Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
This is an incredibly dumb white whale but someone photoshopped Eric Trump to look like Bib Fortuna and it made me laugh but I haven't found the image since then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Looking for this gif from Hot Fuzz:

Except when front guy sways back it's Nigel Thornberry's face.

Fuoco
Jan 3, 2009
What was the Windows 95-era CD-ROM sampler that had clips from SoftImage on it? One of the clips was a guy talking to an alien, and the alien is disappointed that he sounds like William Shatner.

It may have been an Internet Exlporer/MSN promotional thing that showcased what the World Wide Web was like.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
There's a video of this pastor and a kid singing a song about Jesus that is the most cringy poo poo ever filmed. The lyrics go something "but then I found Jesus (then I found Jesus), a-loosey goosey (a-loosey goosey)."

Don't ever try to google something with the word Christian or Jesus in it. Unless it's the Bible or the worst Christian country music you've ever heard, you won't find.

You can post it straight to the embarrassing song thread if you find it, that's all I want it for.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Funky See Funky Do posted:

There's a video of this pastor and a kid singing a song about Jesus that is the most cringy poo poo ever filmed. The lyrics go something "but then I found Jesus (then I found Jesus), a-loosey goosey (a-loosey goosey)."

Don't ever try to google something with the word Christian or Jesus in it. Unless it's the Bible or the worst Christian country music you've ever heard, you won't find.

You can post it straight to the embarrassing song thread if you find it, that's all I want it for.

The song is Potato Chip Potato Chip (munchy crunchy) but I can't find the exact video.

here's an edited version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf05p1pPfuw

e: yeah original has been deleted. Otherwise it would've been on my playlist.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Kosmo Gallion posted:

I'm certain it came from these forums a few years back. The biography of a person claiming to be John Travolta but he was some kind of full blown conspiracy dude and had had really bad surgery to make him look like Travolta? It was just a couple of images of the dude and maybe his book was for sale on Amazon.

The book was titled Tracking Travolta by Robert Randolph. I came across it in the Weird and Wonderful Books thread, which I also now can't find. It's also not a biography.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Kosmo Gallion posted:

The book was titled Tracking Travolta by Robert Randolph. I came across it in the Weird and Wonderful Books thread, which I also now can't find. It's also not a biography.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3842135
Unfortunately the book doesn't seem to be how you remembered it.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Twenty-ish years ago, there was an goon-made album that got some circulation on GBSfm. I remember two song specifically - one was called Internet Lover, and the first verse goes (approximately):

Internet lover, how could you be so fine
Dream about you nearly all of the time
You type so nastily but I've never seen your face
You could be just about any member of the human race
Are you a fat old man sweating in the dark?
Are you a teenage girl who should be playing in a park?

Blue moon; you made my modem your own
No more typing alone
Can we have sex on the phone?

The second song I remember was called something to the effect of A Hypothetical Cowboy and it detailed a man getting hammered at a saloon and then hitting on a cow in a field, I remember far fewer lyrics:

something something something picked a few wild flowers
Though she may have been a holstein, we talked for several hours
What's this bovine attraction that I'm feeling as I ride?
Well hell, I've never been one to swim against the tide

I'd love to hear that album again for olde time's sake :goleft:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Waste of Breath posted:

It was the measles party that stuck out to childhood me as particularly foreign. Thanks posters for reminding me of a weird book series I liked

I read some of those too.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The song is Potato Chip Potato Chip (munchy crunchy) but I can't find the exact video.

here's an edited version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf05p1pPfuw

e: yeah original has been deleted. Otherwise it would've been on my playlist.

Oh god. I changed my mind I don't want to find the original anymore.

AFistfulOfBitcoins
Feb 11, 2014

Kosmo Gallion posted:

This isn't a white whale yet but something I just remembered and can't instantly think of the words to Google.

I'm certain it came from these forums a few years back. The biography of a person claiming to be John Travolta but he was some kind of full blown conspiracy dude and had had really bad surgery to make him look like Travolta? It was just a couple of images of the dude and maybe his book was for sale on Amazon.

I'm sorry that sounds crazy but it just popped into my head about five minutes ago and I need to remember.

