Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
When looting I'm constantly using the add to wares option in the right click menu for chests and stuff. It really sucks that there is no option to do that for items laying on the ground. So after picking up all the silverware off the table I have to go to my inventory and add it to wares too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
It’s disappointing that Mass Effect 2 didn’t kill vendor trash forever, but I guess that kind of equipment system makes less sense in a game where you gear all characters equally and lore-backed one-of-a-kind items (and Tavern Brawler) exist.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

wizard2 posted:

Yup!

For my third playthrough, I just would just loot everything, sell everything, buy everything, then quaff an invisibility potion and steal all my gold back until I bored!

In hindsight, all the gold+item through thievery vs normal inventory management never actually gave me an advantage except for stockpiling Arrows of Slaying for Laezel as Archery Fighter, which did rule.

There's a joke here somewhere about wizard2 not being able to appreciate a 130k bag of scrolls.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

skill issue. I loot everything, toss it in one of the many backpacks I looted, and send it to camp if I run out of carry capacity. when it's time to do a sell run I go to the vendor, go to camp, dump all the items in one backpack and then on my face guy (the game will let you go massively overweight like this), then mass add them to wares and sell them. takes no time at all. path of exile dump tab technique ftw.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

wizard2 posted:

I hope your bro appreciates your dillegence :cheers:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I decided that I could no longer avoid attacking the hobgoblin, and at first it seemed that I could mostly push my way to victory but then a bunch more goblins poured in from the outside the hall and I figured it was time to come up with a strategy. I started by closing both sets of doors and placing a smokepowder barrel in front of each. I sent Gale up into the rafters, poised just above the worshipping goblins, Hazel to stand next to the hobgoblin's throne, and my PC and Shadowheart fairly nearby to zap-shoot-push as needed. My PC tossed a void bulb at the goblin group to pull them together for a fireball and... they all saved against it. All of them.

Gale dropped a FB on them anyway and killed almost all of them and the fight was on. Hazel failed (twice) to just push the hobgoblin over an edge but eventually the enemies all died, and no other goblins rushed the room. I guess keeping the doors closed blocked sound and line of sight of the carnage within.

Looted, poked around a little and sent Hazel to retrieve the smokepowder barrels and throw open the doors, but it seems that the goblins outside did aggro, but for whatever reason they just stood there and waited. So I guess from here on in everyone in the castle is hostile. I'll have to kill my way around the corner to get to the final leader, and then back down to the warg pens to update the druid. Guess it's going to be get pretty chaotic out in the courtyard when I leave.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Thuryl posted:

From a gameplay perspective, my vote would be Hell first; it's got a bunch of really nice treasure that will be useful for the rest of the game, while the vampire castle is a lot harder than it looks.

As any proper goon would do, I read the people telling me to go to Hell first and then did the opposite. Though that was mostly because my last save was right in front of Cazador's front door and I didn't want to have to walk back down then back up. That's like a whole minute of walking! Maybe two or three!

Episodeon CXXIII: In Which Zehra Tries To Be Dovahkiin
this is going to be a massive amount of images sorry i'm not sorry

Astarion has a very good idea, imo. while roaming the manor, we encountered a skelly boi who apparently specialized in torturing Astarion in his past life.
I probably should have killed him but i didn't want to aggro the whole drat place, at least not yet, so instead I just threatened to break all his bones until he gave us a magic ring.
that magic ring, plus some words we found in a dictionary next to a dead, cursed girl :smith: opened the creepy door pictured above.

is it poor form to sit in the villain's throne before you actually kill him? probably, but I'm sure as hell not letting Cazador live after what I've seen.
sneaking around in the manor's attic and Secret Trapdoor Area and...good gods, how many people did this guy torture to death?
only one way to find out, by taking the elevator down to whatever hell awaits.

it is a pretty nice-looking hell, i'll give him that. after some convoluted bullshit involving a moving chandelier, I found the, uh...skull of Cazador's once-master.
which decided to talk, and, uh...wow, you guys were real hosed up. i wasn't really expecting the cycle of abuse to be a thing in a game, but it works.

advancing further, and we had a reunion, of sorts, with several of Astarion's past victims, now fuel for the sacrifice. there's not going to be a happy ending to this, is there? :smith:
and, once again, Astarion's voice actor absolutely nailed his performance here, with the barely-concealed horror and remorse breaking through in his voice.

