Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: loquacius)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

it's giving real "old men in wife-beater tank-tops yelling at each other over their fence about dog poo poo or something" vibes imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
Our tariffs are good because we are doing them for good reasons, not bad ones

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

https://x.com/RadishHarmers/status/1790799219852489080

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

loquacius posted:

this is the dumbest poo poo

debates are normal! They happen every election! Stop doing this weird macho bullshit over them!

He is seen as so frail and weak that copying Trump's bravado is the best strategy they have right now. The issue is it doesn't work in practice whenever he has to actually speak so it's going to look real weird when weeks of Big Swingin Dick attitude lead into a confused old man embarrassing himself and potentially getting mocked by his opponent.

Maybe people will feel sorry for him or something.

Rectal Death Alert has issued a correction as of 18:54 on May 15, 2024

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Rectal Death Alert posted:

He is seen as so frail and weak that copying Trump's bravado is the best strategy they have right now. The issue is it doesn't work in practice whenever he has to actually speak so it's going to look real weird when weeks of Big Swingin Dick attitude lead into a confused old man embarrassing himself and potentially mocked by his opponent.

I'm not sure it's entirely coming from handlers, remember when he challenged that guy to a pushup contest or something

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

Everyone rational can admit he is unfit for office and shouldn't be voted for but after everyone is used to 4 years of extremely obvious late stage dementia it might poll poorly to roast him on national television. There are probably a significant number of people who don't support him who still believe in decorum and not kicking hospice care patients when they are down.

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013
https://twitter.com/alex_usyd/status/1790780178110837173

it must feel so nice to be a liberal :(

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
lord, ive not asked for much but having one of the old fucks stroke out live at a debate would be a blessing

satan, you got a chance to one up the big guy here by getting both

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

One of them will trip on stage and then the other will become president.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

that's quite a list. i'm glad humility is on it

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Willa Rogers posted:

6 different shots for a 14-second clip, lol.

Can't wait for June 27, though. :dance:

this is loving incredible lol, and he STILL sounds like his teeth are coated in peanut butter

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Trabisnikof posted:

this is one of the core ways that our democracy is broken by this specific form of neoliberal hyperpluralism that we have.

telecom companies will always be able to out lobby the public about spam calls. the public cares more about death and starvation so focuses on those issues instead. the telecom companies can spend millions a year to lobby just about spam. so the telecoms generally win.

an economist looks at this and sees nothing wrong, but the conclusion of the system is obvious. profitmaking interests will be able to stymie human concerns on average. sure a dedicated lobbying campaign from humans might win out an issue here or there, but the overall trend will always point towards the profitmakers.
the only reason every public restroom doesn't have a tollgate is b/c the toilet rentier class skimped on lobbyists and campaign contributions

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

World Famous W posted:

lord, ive not asked for much but having one of the old fucks stroke out live at a debate would be a blessing

satan, you got a chance to one up the big guy here by getting both

both candidates dying so close to the election in the current US political climate would throw it in a civil war lmao

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
well poo poo, im praying even harder now

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

spacemang_spliff posted:

37 likes lol

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Nix Panicus posted:

Why does it even matter who is president when policy continues on regardless of what the dotard in the big chair says?
dotard ronald reagan would have called up the prime minister of israel and accused him of committing a holocaust

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

comedyblissoption posted:

the only reason every public restroom doesn't have a tollgate is b/c the toilet rentier class skimped on lobbyists and campaign contributions

You used to have to pay to use a public restroom untill the 70s when it was ruled to be discriminatory to the disabled.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Popoto posted:

both candidates dying so close to the election in the current US political climate would throw it in a civil war lmao

inshallah

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Srice posted:

I'll never forget how in 2020 Biden happily accepted the endorsement of the guy responsible for the poison water to begin with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPnZyA-2t8g

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

They forgot to add modesty and selflessness to that list.

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 19:46 on May 15, 2024

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Rectal Death Alert posted:

He is seen as so frail and weak that copying Trump's bravado is the best strategy they have right now. The issue is it doesn't work in practice whenever he has to actually speak so it's going to look real weird when weeks of Big Swingin Dick attitude lead into a confused old man embarrassing himself and potentially getting mocked by his opponent.

