Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

John should wire the other 50% over to OP and say "wow look you got a massive return on your investment. Now stay away from my big gay horse."

Someone who went halfsies on a big gay horse probably doesn't have the cash for that. Maybe he can get a horse equity loan though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

My boyfriend [32M] didn't like the color I [26F] said reminded me of him and is hurt that I don't want to answer questions like that anymore.

quote:

We've been together for over a year and a half. My last partner died in my early 20s and I took a couple of years away from dating before he and I met. This is relevant because I moved into a home in a very rural and forested area and rode out my grief there. Long walks and sitting outside staring into the trees. I felt safe and comforted, and I really fell in love with nature.

About halfway into our relationship my bf asked me what color reminded me of him, and I said green. I went on with a bunch of personal things and told him "You're my spring after a hard winter." I pointed out a particular shade on my favorite tree.

He just said "Ugh, I hate green." (He had NEVER mentioned this before) and went on about how it was the popular boy color when he was a kid but he never liked it. I said "Uh, sorry I guess?" at the end and we stopped talking about it. He had previously had weird reactions to similar questions, but this was the one that hurt the most because he didn't even listen to my reason and just got annoyed.

Recently he's been sending me tiktoks that are in the vein of that question or "choose which is your partner" and I'm usually just asking what he thinks he is or putting a react on them without responding. I think he is confused and maybe a bit hurt by this, but I feel like bringing up an old conversation he probably doesn't even remember is not going to be helpful. At the same time, I'm not interested in giving him my opinion if there's a wrong answer. Is there a good way for me to approach this?

tl;dr told my bf he reminded me of a color I love for a lot of sappy reasons and he just said "Ugh, (rant about how he hates it)" Now I don't want to answer questions like this and I'm not sure how to tell him

Ugh, I really hated how you answered that meaningless relationship quiz question I asked you. Anyway, let's have you do a bunch more of those

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Facebook Aunt posted:

:dadjoke: I want my lovely band to play at your wedding.

:nyd: No, your lovely band can't play at our wedding.
:dadjoke: Fine. Anyway, I have to leave early the night before the wedding to go practice jam with my lovely band for no particular reason.

Seems sus.

Extra sus since the lovely cover band literally hasn’t played together in decades, but now they’re getting the band back together on that particular day? lol, sure

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Captain Hygiene posted:

My boyfriend [32M] didn't like the color I [26F] said reminded me of him and is hurt that I don't want to answer questions like that anymore.

Ugh, I really hated how you answered that meaningless relationship quiz question I asked you. Anyway, let's have you do a bunch more of those
This bloke hates green eh?

I guess kermit was right. It aint easy.

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Extra sus since the lovely cover band literally hasn’t played together in decades, but now they’re getting the band back together on that particular day? lol, sure

LOL, I thought the exact same thing. Guess who's getting a surprise live band at their reception!

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for telling my husband that his purchase was ill advised and that he has to live with it.

quote:

I love my Tesla. I have had it for almost two years and it runs great. I have saved on fuel and I like the tech.

My husband just got his cybertruck. It is hot garbage. But he really wanted it and we could afford it. I said we should wait for the second model so that they could get all the kinks out of the design. He insisted on being one of the first.

He loved it when he first got it. Lots of attention. Answering questions for everyone wherever he went in it. People taking pictures. I get it. It was supposed to be the future.

Now he hates it. He constantly asks to use my plaid. Which means I would have to use his stainless Aztek. I do not let him unless I know I will not need to go anywhere.

I'm not here to argue about that vehicle. Some people love it some hate it. I know that but it is neither here nor there.

My husband is just upset with me because I am making him live with his decision that I said was not well thought out to begin with.

AITA?

quote:

If he sells it he might be banned from buying another Tesla. He hates it because he is laughed at wherever he goes with it. Some kid was lipping off to him and threatened to throw a glass of water on it.

quote:

I think Tesla will charge him $50,000 if he sells it in the first year. Or ban him from buying another Tesla.

Lol. Lmao, even.

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER
:owned:

esh for owning a tesla

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Please don't sully the name of the merely mediocre Aztek by comparing it to the Incel Camino

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER
the aztek does have its die hard supporters. or maybe just my friend that really likes them.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

A loving hundred thousand dollars for an ugly vehicle that you can't get wet or it voids the warranty.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Please don't sully the name of the merely mediocre Aztek by comparing it to the Incel Camino

dont you dare link incels to el caminos

people who drive el caminos get laid. they usually arent very descriminating

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
What the poo poo they can charge you an extra $50,000 if you sell it within the first year? Or does that mean he pays $50k instead of $100k but they take it back?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Red Rox posted:

What the poo poo they can charge you an extra $50,000 if you sell it within the first year? Or does that mean he pays $50k instead of $100k but they take it back?

Sells for any price to anyone. Its not a tesla specific thing, either. Its a way to weed out resellers from products with waiting lists, same thing happened to the all electric hummer.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for telling my husband that his purchase was ill advised and that he has to live with it.