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Decided to read that thread a lil' and I found this on the first page:

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Self-published books can be some of the craziest. I found these two in the close-out section of a Half Price Books. They are by an wildly unhinged man named Robert Randolph, who spills the dirt on a festive Hollywood sex conspiracy. He is especially upset about John Travolta's unwillingness to admit his homosexulty. For reasons I can't even begin to speculate upon, the author got plastic surgery to look like John Travolta between the publication of the two. The books are sheer, unadulterated insanity.

and well... that sure is something

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I really want to know what they say about andy dick since that guy is a *disaster*

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Oh god. I changed my mind I don't want to find the original anymore.

Oh you found Jesus?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Goddamn I sure do miss Gutter Phoenix

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, I hope GP's doing well. He was a great poster

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
British show making fun of americans, cartoon about the crusades and they were all football players or something? One dies

AFistfulOfBitcoins
Feb 11, 2014

Milo and POTUS posted:

British show making fun of americans, cartoon about the crusades and they were all football players or something? One dies

I know this! It's from Monkey Dust

There's actual multiple shorts in that theme. Here's the Crusades one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEVJ_48YgTg&t=1s

and here's a Black Hawk Down parody:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VovRTt0hAPk

monkey dust is worth a watch, altho some of it has aged.... poorly in the way most 2000's humour has.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA
Does anyone still have a copy of some of those videos from the 'Inappropriate sound track choices' thread?

I'm looking for the Trinity Train one, as well as the Starwars/Swordfish opening one.

MehrTentakelnBitte
Jun 27, 2014

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhl'apn
Had this sweater pic on my phone for ages... probably got it here, from like the Aliexpress or Waffle threads, but who knows. Google and the other reverse image sites I tried gave me nothing close, or Tsar Caviar whose logos look nothing similar. Since I don't know the language, the best I can type the name is "TSЯIӾOVSЭI caviar KЖЯMROVF", though the Ж and M are wrong, and google is being useless for those, too.

I really want this ugly sweater : (
e: forgot image orz

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I also want that sweater. A reverse Google image search brings up many other ugly sweaters, but not that one.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Fwiw, I'm reasonably confident that the non-caviar text is just gibberish. It mixes Latin and Cyrillic, and crams together consonants in a way that would make Polish blush. In other words: yes, consistent with it originating from AE/Wish/whatever.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

MehrTentakelnBitte posted:

Had this sweater pic on my phone for ages... probably got it here, from like the Aliexpress or Waffle threads, but who knows. Google and the other reverse image sites I tried gave me nothing close, or Tsar Caviar whose logos look nothing similar. Since I don't know the language, the best I can type the name is "TSЯIӾOVSЭI caviar KЖЯMROVF", though the Ж and M are wrong, and google is being useless for those, too.

I really want this ugly sweater : (
e: forgot image orz

I thought that read GWAR at first glance

A GWAR fish xmas shirt would own unironically

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

On the topic of ugly sweaters, there was a sweater of a cat coming out of the side seam that was really popular around like 2017 but then there was a purposefully badly drawn knockoff of that sweater that was maybe even more popular. They both disappeared off aliexpress before I could buy them and haven't popped up since, I'd love to know where they went

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Monkey Dust, like FistfulOfBitcoins says. It's definitely my favorite sketch comedy of all time. Excellent soundtrack as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKSGdByaUIA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw7oWL8wb1w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCywGhHQMEw&t=22s

cat botherer fucked around with this message at 16:36 on May 17, 2024

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
The BBC left the West Bromwich suicide bombers sketches off the DVD release, the cowards.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
Aw poo poo I loved Monkey Dust as a wee youth, I'm not sure how well it aged but there was some solid gold in there.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

When the original Mission Impossible came out in 1996, the theme got a fair amount of play on my local top 40 radio station. I don't know if it was a remix or a special version, but I can't find the song now (except from my old childhood cassette tapes). This version of the MI theme had a portion in the middle with "Mr. Phelps, your mission, if you choose to accept it" voice work.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I swear to God in the 90s there was this show on TV called "My Stepmother is an alien." I know there was a movie in the 80s but that's not what I'm thinking of. I think it was only on for a couple of episodes. Maybe that wasn't the name but I think the premise was that the stepmom was an actual alien or something. I think it was on CBS

God maybe I dreamed this for some reason but I swear I remember this show!

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I swear to God in the 90s there was this show on TV called "My Stepmother is an alien." I know there was a movie in the 80s but that's not what I'm thinking of. I think it was only on for a couple of episodes. Maybe that wasn't the name but I think the premise was that the stepmom was an actual alien or something. I think it was on CBS

Was it this? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_in_the_Family

Found via https://www.thelist.com/1456788/tgif-stars-passed-away/

quote:

"Aliens in the Family" was a show about a single dad who remarries, creating a blended family — only the new stepmom is an alien. The show was launched in 1996, and it only lasted a couple of weeks before it was pulled.

