Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I legit love Jedi Survivor's story because of its focus on the characters. I really loved how Respawn decided to make pretty much every side character have some kind of connection/parallel to Cal's story and used them to explore his character and meditate on what his role/the role of the Jedi should be in the current state of the galaxy. Also, Koboh/Pyloon's Saloon is up there with Majula as one of my favorite video game hub areas. Pyloon's nails a similar melancholic vibe as Majula in the post game, as everyone worries about the encroaching Imperial presence and slowly your friends begin leaving.

I really need to do NG+ with the remixed enemy placements and finally complete the bounty hunter sidequest now that it's fixed.

PunkBoy has a new favorite as of 18:23 on May 17, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The best guns are all in Titanfall 2

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Opopanax posted:

The best guns are all in Turok 2

ftfy

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Doom's shotgun is the best, but FEAR's shotgun comes in a close second.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Now that I've unlocked the third tier of the playpen, Rugrats Royal Ransom has really ramped up the difficulty. The only minigame I haven't done for the circus is the flying one as it's REALLY hard, and the minigame returning 7 eggs to their nests is really neat as you get to grab the egg then run for a "scarydactyl" to fly to one of the nests and figure out which one matches the colour of the current egg. Also the later minigames all require a surprising amount of batteries, so I've started to have to go back to prior levels to get more batteries that I missed the first time. I'm just playing to beat it for now as on Baby mode it's seemingly impossible to 100% anyway as later difficulties give you more cash pickups, and even on baby easy it's quite engaging after the first two worlds. There's also a good amount of variety in the games.

It's not like the ps1 Search for Reptar where even the high difficulty games were easy. Also watching the super-techno-playpen upgrade itself as you reach each tier is kind of fun.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

... guys, I think we need to stage an intervention for BioEnchanted. Clearly they're either using way too many drugs, or not nearly enough and it's causing them to hallucinate the most bat-poo poo crazy sounding games into reality.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Randalor posted:

... guys, I think we need to stage an intervention for BioEnchanted. Clearly they're either using way too many drugs, or not nearly enough and it's causing them to hallucinate the most bat-poo poo crazy sounding games into reality.

That is Bioenchanted's superpower and we would never take it from them.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

I always have a soft spot for the automatic shotguns from the Metro series, particularly in the first game where the revolver shotgun was so shittily designed that you could only fully reload it by loading it once, firing off a shell, then reloading again. Really made it feel jury-rigged.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

ImpAtom posted:

Every now and then I'll actually recognize some of the obscure games that Bio is playing and I go full on *DiCaprio pointing at the screen meme* at my own phone, like some kind of lunatic

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

BioEnchanted posted:

Now that I've unlocked the third tier of the playpen, Rugrats Royal Ransom has really ramped up the difficulty. The only minigame I haven't done for the circus is the flying one as it's REALLY hard, and the minigame returning 7 eggs to their nests is really neat as you get to grab the egg then run for a "scarydactyl" to fly to one of the nests and figure out which one matches the colour of the current egg. Also the later minigames all require a surprising amount of batteries, so I've started to have to go back to prior levels to get more batteries that I missed the first time. I'm just playing to beat it for now as on Baby mode it's seemingly impossible to 100% anyway as later difficulties give you more cash pickups, and even on baby easy it's quite engaging after the first two worlds. There's also a good amount of variety in the games.

It's not like the ps1 Search for Reptar where even the high difficulty games were easy. Also watching the super-techno-playpen upgrade itself as you reach each tier is kind of fun.

This legitimately sounds like you're talking about like five separate games.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
The Trepang2 shotgun owns hard too

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Turok 1 had some insane super weapons and the quad missile launcher owne

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

It's been a while since I played, but Killing Floor's shotguns have always been real good as well. Accurate and long-ranged enough to remove a head at 20 paces easily, while the later variants also have enough oomph to turn a group of enemies into a pile of giblets in one blast.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

verbal enema posted:

Turok 1 had some insane super weapons and the quad missile launcher owne

Every turok weapon pales in comparison to the cerebral bore.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i guess

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Captain Hygiene posted:

I love it, I was curious how they'd implement it on PC. On Playstations you can just swipe the touchpad to activate that (and a few other actions), but I always wondered how it would translate to another system without that feature when the controls are already pretty maxed out otherwise.

You hit G on your keyboard.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

That's right :hai:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

It's interesting how GoldenEye had two different shotguns and neither of them were used in the campaign in any way shape or form

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Meowywitch posted:

It's interesting how GoldenEye had two different shotguns and neither of them were used in the campaign in any way shape or form

I thought the auto-shotgun was used on one of the park missions? I swear I remember thinking "man, this thing is awesome, normally shotguns take forever to fire and/or reload" and I pretty much didn't play Goldeneye multiplayer.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I thought the auto-shotgun was used on one of the park missions? I swear I remember thinking "man, this thing is awesome, normally shotguns take forever to fire and/or reload" and I pretty much didn't play Goldeneye multiplayer.

youre right

poo poo. I'm embarrassed.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Philippe posted:

You hit G on your keyboard.