Lol. Lmao, even.

quote:

Some kid was lipping off to him and threatened to throw a glass of water on it.

Lmfao :owned:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I dont know the details, but Ferarri does a similar thing where they wont even let you buy certain models unless youhave already bought a lesser model.
And if theyfind out that you bought/sold one out of turn, then they ban you from ever uying another ferarri from an official dealership ever again.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Destroy car culture imo

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
If they ban you from buying Tesla they are doing you a favour

But cybertruck owners get what they deserve apparently!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I saw a cybertruck on display last year in LA and it had a matching ATV. I was curious if it was ever released, and it was. It's marketed for children.

Then I got to browsing accessories and the loving tent sent me. It looks like poo poo. The fabric panels are cut so poorly, they're not taut and they're wrinkly and flappy. For 3000 dollars? It's like the wrinkly saggy balls of the tent world. A $30 Walmart tent looks better.

Everyone who falls for this grift deserves what they get.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Hellblazer187 posted:

"We adopted her" in husband's version is such a weird thing to change. Why give a completely fake version of the story if you're trying to find out whether you're an rear end in a top hat? If you give a fake version you'll get a fake answer. Even if all you want is validation, it's fake validation. What's the point?!

Yeah the adoption thing was one of the bits that kind of makes it fall apart for me - neither of the writers are reliable after that. Is the kid adopted and struggling, or a demon teenager from hell that dad brought in and forced on his family? Could be either, could be good bait cause it engages everyone; throw it on the pile

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

Then I got to browsing accessories and the loving tent sent me. It looks like poo poo. The fabric panels are cut so poorly, they're not taut and they're wrinkly and flappy. For 3000 dollars? It's like the wrinkly saggy balls of the tent world. A $30 Walmart tent looks better.

Everyone who falls for this grift deserves what they get.

I just watched a travel video that tested the tent, it was pathetic. It gives you a barely adequate sleeping pad, and the tent cuts you off from using any power outlets to plug things into your battery on wheels. And they give you a cheap rear end bike pump to manually inflate the thing with. Not to mention, multiple basic components just broke during the first night setting it up. Forget Walmart, this $3000 commodity doesn't even live up to that level of cheapo quality.

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

My(28F) bestie(28F) is getting married in 2 months with her fiance(30M), but I have a secret that could potentially end their relationship, should I disclose it?

quote:

My(28F) bestie(28F) is getting married in 2 months with her fiance(30M), but I have a secret that could potentially end their relationship, should I disclose it or not?

My(28F) bestfriend(28F) is getting married in 2 months with her fiance(30M), but I have a secret that could potentially end their relationship.

My bestfriend let's call her Lily(alias) and her fiance Brent are getting married in less than 2 months but I have a secret that could potentially end their relationship, I want to help Brent as he is a genuine guy who truly loves Lily. Few days before her bachelors party Lily's ex texted her saying that he wanted to get back together with her, and that after multiple relationships he realised that he only has had real feelings for her, Lily wanted to make things clear with him so she arranged a meet at her place to sort things out and tell him that she's going to get married. While sorting things out he kept flirting with her and begged her to be with him instead of Brent, tthings got heated and they ended hooking up. The next morning Lily told me all this while breaking down saying that she loves Brent and that she feels guilty for even talking with her ex.What should I do?

TLDR: My(28F) bestfriend(28F) is getting married in 2 months with her fiance(30M), but I have a secret that could potentially end their relationship.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Do you think Ross Geller would have bought a cybertruck

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

Do you think Ross Geller would have bought a cybertruck

I feel like Ross would've bought a funny, European car. Like an electric Smart he can barely fit into.

Joey and Chandler would totally lease a Cybertruck.

Possibly in Monicas name I dunno

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Troublemaker posted:

My(28F) bestie(28F) is getting married in 2 months with her fiance(30M), but I have a secret that could potentially end their relationship, should I disclose it?

TLDR: My(28F) bestfriend(28F) is getting married in 2 months with her fiance(30M), but I have a secret that could potentially end their relationship.

“I’m looking for a gift for my aunt.”

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Corzaa posted:

“I’m looking for a gift for my aunt.”

I just wanted to let you know I appreciated this.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I feel like Ross would've bought a funny, European car. Like an electric Smart he can barely fit into.

Joey and Chandler would totally lease a Cybertruck.

Possibly in Monicas name I dunno

Joey would, as he did with a Porsche, buy a load of Cybertruck merch so people THOUGHT he had one.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I've seen a Cybertruck mixing in with regular street traffic. It looked really loving stupid.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah until the godawful spinoff show Joey, the titular Joey character was quite broke.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Actually at one point his soap opera actor career took off to the point that he could just casually write checks to his friends as well as hold down his NY apartment by himself (since Chandler and then Rachel moved out).