I think it's been shown that Biden can stutter his way thru short media spots and debates. Anyone banking on him collapsing during it is chasing the dragon's tail. I'd love to be wrong tho.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

loquacius posted:

I'm not sure it's entirely coming from handlers, remember when he challenged that guy to a pushup contest or something

Since Biden was a young man in his 40s he's been a brute and a chauvinist that encapsulates the worst tendencies of toxic masculinity from the assault and exposure of his dick to women to just yelling and trying to dominate anyone on a lower rank than him (that crazy rant at journalists that correctly pointed his bs regarding his schooling). Whatever embers are left in his noggin are always going to latch onto that.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I really don't like Biden!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
another day, another bridge

quote:

A barge has collided with the Pelican Island Causeway in Galveston, Texas, damaging the bridge, closing the roadway to all vehicular traffic and causing an oil spill.

The collision occurred at around 10 a.m. local time. Galveston officials said in a news release that there had been no reported injuries. Video footage obtained by CBS affiliate KHOU appears to show that part of the train trestle that runs along the bridge has collapsed. The barge, which the Galveston Office of Emergency Management said on social media is owned by Martin Petroleum, remains at the site of the collision.

The collision caused an oil spill in the bay, officials said in the news release. The U.S. Coast Guard is responding to the spill, and will determine its extent and initiate "containment and cleanup processes," officials said. The Galveston Office of Emergency Management said that vacuum gas oil, which can be used to make transportation fuels and other by-products, had been visually confirmed in the water and said that about six and a half miles of intracoastal waterway had been closed.

The barge has a capacity of about 30,000 gallons, officials said. The amount that has leaked out is unknown.

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Gunshow Poophole posted:

this is loving incredible lol, and he STILL sounds like his teeth are coated in peanut butter

Mr. Ed energy

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Srice posted:

I'll never forget how in 2020 Biden happily accepted the endorsement of the guy responsible for the poison water to begin with.

I'll never forget how that was completely fine but Bernie accepting a Joe Rogan endorsement was totally unacceptable lmao

Bishyaler
Dec 30, 2009
Megamarm

Popoto posted:

All the liberals with a "let the maid handle it" attitude toward self-defense will be blowing up social media telling us that war is against the rules

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

6 different shots for a 14-second clip, lol.

It's completely insane lol. Literally can't say two of the lines back to back.

Horror_Business
Jan 6, 2007

I'll put a knife right in you.

Shageletic posted:

I think it's been shown that Biden can stutter his way thru short media spots and debates. Anyone banking on him collapsing during it is chasing the dragon's tail. I'd love to be wrong tho.

If there were 5 debates he'd probably crack at some point, but yeah. A bunch of people thought he was going to gently caress up the state of the union and unfortunately it was just boring.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the failing msnbcomcast
https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1790807410086482084

bernard panders
https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1790811320675098816

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Presumably like 10,000 are stuck on the island for now... iirc that's the only way on/off.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
It also could have been done in one take, but then they did the thing where you carve out every millisecond of silence between sentences for a snappier presentation

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

quote:

Q Thanks, Ambassador. When Trump hiked tariffs on Chinese goods, it led to some increased prices for U.S. customers. How can you be sure the same thing won’t happen again?

AMBASSADOR TAI: First of all, I think that that link, in terms of tariffs to prices, has been largely debunked.

gently caress OFFFFFFF

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Instead of a giant debate with a bunch of questions, what of we just had the candidates get together and get a drug test, immediately followed by drawing a clock, live?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

A Big Dark Yak posted:

One two-minute debate where the only question the moderator asks is "Draw a loving clock live on camera."

Goddammit

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

lmao

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Reasons to be a Tankie

1. always right
2. big dick
3. full head of hair
4. extraordinarily humble
5. righteous

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Ham Equity posted:

Instead of a giant debate with a bunch of questions, what of we just had the candidates get together and get a drug test, immediately followed by drawing a clock, live?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

spacemang_spliff posted:

that lib guy posted:

Bar none, I am the most humble-est
Number one at the top of the humble list
My apple crumble is by far the most crumble-est
But I act like it tastes bad outta humbleness
The thing about me that's so impressive
Is how infrequently I mention all of my successes
I pooh-pooh it when girls say that I should model
My belly's full from all the pride I swallow
I'm the most courteous-biddable, hospitable
Reverential, normal-ary Arnold Schwarzen-orgarary
I hate compliments, put 'em in the mortuary
I'm so ordinary that it's truly quite extraordinary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

spacemang_spliff posted:

ANd avoidance of hypocrisy (the worst part)