If you happened to watch the show, you'll remember Margaret Trigg as the alien stepmom, Cookie Brody. The actor made her way to New York City from Texas to start her career in the entertainment industry in the early '90s. Trigg was "always a performer, from the time she was a little bitty thing," her mother told New York Magazine. She starred in a low-budget sci-fi film and regularly performed stand-up in comedy clubs around New York City before landing her role on the ABC sitcom. Sadly, her career never really picked up steam.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Cookie Brody sounds like a skateboard trick

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Could it be Aliens in the Family?
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0115090/?ref_=tt_mv

Doug is kidnapped by Cookie, an alien mom. They marry and try to blend their mixed family into everyday life.

I've never heard of this before but god that looks horrifying, very dinosaurs

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Frontside cookie brody off the kicker

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

there's also my parents are aliens:
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0284335/

The day-to-day lives of three orphaned children who are adopted by aliens that have trouble adjusting to the local culture.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Literally A Person posted:

Frontside cookie brody off the kicker

Sick grind

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

When the original Mission Impossible came out in 1996, the theme got a fair amount of play on my local top 40 radio station. I don't know if it was a remix or a special version, but I can't find the song now (except from my old childhood cassette tapes). This version of the MI theme had a portion in the middle with "Mr. Phelps, your mission, if you choose to accept it" voice work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b07nO5QthV0

This maybe? The movie soundtrack release had several remixes included. If it's not this one then you might check the others.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Lemniscate Blue posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b07nO5QthV0

This maybe? The movie soundtrack release had several remixes included. If it's not this one then you might check the others.

That's it; thanks! I was hoping to find a better version than the one I captured - in mono - from an old cassette tape.

Harvey TWH
Sep 6, 2005

Want some peanuts?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

When the original Mission Impossible [feature] came out in 1996, the theme got a fair amount of play on my local top 40 radio station. I don't know if it was a remix or a special version, but I can't find the song now (except from my old childhood cassette tapes). This version of the MI theme had a portion in the middle with "Mr. Phelps, your mission, if you choose to accept it" voice work.

Already answered, but for what it's worth, that Junior's Hard Mix in the link is the edit a bit over 4 minutes; on the 5-track maxi single (CD) it clocks in at 8:53, so you can jam for over twice as long. Good mixes on that single, but be warned, one of them starts by sounding as if your speakers are blown out. (This was one of the only singles I ever bought at retail and the teen version of me, intrigued by this remix concept, was still freaked out at having apparently broken the boombox.)

CoffeeBoofer
Dec 10, 2023

by Pragmatica
In the very late 2000's or early 2010's, there was a painting of a wintery town at night with kids sledding and playing with snow. Someone had posted that there was something "dark" about the artwork and the artist's past. People on SA and other forums were looking for signs and other symbols in the painting to figure it out. I never found out what happened with that and I've never been able to find anything related to that. Anyone remember this?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Gonna cross post this because I think I'd have a bigger pool of ahabs.

Picture request: I've only seen this once, but it was pretty striking. It was a picture of the Iraq war or just before and it had a gaggle of troops standing around facing what looked an old rear end building. I'm pretty sure there were those long narrow flags that are hung vertically flanking a lectern or something and they had giant crosses on them. If it weren't for all the troops wearing modern equipment you would think it from the crusades. It was very striking and honestly revealing that anyone would think it looked good or at least reflected well on their intentions.

Obviously searching Iraq war crusades returns me a lot of opinions I'd rather be ignorant of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

CoffeeBoofer posted:

In the very late 2000's or early 2010's, there was a painting of a wintery town at night with kids sledding and playing with snow. Someone had posted that there was something "dark" about the artwork and the artist's past. People on SA and other forums were looking for signs and other symbols in the painting to figure it out. I never found out what happened with that and I've never been able to find anything related to that. Anyone remember this?

I remember this thread and was just thinking about it a few days ago when looking at some cartoon.

I found a post mentioning it from 2008, so that maybe narrows down the time of the original thread, but the reply to that post included a link to this:
https://akuplin.blogspot.com/2006/12/fact-myth-and-rumor.html