Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Won't somebody think of the children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Justin Williams taking shrinking into a corncob too literally.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

WeaponX posted:

Hurricane fans arent hicks, they are Long Island Trump 2024 transplants

We still have plenty of them up here though that was true in at least one case, he's in Tampa now.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://x.com/NJDevils/status/1791468721594053022

Fitz doing the important things first

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

3 years? What the hell

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
He better send a really nice thank you note to Rempe.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Matt Zerella posted:

Heres a chaser to wash that taste out of your mouth

i'm trans i don't need any more chasers

AntiDepressor
Jun 3, 2011

lol thats the Lamoriello special

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

:laffo: the rempeffect

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

god it must be so easy to be tall and able to skate in straight lines without falling down

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://x.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1791500448697868571

I don't understand why this is taking this long.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Outta that list it's gotta be Berube, right?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

mcmagic posted:

https://x.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1791500448697868571

I don't understand why this is taking this long.

I mean their whole plan got hosed when Ottawa stole Travis Green.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Brind'Amour wont extend his contract with the canes and will become the new devils coach :v:

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”

ZeeBoi posted:

Brind'Amour won’t extend his contract with the canes and will become the new devils coach :v:

He's just addicted to getting cucked by Zibanejad/Kreider.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

DildenAnders posted:

He's just addicted to getting cucked by Zibanejad/Kreider.

Last year wasn't that long ago.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

no doubt Rod would instantly fall in love with Hischier but the rest of that team doesn't seem constructed to the mold he likes

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Well the leafs and kraken are also interested, do they fit the mold?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I expect Brind'Amour's record breaking contract with the Leafs to be announced by like Monday

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The Kraken I'd argue moreso than the Leafs, and he has the Ron Francis connection so it makes sense people putting 2 and 2 together there... that said, the Leafs could always offer him a big bag of money stylistic preferences don't really matter.

But he just conceptually seems to like a more "workman" roster where every line is playing the same kind of hockey. I don't see that working on a top heavy roster. But maybe he's capable of adjusting

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

The Kraken I'd argue moreso than the Leafs, and he has the Ron Francis connection so it makes sense people putting 2 and 2 together there... that said, the Leafs could always offer him a big bag of money stylistic preferences don't really matter.

But he just conceptually seems to like a more "workman" roster where every line is playing the same kind of hockey. I don't see that working on a top heavy roster. But maybe he's capable of adjusting

Everyone in Leafsland seems to believe someone, most likely Marner or maybe Tavares, is headed out, so it won't be so top heavy.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Goodbye Marner and Tavares, Hello Zadorov and Guentzel

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I dont see the point of moving Tavares out when hes only a year out on his deal anyway, and both he and Marner have NMCs. As much as Shanahan got up in front of mics and basically said he no longer believes in the core I think its just gonna be real hard to move those guys.

The other thing is its been so long that the Leafs cap issue is becoming less and less of a thing, with Tavares deal expiring, the cap going up, and the amount of expiring contracts they have this year theres room for roster surgery without a bigger move. The question is, you know, do they want to re-sign Tavares/Marner and how much would they cost. If Mitch wants to be paid comparable to Matthews again then its definitely goodbye and you might as well trade him now.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I just expect the Leafs to do the funniest possible thing, which in this case would be deciding the solution to their team underachieving in the playoffs every year is Rod Brind'Amour

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

Koopa Kid posted:

The question is, you know, do they want to re-sign Tavares/Marner and how much would they cost. If Mitch wants to be paid comparable to Matthews again then its definitely goodbye and you might as well trade him now.

I was just having a laugh but I do think the Leafs would do well with Guentzel, but he might get some egregious contract offers after his time with the Canes.

Basically proved he isn't a product of the Pens or Crosby or anything like that, he just scores.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Carver posted:

Goodbye Marner and Tavares, Hello Zadorov and Guentzel

Honestly Guentzel would be a great get for the Leafs.

Edit: ^ yeah what you said

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIRE IN ME

Matt Zerella posted:

Canes twitter was asking where Mika was during 9/11 so that whole fanbase can cry themselves to sleep tonight.

like, official canes twitter or just fans?

either way holy poo poo

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Jake rules but he's only going to become less and less durable as age and the NHL wears him down. He probably would be a good fit for the Leafs but they need him at a similar cap hit to his time in Pitt and not whatever UFA money bags he might get.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Personally I think Guentzel shoudl sign out west so I don't have to see him owning the rangers nearly as often

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Levitate posted:

like, official canes twitter or just fans?

either way holy poo poo

I didn't see it but I can almost guarantee it was probably a dumb early 20s guy with like 300 followers who made a lovely offensive joke that got noticed by Ranger fans and dogpiled (rightfully so)

Mind_Taker posted:

Honestly Guentzel would be a great get for the Leafs.

I don't see him signing with the Leafs, he'd be a good fit on the ice but he seems like more of a quiet/laidback guy who might want to go somewhere that isn't so intense. Not to say that Pittsburgh can't be intense about their players, but I just imagine Guentzel going somewhere that's not quite so hockey-crazy.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 19:23 on May 17, 2024

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I still expect Guentzel to return to the Pens, but it's always possible someone will outbid them for him.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

I still expect Guentzel to return to the Pens, but it's always possible someone will outbid them for him.

They don't have the capspace to re-sign him. Also he allegedly sold his house in Pittsburgh.

They could make the capspace with trades I suppose but I dunno who is chomping at the bit to get Reilly Smith

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Matt Zerella posted:

Canes twitter was asking where Mika was during 9/11 so that whole fanbase can cry themselves to sleep tonight.

i think some funny mika 9/11 tweets is one of the only things that could make me enjoy this cursed rangers run a little bit more

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
Rod has a ton of good qualities as a coach but this is really egregious as a coaching issue:

https://twitter.com/MikeKellyNHL/status/1791290174606860792

to have that much more OZ possession time and that many more shots and fewer expected goals seems like a massive blindspot on the offensive side. His system is great at getting the puck back, but there's nothing forcing him to take as many low-percentage shots as he has his team do. They have a lot of talent, they could keep playing defense the way they do and try to go for a lot more quality. That shouldn't affect their OZ possession time at all--if anything, it will increase it!

now, I hope he and the Canes don't learn this lesson. but that is a disaster of an offensive coaching performance.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Devils are holding out to go after him, but I also would think he stays in Carolina. the Devils might be a good match for him roster-wise, as they have the speed to execute a lot of his system, but they also have a lot of naturally high skill guys who he might give some leash too and not turn them into traffic spam guys. but he also might build the exact same team as in Carolina, right down to the bad goaltending

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

They don't have the capspace to re-sign him. Also he allegedly sold his house in Pittsburgh.

They could make the capspace with trades I suppose but I dunno who is chomping at the bit to get Reilly Smith

They have plenty of space but if he sold his house (to Rust I see, :lol:) it's probably a non-starter

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

mcmagic posted:

i think some funny mika 9/11 tweets is one of the only things that could make me enjoy this cursed rangers run a little bit more

say what now

e: to be clear, if anyone is making "jokes" about where Zibanejad was during 9/11 it's because they're racist and they think his last name means he's Muslim. So if you are enjoying that then maybe take a break

Levitate fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 17, 2024

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://x.com/canes/status/1791484093072290245?s=46

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

speaking of needing to take a break...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I generally think snark tweeting should be beneath the dignity of an NHL team, but when you're right, you're right. That is soft.