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

Actually at one point his soap opera actor career took off to the point that he could just casually write checks to his friends as well as hold down his NY apartment by himself (since Chandler and then Rachel moved out).

You're completely right, I just wanted to remind people that terrible show existed

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

BrigadierSensible posted:

I dont know the details, but Ferarri does a similar thing where they wont even let you buy certain models unless youhave already bought a lesser model.
And if theyfind out that you bought/sold one out of turn, then they ban you from ever uying another ferarri from an official dealership ever again.

Ferrari has always been like this. The story goes that in or around 1963, Ferruccio Lamborghini (whose business was making tractors at the time) had bought a Ferrari, and had found various minor issues with it after driving it. He decided to tell Enzo Ferrari. Ferrari replied that he didn't want advice from a tractor mechanic.

By the end of 1964, Lamborghini's newly incorporated car company had completed production of its first model of sports car, the Lamborghini 350 GT.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Italian car manufacturer stories are just so fuckin petty and I love all of them, it's great

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

The Ferrari museum in Modena is surprisingly good btw and I say that as someone whose interest in cars stretches as far as watching old episodes of Top Gear when I'm hungover.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Yeah, finding out that one of the most famous car brands in the world exists entirely because of spite is funny.

boofhead
Feb 18, 2021

Whorelord posted:

The Ferrari museum in Modena is surprisingly good btw and I say that as someone whose interest in cars stretches as far as watching old episodes of Top Gear when I'm hungover.

I didn't know Modena had poo poo in it, about ten years ago my boss at the time moved the company from Rome to Modena cos everything was cheaper there and was trying to convince me to move up as well. I went up once to say hi and the place did not spark joy

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Big Gay Horse
please don't sell my Big Gay Horse

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

BrigadierSensible posted:

This happens across the high-end luxuries sector now. In the last twenty years or so the luxury brands have basically all switched from a model of ‘make a nice thing, sell it at a very high markup to rich people’ to ‘make a very limited edition of an already expensive line, offer it only to the customers who’ve spent the most money on your other products.’

It’s a strategy aimed entirely at oligarchs and Saudi royalty - forcing them to spend more to get the artificially scarce status symbol they crave.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
How about a nice spine in this trying time?

AITA for Telling My Sister's Fiancé About Her "Loyalty Test"?

quote:

Using an alt because my friends use Reddit and not sure if I want to open this stuff up to those in my life as things haven't settled between everyone yet. I (26F) have a younger sister, Lily (24F), who’s been with her fiancé, Mark (28M), for three years. They’ve always seemed really happy together, and they’re planning to get married next summer. Lily and I have always been close, but she can get pretty intense and a bit paranoid when it comes to relationships.

A few weeks ago, Lily told me about this plan she had. She wanted to test Mark’s loyalty by having her friend Sarah flirt with him at a party to see how he’d react. I told her it was a terrible idea and that she should just trust him, but she was dead set on it. She said she needed to be sure Mark wouldn’t cheat on her once they’re married.

So, last weekend at a party, Sarah went ahead with the plan. According to Lily, Mark was nice but didn’t flirt back and even mentioned he was engaged. But Lily was still upset because she felt he didn’t shut Sarah down "forcefully enough."

I thought this whole thing was really unfair to Mark. He had no idea he was being tested, and I felt bad for him. So, I ended up telling him what Lily did. He was shocked and hurt but thanked me for being honest with him. Now, Lily is absolutely furious with me. She says I betrayed her and ruined her relationship. She won’t talk to me, and she’s saying I overstepped big time.

Our parents are split on this—Mom thinks I did the right thing, but Dad thinks I should’ve stayed out of it. Mark is now reconsidering the engagement, and Lily has cut me off completely.

I’m feeling really torn and guilty. I don’t know if I did the right thing by telling Mark or if I should’ve just stayed out of it. AITA? And if I am how do I fix this? Should I try to repair my relationship with Lily, Should I reach out to Mark again or give him space?

Any advice would be really appreciated. I’m so lost right now.

What drives people to create no-win tests? Because you know if Mark was forfecul with Sarah, then Lily would have been up his rear end about that instead.

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa

DoubleNegative posted:

"But Lily was still upset because she felt he didn’t shut Sarah down "forcefully enough."

I guess her first loyalty should be to her sister, within reason. But I'd want to know if my future wife was this crazy and she sure did Mark a solid from that perspective.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

DoubleNegative posted:

How about a nice spine in this trying time?

AITA for Telling My Sister's Fiancé About Her "Loyalty Test"?

What drives people to create no-win tests? Because you know if Mark was forfecul with Sarah, then Lily would have been up his rear end about that instead.

I'm more on the "wasn't forcefull enough" team?

I mean, bloke said "No. I am engaged." What else was he supposed to do?

Tests like this have no winners. Just an insecure loser who will find fault no matter what the other party does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

ApplesandOranges posted:

Yeh but then he loses it all and his poo poo gets repossessed, and I always remember he's like gasping over them taking this plastic bird statue away.