Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

morestuff posted:

Things seem to be trending that way but that’s also a bullshit rando twitter account and nothing has happened yet

https://x.com/awfulannouncing/status/1790473634877743172?s=46

Pro click.

Makes sense, getting games on NBC is better for the league and why they are fighting about matching rights.

Though I wonder, the part no one is talking about is that Turner runs NBA TV for them. Who is gonna take over that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Rick posted:

Pro click.

Makes sense, getting games on NBC is better for the league and why they are fighting about matching rights.

Though I wonder, the part no one is talking about is that Turner runs NBA TV for them. Who is gonna take over that.

i volunteer to take it over

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Rick posted:

Pro click.

nba will probably take over it themselves; they have their own production arm and can probably handle doing a panel show if that even needs to exist between the three other networks offering coverage

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
oops meant for gdt

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
As i mentioned before, I would be shocked if Amazon didn't pick up the TNT crew for their NBA broadcasts.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Lifespan posted:

As i mentioned before, I would be shocked if Amazon didn't pick up the TNT crew for their NBA broadcasts.

I could be mistaken but I believe Ernie has said he is loyal to the turners and their station. Of course he could be posturing for a huge buyout but we will see.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I love nikola jokic

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

ex post facho posted:

I love nikola jokic

we love a big ol slob dont we folks

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Papes posted:

I could be mistaken but I believe Ernie has said he is loyal to the turners and their station. Of course he could be posturing for a huge buyout but we will see.

the dude is like 70 years old. hes not posturing for a huge buyout hes cruising to retirement

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

fart simpson posted:

the dude is like 70 years old. hes not posturing for a huge buyout hes cruising to retirement

Could be for sure, I just don’t think the crew returns as-is on another network

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Papes posted:

His dad worked there, also he still does baseball so he's not out of a job if basketball is gone

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Inside the NBA is like 15 years past its expiration date.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Blind Pineapple posted:

Inside the NBA Shaq is like 15 years past its expiration date.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

Pro click.

That is wild. I get it from the NBA's pov, more people are cutting the cord and being on NBC +ABC gets you a massive untapped audience.
I also get wbd, clearly the nba isn't negotiating in good faith here.

Someone give me 2 billion dollars and i'll put on some games

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Kyle Anderson needs to play zero minutes in Game 6. I don't care if this means Rudy plays 45; poo poo, they only lost his minutes by 2 tonight. He was not the worst guy on the court; it's not like anybody could have guarded Joker tonight.

Alas, with how much Finch loves him he'd probably need to get shot. I'm terrified he begs Connolly to try and re-sign him. I want this to be the last I see of him in a Wolves uniform.

I suspect Conley plays on Thursday no matter what. The way he sees it, he feels this could be his last chance.

Not expecting a win. If they get one, great. Just don't get run out of the building, that's all I ask. Try scoring more than 97 points, for gently caress's sake. Do that and I can look back on the positives and feel good about a team that made me believe.

Anyway, my most basic, weaksauce, pseudo-contrarian opinion is that Inside the NBA went downhill when they traded Webber for Shaq. They already had a dumb, funny guy in Chuck. They did not need a dumb, unfunny guy.

maruhkati fucked around with this message at 06:52 on May 15, 2024

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

draymond is putting on a Generational Hating Performance on the postgame show just absolutely eviscerating rudy gobert

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

maruhkati posted:

Kyle Anderson needs to play zero minutes in Game 6. I don't care if this means Rudy plays 45; poo poo, they only lost his minutes by 2 tonight. He was not the worst guy on the court; it's not like anybody could have guarded Joker tonight.

Alas, with how much Finch loves him he'd probably need to get shot. I'm terrified he begs Connolly to try and re-sign him. I want this to be the last I see of him in a Wolves uniform.

I suspect Conley plays on Thursday no matter what. The way he sees it, he feels this could be his last chance.

Not expecting a win. If they get one, great. Just don't get run out of the building, that's all I ask. Try scoring more than 97 points, for gently caress's sake. Do that and I can look back on the positives and feel good about a team that made me believe.

The first six games of the playoffs the Wolves were going insane on offense, Ant looked like Jordan, they were playing way above their league average offense of the season. And now they're back to where they were before and they can't keep up. You just can't win when you as a team shoot 30% from 3 and your opponents are shooting 50.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Ghost Dog posted:

draymond is putting on a Generational Hating Performance on the postgame show just absolutely eviscerating rudy gobert

Rudy was fine. Jokic was just on one

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
That’s just what a true MVP does - you can’t stop him when he takes over a game.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I fully expect the Pacers to shoot 69% from 3 Thursday and force a game 7.