at last, we meet the Cazador. i was expecting someone larger, and maybe actually a giant wasp, and also how the gently caress do you outsmug Lorroakan? HOW?
unlike Lorroakan, he actually had some skills to back up the smarmy attitude, and promptly hosed Astarion up before magically trapping him to be part of the sacrifice. well, poo poo.

the first time I tried this, Cazador ran off to the edge of the room and I had a great idea, namely blasting him off the arena with Thundering Smite.
it turns out that, while you can launch him with it, he just pops back up where he was, minus a bit of HP but still very much alive-ish. then he finished the sacrifice and F8 time!
second try, I made a beeline up to save Astarion, breaking the whole sacrifice thing, before doing the usual routine of beating him to death.
Gale cleared out the various werewolves and bats with Chain Lightning spam...did I mention that (googles) Markoheshkir is, like, really, really, really ridiculously good?
Minthara took a hell of a beating from Cazador and the adds, but she's far too angry to die to some loving prick like him, while I burned his health away with smites and the light from the Blood of Lathander.
all of this set up Astarion to get the last couple of shots in, sending Cazador fleeing to his coffin for an emergency nap.

there's something incredibly pleasing about getting a natural 20 on Very Big Dialog Checks like this. I talked Astarion down from trying to ascend...
but no one was going to try to talk him out of what came next.

:black101: :hf: :smith:

i had to sit and think about this for a bit. leaving the thousands of chattel spawn imprisoned for eternity is...not an option, leaving the other two.
in the end, you just can't leave thousands of near-mindless crimes against nature to run around in agony and misery before being killed, or killing others, but you can at least end their suffering quickly.
or at least that's what I told myself so I could sleep afterwards. throwing Cazador's corpse into the void helped a bit though.

if nothing else, at least Astarion and the seven siblings have their freedom and (un?)lives ahead of them now.
to take our minds off of the minor genocide we might have just done, we decided to go on a bit of a side trip. to find a godsdamn dragon.

i've left most of the Wyrmway out of here, just because this is already a massive amount of images, but thank god for Gale because I'm awful at chess lanceboard.
i have 8 INT okay, my talents are more in talking and hitting things hard and having wonderful hair.
with the trials completed, we went ahead to meet what would no doubt be a mighty ally against the Absolute.

or...not. turns out he's been dead for ages, anOW gently caress WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO ME CHANNEL THROUGH SOMEONE ELSE FOR ONCE

THAT DOESN'T MEAN TWO PEOPLE CHANNEL THROUGH ME AT THE SAME TIME WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS
Ansur was not amused to meet...wait, Balduran? seriously? what else did he leave out of his stories?
anyways, he tried to kill us all afterwards, seeing us as nothing more than a mind flayer's slaves, and we had to fight what's essentially a god.
in spite of a vicious fight and him destroying, well, most of the room we were in, a Lv.3 Divine Smite was enough to put Ansur to rest once and for all.

and with that, we got even more of the emperor's backstory...probably. it says something that ansur was carrying around that last letter, centuries later.
even after all this, I still don't know what to make of him or if we should go along with him or try to save orpheus instead or what to do, really.

Wyll was, understandably, pretty down after all of this, only for The Emperor of all people to give him a pep talk. Atop the four pillars stands The Blade of Avernus.
And for the first time since this all started, I felt...calm.

Solo Wing Pixy fucked around with this message at 11:58 on May 16, 2024

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
Nice work. You could in fact just throw that boss off the edge of the arena and instantly win the fight for a brief time after the game's release, but it was patched out early on (because, well, he can fly).

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Thuryl posted:

Nice work. You could in fact just throw that boss off the edge of the arena and instantly win the fight for a brief time after the game's release, but it was patched out early on (because, well, he can fly).

You don’t get that immunity if you power up though :argh:

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
I absolutely adore Astarion's speech to the Gur after killing all the Spawns instead of releasing or abandoning them. Genuinely the most compassionate-sounding he ever gets, in my opinion. After his reaction to Gandrel in Act 1, he's showing here that he's well and truly grown past remembering the Gur solely as "the people who killed me were Gur, gently caress 'em all", and is willing to spare these people a horrible sight, and a horrible decision to have to make, and actively express remorse for all the pain he's already inflicted on them. I'm proud of you, man. For what it's worth, I do agree that killing the spawns is the best outcome. Offers them a quick mercy rather than unleash 7000 ravenous vampire spawns into the Underdark that Astarion now feels obligated to stay with and watch out for - he's still chained to Cazador's legacy, but this time by his own sense of obligation for his own unwitting part in making them what they are. But with the Spawns put down... Astarion is truly, unquestionably, free. He may still be a Vampire Spawn... but now he lives on his own terms. Cazador is in the past.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Dick Trauma posted:

I was not expecting to have to slaughter goblin children, but you can't spell 'slaughter' without 'laughter.'

https://i.imgur.com/7zNYaQ4.mp4

Like fish in a barrel.

