Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Cavauro posted:

if you wanted to do business you should have done it by now

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

If I had irresponsible money I would buy a welding kit and build go karts

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

How about an indoor hammock

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

All hammocks are indoor hammocks if you hang them indoors.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

It’s the beauty of hammocks.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

A hammock sounds dope. I got two trees that would be perfect.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cavauro posted:

if you wanted to do business you should have done it by now

I don’t understand the reference and I won’t respond to it

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Indoor ham hock

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Indoor ham hock

now we're talkin

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ganso Bomb posted:

We just sold our old house and we’re getting a refund check from our mortgage. My partner is buying herself a steam deck to celebrate. Please help me think of an equally fun and impractical gift to buy myself, because all I can think of is practical stuff.

I bought a guitar to force the universe to give us the house of our dreams.

So maybe a guitar.

And it may have worked since we actually found a house we loved but it's above our budget, but our agent thinks it's a bit overpriced looking at comps AND mortgage rates dropped today so our budget may be a bit more than we started at.

E: gently caress, now I want a hammock in whatever house I end up in.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

In case anyone needs to know, Temu has a better selection of skulls than Ali Express

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

In case anyone needs to know, Temu has a better selection of skulls than Ali Express

Confirmed. I just bought some because AliExpress didn't have the sizes I needed.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

https://youtu.be/2RIEPKEhE2s?si=q_dlQay-armcOMOx

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Anyone else getting more than a bit sick and loving tired of the negativity that Allen brings to the Smiling Friends office?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

What's up with airbnbs? Spending a bunch of money to travel and basically live in somebody else's house. I don't get it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

ChrisBTY posted:

What's up with airbnbs? Spending a bunch of money to travel and basically live in somebody else's house. I don't get it.

its lame. just get a hotel like a normal person

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I’m driving through the North Coast 500 in Scotland in two weeks and Airbnbs seemed like the best choice, and I like getting them for Fest early because my friends and I are old and don’t want to stay in the party hotels.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Depending on the area you can rent some person's whole dang house for the same price of a hotel.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I like Airbnbs cause my wife has a lot of allergies to laundry detergents and poo poo they use in hotels and hotels can be loud and it's nice to have a yard if I bring my dog

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Thank you for the answers.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Oh hello, one night only screening of Aggr0 Dr1ft, don't mind if I do

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i wish i had some beef jerky. and i wish saying you want some drat beef jerky on this forum wasnt so taboo because of moderators. if anyone's got a jerky guy, im all ears

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That DICK! posted:

i wish i had some beef jerky. and i wish saying you want some drat beef jerky on this forum wasnt so taboo because of moderators. if anyone's got a jerky guy, im all ears

they had a ton of jerky at a vendor mall I went to for lunch today and I picked up some.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Shard posted:

they had a ton of jerky at a vendor mall I went to for lunch today and I picked up some.

i was at a gas station in tickfaw and saw some jerky for pretty cheap, but it looked funny. when i asked the clerk if it was beef or actually gator he would only laugh and just trail his sentence off never directly answering the question.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Isn't there literally a dude seeking jerky on these dead rear end forums

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

STING 64 posted:

i was at a gas station in tickfaw and saw some jerky for pretty cheap, but it looked funny. when i asked the clerk if it was beef or actually gator he would only laugh and just trail his sentence off never directly answering the question.

I've had alligator jerky it rules. Also had deer jerky. Also if yall ever find it at like an international festival I can't recommend fried alligator on a stick enough.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

remember when that mod was buying like 2lbs of fatty jerky every other week

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

boxcarhobo posted:

remember when that mod was buying like 2lbs of fatty jerky every other week

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lmao

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

lmao, thank you, i couldnt remember if it was him or axe maniac

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Air BnB made me homeless after being in the same place for 9 years without a late rent payment ever. So i kinda hate them tee hee

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The sacred text

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Jerky thread!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1457686&pagenumber=377&perpage=40

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

anyone here put cardamom in their coffee. its good.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

That DICK! posted:

if anyone's got a jerky guy, im all ears

https://www.beefjerkyunlimited.com/ garlic and cajun is real good imo

boxcarhobo posted:

lmao, thank you, i couldnt remember if it was him or axe maniac

:jerky:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dude seeking jerky sounds like a threatening life form

Speaking of cryptids, I did a great rendition of my summer jam Mothman Bussy on my stream tonight.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lmao

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ChrisBTY posted:

They make a lot more sense for longer-term stays or if you have a lot of people, but even for shorter ones they can be preferable to a hotel. You can stay in a regular neighborhood where locals live instead of some lovely tourist area full of hotels and garbage chain restaurants, they can be cheaper than a hotel (especially for longer stays), they sometimes include kitchens and laundry machines which is nice if you're staying for longer than a few days, and if you're in somewhere like Europe where hotels are the size of a postage stamp, they can offer a bit more space, which is nice if you're not traveling alone.

One time my friends and I went to Ft. Lauderdale beach and stayed at a neat art deco house a block away from the ocean, and it was far cheaper than if we had each gotten our own hotel rooms.

My wife and I were in Europe and stayed in AirBnBs for most of the vacation, but we got to stay in a historic palazzo in Turin and a nice apartment in a nightlife district in Milan, and it cost us less than hotels would have been.

There's pros and cons both ways, and it will certainly depend on where you're traveling. I wouldn't want to stay in an AirBnB in like the suburbs of St. Louis or whatever.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

One time I stayed in an airbnb in LA, just a little house. After the stay the owner messaged me and asked what happened to the sink in the bathroom. I had no clue, she sent me a picture and the entire sink was split in half from the top to the bottom. I told her it was fine when I left and luckily she believed me, I always wondered what really happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I hate AirBnBs, hate the feeling of sleeping in someone else’s place. Love a hotel. Big fan of Hilton-brand hotels, love the complimentary breakfast. The Hampton in Salem, MA is very nice.