Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
But Who? WHO!?
Cowboys
Giants
Eagles
Washington Football Team
gently caress it, 4-way 8-8-1 tie no survivors
View Results

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Daniel Jones just Jim shrugging at the camera as Brian Daboll rages against the dying light of his head coaching career

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Rogue Elephant posted:

Both teams suck absolute poo poo, the NFL isn't that dumb, unless they really believe in Daniels vs. Nabers

They broke their "Super Bowl winner hosts the first game of the season" rule to feature the boring rear end Packers/Bears matchup as its kickoff game for the Bears' 100th year anniversary. Can absolutely see them featuring the big market teams as its SNF kickoff for similar reasons.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

Giants hard knocks let’s goooooooo!
Not entirely sure why they’ve chosen the shittiest franchise of the last decade including the seasons where the browns had 0 wins. can’t wait to hate our new WR after 2 episodes

There's special rules about hard knocks where teams that were in the playoffs or had a certain record or something can decline to participate, so it always winds up being lovely teams or the Cowboys who's owners don't give a gently caress about winning in the face of more attention

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

fsif posted:

They broke their "Super Bowl winner hosts the first game of the season" rule to feature the boring rear end Packers/Bears matchup as its kickoff game for the Bears' 100th year anniversary. Can absolutely see them featuring the big market teams as its SNF kickoff for similar reasons.

That wasn't just the Bears 100th anniversary, it was the entire NFL's 100th season thing, so they wanted two of the oldest teams that weren't the Cardinals because lol, and also because New England had hosted enough Thursday night openers and gently caress them.

blarzgh posted:

There's special rules about hard knocks where teams that were in the playoffs or had a certain record or something can decline to participate, so it always winds up being lovely teams or the Cowboys who's owners don't give a gently caress about winning in the face of more attention

Any team can volunteer to be on, which is why the Cowboys and Bengals have done it multiple times. The option of the league selecting a team and making them appear without volunteering was added about a decade ago, after the second Bengals stint, since so few teams were volunteering.

The old criteria was that teams were exempt from being forced if they already appeared within the previous 10 years, have a first-year head coach, or made the playoffs in either of the previous two seasons. The Giants actually meet the last criteria, since they got in the playoffs in 2022 so either the NFL changed the rules on who can be forced to appear, or the Giants volunteered. Given the Giants are gonna make this whole 100th season celebration, it wouldn't shock me if they agreed to do it as part of that.

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 18:13 on May 15, 2024

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Leaks are really coming in now.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Thursday night clown ball

Can’t get any better than that

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Second Eagles/Commanders game is week 16.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Eagles get a home TNF game which is nice

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Giants/Cowboys to ruin my Thanksgiving.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

davecrazy posted:

Giants/Cowboys to ruin my Thanksgiving.

Delicious.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Giants aren’t doing real hard knocks but some bullshit draft day hard knocks?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I like the 1930s throwbacks. Don’t @ me.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Eagles getting 3 SNF games. Cowboys getting 3. Surprisingly none of them are against each other.

Giants get one for some reason.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Best part of sucking is getting a ton of 1pm games and almost no national games. Giants start the season with a 1pm game for the first time since 2018

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
1pm games are so much better than prime time

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

indigi posted:

Having a bunch of 1pm games is great because I love watching Scott Hanson going off in a jam packed witching hour

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

Something we can all agree on

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

indigi posted:

:yeah:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

indigi posted:

Counterpoint: Primetime is where the Clowniest of Clownball happens

Black Sunshine posted:

Having a bunch of 1pm games is great because I love watching Scott Hanson going off in a jam packed witching hour

:hmmyes:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Week 5 bye gently caress off nfl

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I hate prime time games cause then everyone has undivided attention watching hurts throw interceptions and sirirnaini being a huge douche on the sideline.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

week 5 bye is whatever. I don't really believe placement of bye helps

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Last year the league punished the eagles for daring to interfere with the Chiefs. Hopefully this year will be more normal schedule wise

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

davecrazy posted:

I like the 1930s throwbacks. Don’t @ me.

They rule, there's nothing else like them even if they are silly looking

it's perfect for a historical alternate we'll only see a couple times anyway

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the gold pants kinda ruin the look to me

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

indigi posted:

the gold pants kinda ruin the look to me

They're from an era when pants were the same color of a mans diarrhea so you could soil yourself on the frozen turf of the Polo Grounds and no one would none the wiser!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

https://x.com/_MLFootball/status/1791182272537735522

:barf:

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
he's playing the long game, joke's gonna be on us when the front office sees something that white and stupid and gives it a QB deal

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

This looks like a car scribbled in a notebook in crayon that they just went with.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Toaster Beef posted:

he's playing the long game, joke's gonna be on us when the front office sees something that white and stupid and gives it a QB deal

:lmao:

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Quiet Feet posted:

This looks like a car scribbled in a notebook in crayon that they just went with.

whether or not it's the real influence, sleuths found some ancient Apple II car design 'game' and the perfect design in the game looks exactly like the cybertruck.

I loving hate elon musk I hope he suffers immeasurably and all that ill gotten wealth ends up doing something good for humanity somehow.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

he won't, and it won't

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

indigi posted:

he won't, and it won't

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

whether or not it's the real influence, sleuths found some ancient Apple II car design 'game' and the perfect design in the game looks exactly like the cybertruck.

I loving hate elon musk I hope he suffers immeasurably and all that ill gotten wealth ends up doing something good for humanity somehow.

I played that game as a kid. It owned. The wind tunnel was awesome.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Toaster Beef posted:

Lmaooooooooo.

you still got it :patriot:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Commanders are likely hiring this guy to be Chief Nerd in charge of Salary Cap.

https://x.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1792276606074958093

We’re also aggressively pursuing this guy to head the scouting department.

https://x.com/InsideTheLeague/status/1530252960579690496

They’ve just about cleared out the remains from Snyder and have fumigated the entire building.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:siren: LMAO :siren:

https://x.com/Variety/status/1792540385253707890

Sebastian Stan's Donald Trump movie "The Apprentice" counts billionaire Dan Snyder as an investor. But he's said to be furious over the cut playing at Cannes as he was under the impression the film was going to be a flattering portrayal of Trump.

Snyder, a friend of Trump’s who donated $1.1. million to his inaugural committee and Trump Victory in 2016 and $100,000 to his 2020 presidential campaign, put money into the "The Apprentice" via Kinematics. Lawyers were reportedly enlisted to fight the film's release, and cease-and-desist letters began flying.

Sources familiar with the back and forth say Snyder took issue with multiple aspects of the film and weighed in on what should be changed.

Read more here: https://variety.com/2024/film/news/donald-trump-movie-the-apprentice-dan-snyder-feud-1236010060/

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Classic Dan Snyder, overpaying then getting the opposite of what he thought he'd get

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

that's really funny