Bonus Drunk Kobolds

https://i.imgur.com/szDxzE9.mp4

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
I still have three drunk kobolds to toss out at some point. I'm very tempted to leave them for the Final Battle.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

BlazetheInferno posted:

I still have three drunk kobolds to toss out at some point. I'm very tempted to leave them for the Final Battle.

Seems like a waste. I would just keep them.

You never know... you may one day be able to import them into Baldur's Gate 4.. 👀

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The whole Cazadar scenario is such a bummer. Like good grief the "best" outcome is murdering 7000 people. But I agree with you that it IS the best since the alternatives are releasing 7000 vampires who are probably even more hosed up and traumatized than Astarion into the world. Or sending 7000 vampires to literal hell and creating Cazador 2.0, albeit with some sick damage buffs. Larian really upped the weight of the decision by making it such a totally ludicrous number of spawn prisoners

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Docjowles posted:

The whole Cazadar scenario is such a bummer. Like good grief the "best" outcome is murdering 7000 people. But I agree with you that it IS the best since the alternatives are releasing 7000 vampires who are probably even more hosed up and traumatized than Astarion into the world. Or sending 7000 vampires to literal hell and creating Cazador 2.0, albeit with some sick damage buffs. Larian really upped the weight of the decision by making it such a totally ludicrous number of spawn prisoners

Even if you let Astarion do his thing I don't think he is also making people eat sewer rats nor is he carving infernal runes into their backs at least :shrug:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Idk if you free them into the sewers/underdark you’re giving them a chance to rise above their ostensible nature which is basically his whole theme, and you can find a scene with the father and a few of the children in the sewer trying to figure things out

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

EorayMel posted:

Even if you let Astarion do his thing I don't think he is also making people eat sewer rats nor is he carving infernal runes into their backs at least :shrug:

:hmmyes:

I went on an Adventure and chose the non kill your companions before they kill you option. I’m gonna go with Wyll and Co down below and tie up some loose ends.

Larian just needs to get working on that DLCIt is on Larian now to let me save them and be the greatest rogue ever by robbing Mephisto :colbert:

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

It's fine to unleash 7000 minor vampires into the Underdark because the Underdark is a chaos zone poo poo hole anyway. They'll fit in just fine. If Astarion feels responsible for this that's on him and can be solved by judicious application of Sun.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Docjowles posted:

I mean, you can just leave them locked up for eternity too if you want an option you can't even begin to justify. You don't even get a cool flying vampire party member from it!

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

I mean, you can just leave them locked up for eternity too if you want an option you can't even begin to justify. You don't even get a cool flying vampire party member from it!

haha that's hosed

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

wizard2 posted:

Seems like a waste. I would just keep them.

You never know... you may one day be able to import them into Baldur's Gate 4.. 👀 gently caress them.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

BG3 is $10 off on Steam at the moment if there is somehow anyone following this thread that doesn't have it yet

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Although I didn't keep the save when I finally managed to successfully poison the goblin's drinking trough and they asked me for a toast I clicked on the option to make some sort of comment about bedding all of them. The response was pretty funny.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Docjowles posted:

BG3 is $10 off on Steam at the moment if there is somehow anyone following this thread that doesn't have it yet

e; nm i cant read

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 16, 2024

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

i am gonna buy it a second time under a pseudonym

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
ok end of act two minthara x dark urge seems like a really bad combination

"I want... REVENGE!!! :twisted:"

"and I want... a CASTLE OF BONES!!! :twisted:"

this better end up with reverse cowgirl on top of the nether brain or i want my money back

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Eau de MacGowan posted:

ok end of act two minthara x dark urge seems like a really bad combination

"I want... REVENGE!!! :twisted:"

"and I want... a CASTLE OF BONES!!! :twisted:"

this better end up with reverse cowgirl on top of the nether brain or i want my money back

At the moment, not quite. Patch 7 makes many promises tho...

