Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Rick posted:

Yeah they said they were "in New York on business" at halftime but they aren't at the game.
Coming in 2025: Inside the NBA on NBC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

is that their real names? they have a Coby, a Cory, and a Cody?
They are. I caught some of their work but stopped after finding out they're Bible-Thumpers (In their doc regarding a prior arena tour)

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Rick posted:

Yeah they said they were "in New York on business" at halftime but they aren't at the game.

At the upfronts/on a churro hunt.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'm just glad the Vancouver riots 30 for 30 is coming out - there hasn't been one about hockey in a decade.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

If Social Media posting about Inside The NBA is anything to go by we might have a legit storming of NBA Headquarters at Fifth Avenue if TNT loses out to NBC.

At the same time, about 90% of the people saying that they won't miss Inside the NBA at all because they're "arrogant" or don't do any analysis look just about exactly how you think they would.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 05:09 on May 15, 2024

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

C. Everett Koop posted:

At the upfronts/on a churro hunt.

This would make sense actually.

Yet another thing I lost with the death of FishCenter is tv execs and stars getting on a fish streaming show drunk and confused as hell during Upfronts.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

Coming in 2025: Inside the NBA on NBC

If it doesn’t have Erneh it’s not Inside the NBA

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

fartknocker posted:

My entire knowledge of Dude Perfect is they randomly show up at some intermission or halftime thing, it is apparent instantly they are loving terrible, to which everyone groans and mutes their TV or complains in a GDT.

The production manager orders me to wrap up my trick shot and I swap my ball for a frisbee and a blindfold. Everyone in the arena groans at my poo poo.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I believe 30 for 30 is now up to 142 for 44, documentarinflation is real

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ESPNPR/status/1790784028892692882

so abc is slowly getting more and more sports

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Soon they will cover the whole wide world

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Soon they will cover the whole wide world

Victories will be thrilled, Defeats will be agony

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the sports bundle has a name

https://x.com/espnpr/status/1791107348590989763?s=46

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/TSN_Sports/status/1791106991164653670

gently caress this is so lovely. Been watchng him since Sports Night on ITV in Edmonton. I know people that knew him and he was a real good dude from everyone I talked to.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

If there's not an alien blowing up 747s in volcanoes with nukes on this service, I don't want it.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

I'm sure it's supposed to be pronounced like "venue" but I will pronouce it like "Wii U" and no one can stop me.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
That thing is gonna last exactly as long as it takes ESPN to release it's standalone OTT service

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Mike_V posted:

That thing is gonna last exactly as long as it takes ESPN to release it's standalone OTT service

I dunno, the Disney+/Hulu/Max bundle proves they might be going into bundling.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

C. Everett Koop posted:

I'm sure it's supposed to be pronounced like "venue" but I will pronouce it like "Wii U" and no one can stop me.

I’ve only ever heard Wii U said as ‘wee you’ which is how I’d say venu/venue anyway

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

EL BROMANCE posted:

I’ve only ever heard Wii U said as ‘wee you’ which is how I’d say venu/venue anyway

I was with you for the first half

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Limu Venu

and Doug

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I was with you for the first half

Dunno why it didn’t click that OP was going to pronounce it Vee-nu. I was concentrating on the U part too much!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I pronounced it Veh-nu.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Venu is a secondary god in scientology I think

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

https://twitter.com/TSN_Sports/status/1791106991164653670

gently caress this is so lovely. Been watchng him since Sports Night on ITV in Edmonton. I know people that knew him and he was a real good dude from everyone I talked to.

Oh drat that sucks.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Edward Mass posted:

I dunno, the Disney+/Hulu/Max bundle proves they might be going into bundling.

Some sort of package where a whole bunch of channels come in via a cable

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Sash! posted:

Venu is a secondary god in scientology I think

No Fods But L. Ron :lron:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Sounds like TNT will just be a combo of reruns and reality poo poo going forward

https://twitter.com/esidery/status/1793268912622055792?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Charles gonna be on the NHL panel

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Charles gonna be on the NHL panel

“I can’t skate, but the Canucks’ power play is turrible

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

or the college football playoff panel

https://x.com/ESPNPR/status/1793375142275608838

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

We’re going to end up with some deal where Turner produces Inside the NBA for ESPN.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Truther Vandross posted:

We’re going to end up with some deal where Turner produces Inside the NBA for ESPN.

hadn't thought about this but it's now my preferred outcome, two birds one stone

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Truther Vandross posted:

I hadn’t thought of this but it would be a nice solution to the problem.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://x.com/Pac12Network/status/1794231408560656555

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Stan Van Gundy was on South Beach Sessions with Le Batard and it got absolutely soul-crushing. I didn't know Stan lost his wife to suicide.

quote:

“I was blessed with an unbelievable woman and a great family. And my responsibility in this life, my primary responsibility was and is to this day to take care of those five people, in every way possible, and my wife reached a point of despair and hopelessness and whatever else where her life and her life with me was not worth living anymore. And my responsibility was to take care of her and to give her a great life, and I failed in that.”

“My therapist will tell me no, it was mental illness … on an intellectual level, I get that. I get that he’s right. But what I’m saying … is not that I’m correct in my feeling, but that is my feeling. And there’s a difference between my head knowing that this was a true illness going on with her, that’s different than what my gut tells me every single day. I can be on a Zoom call with my therapist and know what he’s telling me is right, and an hour later, it just doesn’t feel that way. That’s what I can’t reconcile, is the feeling.”

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Oh man :(

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yeah I don’t think that detail was publicly known before. It really sucks because Stan is a good guy.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah I don’t think that detail was publicly known before. It really sucks because Stan is a good guy.

Going by some other reports, yeah that’s the first time the cause was given publicly.

Absolutely bawling at this:

quote:

“But more than anything, to live her values. Because her values were better than mine. She taught me a lot, and I want to live her values and a life that she would be proud of. And my kids at times over the last eight months, not often but I think genuinely from their point of view, I’ll do something and they’ll say, ‘Mom would have really been proud of you for that one.’ And that above anything else really makes me feel good because my wife was an incredible person and the loss is huge.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

https://x.com/jomboymedia/status/1795143962686095817?s=46