I saw the live recording concert film they did, my brain ascended to heaven. it's the music of the gods.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DRtMBowKRs

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

He’s the best. Was playing The Beach Boys Love You in the car the other night and my wife (VERY rudely I might add) said it sounded like dogshit. Suppressive person behavior IMO

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Pet Sounds is alright, but like... I ain't gonna listen to old man Beach Boy.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dennis Wilson’s Pacific Ocean Blue is a top 5 Beach Boys album

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cryin' Bryan Wilson

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Surf’s Up is a good album. Brian Wilson put out the worst rap song ever made with “Smart Girls”

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Shard posted:

Some stuff is timeless like Golden girls

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i come bringing the good word of paul simon's graceland: the african concert live from harare, zimbabwe 1987

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Surf’s Up is a good album. Brian Wilson put out the worst rap song ever made with “Smart Girls”

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

King

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

NienNunb posted:

You get it, The Ganso Bomb.

:respek:

Also, Brian Wilson rules. Pet Sounds rules.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

speaking of music, you ever hear a song you've heard a thousand times before, either on the radio, or playing in a store, at someone's house, etc but never listened to it? Then you do and you're like "oh, wow, this is good."
This happened to me this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0tgrlcgINw
:quebec:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Carol Burnett is legit one of the all time greats, she's just absolutely incredible and I was so glad to see her get a good chunky role in Better Call Saul.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I miss Lamb Chop everyday. Miss Piggy owes her entire act to her.

https://youtu.be/PzaWVzK5WQo?si=H5PeQMaQTljiWlrg

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Shari Lewis back in the day…. Oh wow

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its tuesday have a groove

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96zeitgOWUI

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Surf’s Up is John Carpenter’s favorite Beach Boys album.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Stroker Ace posted:

Surf’s Up is John Carpenter’s favorite Beach Boys album.

That and Sunflower frequently trade places as my #1 favorite.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/stanbrakhages/status/1790431921249378597?s=46&t=qMC4CWrJTLL6muchfMx13w

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I would tell Mike Love to stay outside

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ask them what Manson was like and if they got to ride dune buggys with him

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sometimes I do good art

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6-RGawuGxm/?igsh=MThsa29hbXpubmx1OA==

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Dangerous Person posted:

I would tell Mike Love to stay outside

Why do people hate him?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

NienNunb posted:

I think the way the scoundrel Mike Love treated the ingenue Brian Wilson was very unfair, in my lifetime I hope I live to see him be brought to justice for his many crimes and misdeeds.

In the story of the band that bought its weed from Charlie loving Manson because the drummer who married his cousin vouched for him, Mike Love is the villain.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

mariooncrack posted:

Why do people hate him?

motherfucker was never in the navy and wears "NAVY" hats with the tassels and poo poo

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I’m an administrator of the navy, mike love is naval as hell

A real boat boy

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

It took me so long to understand why the vibe of Mama's Family was so different than every other sitcom on TV. Then somebody pointed it out.

It's theater. It's basically a televised theatrical performance in terms of how it's acted, blocked, staged and directed.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

We just sold our old house and we’re getting a refund check from our mortgage. My partner is buying herself a steam deck to celebrate. Please help me think of an equally fun and impractical gift to buy myself, because all I can think of is practical stuff.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

We just sold our old house and we’re getting a refund check from our mortgage. My partner is buying herself a steam deck to celebrate. Please help me think of an equally fun and impractical gift to buy myself, because all I can think of is practical stuff.

you should also get a steam deck.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Get yourself a nice long weekend somewhere. Nice hotel, air bnb, or park cabin.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shard posted:

you should also get a steam deck.

We’re gonna go with one and see how it pans out. She plays way more games than I do but if it turns out that it leads to me playing more games, then I could see us springing for a second down the road.

Part of me wants to buy a Sawstop.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this piece of technology

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I already have one like that on my desk that I got for free on the side of the road!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

We’re gonna go with one and see how it pans out. She plays way more games than I do but if it turns out that it leads to me playing more games, then I could see us springing for a second down the road.

Part of me wants to buy a Sawstop.

That's really practical but also if you do a decent amount of wood working absolutely buy one

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if you wanted to do business you should have done it by now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Cavauro posted:

if you wanted to do business you should have done it by now

lmao