Wolves man, the vibes are rancid. They talked so much poo poo after game 2 and could not back it up at all. Jokic doesn't even look like the same player from games 1 and 2 and there has been no answer for Aaron Gordon??? :stare:

Celtics need to take care of business tonight, I'm still not sure how Thunder-Mavs is gonna end up, that one's probably going 7 too.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 12:51 on May 15, 2024

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
These playoffs have been loving great. Just watched Pacers v Knicks so pumped.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
I was getting really nervous that Brunson was still in the game with 4 minutes left and the Knicks up by 20+

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

The current NBA TV contracts run through next season, so this isn't exactly the best source.

Rick posted:

Pro click.

If the NBA claims "matching" isn't "matching" this is absolutely ending up in court. Obviously you can't literally do the exact same thing on different networks.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Bellmaker posted:

I fully expect the Pacers to shoot 69% from 3 Thursday

They can shoot whatever they want from 3 on Thursday, since they play the Knicks on Friday.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Can't wait for the NBA Playoffs on Peacock

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007
Last night sucked for the Pacers but now the teams have traded blowouts and have two days off to reset. I do think the Pacers probably blew their shot to win the series though, I like their chances in game 6 but I'd be shocked if they win a potential game 7 at MSG.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
NBC's NBA coverage will not be anywhere near as loose / improvisational as Inside the NBA. If they attempt to emulate it, it will be obvious that a committee of 9 Linda Yaccarinos decided over the course of 12 weekly meetings how to make it funny; that's how NBCU does everything. They'll use the John Tesh song for the intro and add just enough to kill the charm. But like SNF, they'll throw a lot of money at it and it won't be terrible.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
is roundball rock BACK?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

solarjetman posted:

NBC's NBA coverage will not be anywhere near as loose / improvisational as Inside the NBA. If they attempt to emulate it, it will be obvious that a committee of 9 Linda Yaccarinos decided over the course of 12 weekly meetings how to make it funny; that's how NBCU does everything. They'll use the John Tesh song for the intro and add just enough to kill the charm. But like SNF, they'll throw a lot of money at it and it won't be terrible.

Disagree, NBC is inherently terrible

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The SNL writers will decide the future of the NBA

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The SNL writers will decide the future of the NBA

"What's The Deal With The NBA?" hosted by Jerry, Elaine, George and Kramer

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

RandomHodge posted:

Last night sucked for the Pacers but now the teams have traded blowouts and have two days off to reset. I do think the Pacers probably blew their shot to win the series though, I like their chances in game 6 but I'd be shocked if they win a potential game 7 at MSG.

Exactly how I feel. TBH even if they lose on Friday, I can't be upset. I thought they were a borderline playoff team going into the season, and they made huge strides as it all played out. They still have a long way to go, however.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
The issue I've seen the last three games is that Reid, McDaniels, and KAT for most of the game all look like they're pressing like crazy. Denver's roleplayers are just completely outplaying them, aside from short sequence like KAT going crazy in the first few minutes of the third last night. Loser stink all over them.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Bellmaker posted:

I fully expect the Pacers to shoot 69% from 3 Thursday and force a game 7.

Wolves man, the vibes are rancid. They talked so much poo poo after game 2 and could not back it up at all. Jokic doesn't even look like the same player from games 1 and 2 and there has been no answer for Aaron Gordon??? :stare:

Celtics need to take care of business tonight, I'm still not sure how Thunder-Mavs is gonna end up, that one's probably going 7 too.

i hope the pacers figure it out. and hope the wolves do too, and the celtics shall win game 5

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Wild how Rudy seemed like he finally fought for some respect and Jokic just kicked that out the door

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
Ironically Rudy was really effective against all the other Nuggets.

The four days off between game 2 and game 3 were very, very good for the Nuggets imo. It let Murray and KCP get a bit healthier, and it gave Malone time to work serious magic - both psychological and tactical.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah Rudy is still a very very very good defender.

Joker just does that to literally everyone lol.

He's the best player in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

Wild how Rudy seemed like he finally fought for some respect and Jokic just kicked that out the door

I think he was never gonna get any respect from certain sections of the media no matter what he did, and his personality doesn't seem to do him any favours. He can't guard Jokic, that's great, no one else can lol

I don't think there's anyone left in the playoffs who'll do a better job