Oh yeah, I always forget people use M+KB :v:

I don't know why I didn't just look up the controller settings, looks like they just changes one of the d-pad directions to be a quick select menu to replace the touchpad controls :ms:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

On that note thinking about it the shotgun in Perfect Dark was just awful...actually might be one of the worst weapons in the entire game

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

ImpAtom posted:

If we stop bio from making up games they might start manifesting some really hosed up poo poo into the world

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

BioEnchanted posted:

A game I've actually played! Getting to do a Reptar Rampage as the end game was worth the rest of the pretty horrendous gameplay.

Re: Shotguns. I'm quite fond of the SPAS-12 in Far Cry 6 which has all the cartoony physics that the rest of the game (with the exception of the massive impaling crossbow) lacks. Why yes, I DO want basic cannon fodder troopers to go cartwheeling away when I bodyshot them!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

BioEnchanted posted:

I think I beat that PS1 game in a single night while visiting family friends as a kid. Was satisfying, it's just charming enough and at the end you get to rampage around as Reptar and then there's a musical number. Mostly I just remember some of the jokes being decent.

"Larry! Steve! Clean-up in the detergent department! Hehe, just add water."

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Royal Ransom has a bunch of neat optional areas that only exist to hide collectibles, like in the level where you fight through a fairground full of clowns a lot of the batteries and funbux (that you use to buy minigames for multiplayer) are in little dead ends with other rides that you don't have to interact with at all. Similarly in the level where you are collecting eggs you don't have to deal with any of the platforming/trap gauntlets, but they are there if you want to explore for them, it's quite good at scratching that itch of "But I want to see what's over THERE!".

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

CJacobs posted:

Hey I'm replaying a game and what's your favorite videogame shotgun, as the shotgun in Bioshock 2 is the only gun in a video game I can describe as going loving KABLOOEY

I don't really play a lot of shooting games, but I was OBSESSED with Left 4 Dead in high school/college, so I'll always have a soft spot for the auto shotgun in those games. :kiddo:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

The Breaker Shotgun in Helldivers 2 is also a magic wand that makes Terminids vanish.

the pump action is an incantation that can let me solo three stalkers at once by cycling through stun animations and if i catch them right with their dumbass heads exposed it can two shot them.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I really like the smart shotgun from Cyberpunk 2077. Smart weapons lock onto an enemy, so by using it you can either shoot around corners or deliver an entire salvo of shot into a person, which is nice.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Auto-targeting is so good, smart weapons are so underrated. Rebecca's Shotgun, also from Cyberpunk, could be used to eliminate fall-damage if you fired it down at the quickly-approaching earth. They patched it but it still fires you across the room if you shoot someone point blank.

Pre-patch you could fire it backwards to fly.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

CJacobs posted:

Rebecca's Shotgun, also from Cyberpunk, could be used to eliminate fall-damage if you fired it down at the quickly-approaching earth. They patched it but it still fires you across the room if you shoot someone point blank.

Lmao, I wish I'd known about that when I was playing the original version, shotgun propulsion feels like the funniest thing I've seen in a game in a while.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Smart snipers are terrifying, because if you angle your weapon up while still locking on, the shot will fire up and arc downwards to headshot behind cover.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hey thanks for taking up my prompt on video game shotguns, some real good ones have been presented here. Glad goons can appreciate a good boomstick! The shotguns in Days Gone are surprisingly killer, can clear hundreds of zombies to the point where traps behind them will set off.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Lmao, I wish I'd known about that when I was playing the original version, shotgun propulsion feels like the funniest thing I've seen in a game in a while.

Related to one of my favorite easter eggs in all of gaming: Usually the tank in GTA Vice City can't fly. Not even with cheats. But it turns out you just have to get a running start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOW8dLHzPLo&t=5s

Blasting helicopters out of the air with it never got old.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 21:15 on May 18, 2024

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

CJacobs posted:

Auto-targeting is so good, smart weapons are so underrated. Rebecca's Shotgun, also from Cyberpunk, could be used to eliminate fall-damage if you fired it down at the quickly-approaching earth. They patched it but it still fires you across the room if you shoot someone point blank.

The scout's shotgun in Deep Rock Galactic can do this too. .One of the overclock mods gives it tremendous recoil, and you can get the reload time down far enough that you can fly with it...assuming you don't ever miscalculate!

I love how the DRG devs leaned into the scout's greatest enemy being gravity.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Gravity is consistently the number one cause of downs on missions in their census outputs so it's the enemy of every dwarf. But yeah it's also super the enemy of the scout since they have the zipline too. :v:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Kitfox88 posted:

Gravity is consistently the number one cause of downs on missions

:dadjoke:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I love the shotgun in Rugrats Royal Ransom

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

codenameFANGIO posted:

I love the shotgun in Rugrats Royal Ransom

You joke but the final mission is using a powered catapult to drive around Angelica's castle and blow down all her doors. Almost all the scenery is destructible, which is really satisfying.