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

tarbrush posted:

At the moment, not quite. Patch 7 makes many promises tho...

maybe it's for the best, lae'zel just beat the poo poo out of me and declared me her personal gently caress property for life, she might have an issue with the brain infidelity

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Some companions are cool with you having some frankly disturbing side pieces. Lae’zel is… not. Like I may have nailed Mizora (you know, for science) and she insta dumped me lol. Party pooper.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Do you have to progress a party character's story if you have no interest in them?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Dick Trauma posted:

Do you have to progress a party character's story if you have no interest in them?

No, you don't even have to recruit them if you don't want to.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

BlazetheInferno posted:

I absolutely adore Astarion's speech to the Gur after killing all the Spawns instead of releasing or abandoning them. Genuinely the most compassionate-sounding he ever gets, in my opinion. After his reaction to Gandrel in Act 1, he's showing here that he's well and truly grown past remembering the Gur solely as "the people who killed me were Gur, gently caress 'em all", and is willing to spare these people a horrible sight, and a horrible decision to have to make, and actively express remorse for all the pain he's already inflicted on them. I'm proud of you, man. For what it's worth, I do agree that killing the spawns is the best outcome. Offers them a quick mercy rather than unleash 7000 ravenous vampire spawns into the Underdark that Astarion now feels obligated to stay with and watch out for - he's still chained to Cazador's legacy, but this time by his own sense of obligation for his own unwitting part in making them what they are. But with the Spawns put down... Astarion is truly, unquestionably, free. He may still be a Vampire Spawn... but now he lives on his own terms. Cazador is in the past.

Uh no he's not a still a "Vampire Spawn" he's Vampire Ascendant you dummy and also he now punches people for like 50 damage a pop 5 times a round.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Mymla posted:

No, you don't even have to recruit them if you don't want to.

Guess Wyll better get used to those horns.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

Eau de MacGowan posted:

maybe it's for the best, lae'zel just beat the poo poo out of me and declared me her personal gently caress property for life, she might have an issue with the brain infidelity

She really is the best

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

cash crab posted:

i am gonna buy it a second time under a pseudonym

straight up I bought it three times. Once in early access on gog. Then on ps5 and then on steam.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Dick Trauma posted:

I was feeling like Shadowheart was not being useful in combat so I respeced her to be a Light cleric, and gave her the chest armor that triggers a pulse when you do radiant damage, and a hammer that does radiant damage along with the shield that prevents being critted. She is suddenly packed with BOOM skills so I'll see if this is a worthwhile change.

I've been wandering the goblin fort and thought that maybe the priestess could remove the tadpole. Things took an unexpected turn and there was an appearance by a Mysterious Stranger and now I have all the priestess's stuff. Funny how that works. So I'm 0-2 on getting this thing out of my PC's head.

Sorry to quote this from a couple of pages back, but does anyone know what the armour and shield are called? I'm pretty sure I've found them already, but I have a giant pile of garbage scattered between my party members and camp, so I'm not sure where it is, or if I somehow stupidly sold them. :ohdear: I've also got that holy mace/hammer from the mountain church - so maybe she'll get that, too. Since yeah, I've definitely been thinking about changing her due to her underperforming as-is, into a (hopefully better) light cleric for... well, the usual reasons

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So these legendary books that are worth 2k in act 3... should I be keeping them for anything or should I get these merchants to give me all their cash?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Major Isoor posted:

Sorry to quote this from a couple of pages back, but does anyone know what the armour and shield are called? I'm pretty sure I've found them already, but I have a giant pile of garbage scattered between my party members and camp, so I'm not sure where it is, or if I somehow stupidly sold them. :ohdear: I've also got that holy mace/hammer from the mountain church - so maybe she'll get that, too. Since yeah, I've definitely been thinking about changing her due to her underperforming as-is, into a (hopefully better) light cleric for... well, the usual reasons

Luminous Armor and Luminous Gloves. There are also two rings from Act 2 that are usually paired with this build, Coruscation Ring and Callous Glow Ring. Holy Lance Helm is a strong headpiece for a Light Cleric but you may not have that one yet as it is a bit trickier to find.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Luminous Armor and Luminous Gloves. There are also two rings from Act 2 that are usually paired with this build, Coruscation Ring and Callous Glow Ring. Holy Lance Helm is a strong headpiece for a Light Cleric but you may not have that one yet as it is a bit trickier to find.

Thanks! Those names ring a bell - I reckon I must have the luminous ones somewhere, at minimum. I'll take a look when I'm home. Thanks again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
That was a rude move by mizora in the iron throne